The new friend list feauture review.

Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
edited December 2018 in Community
I don’t like it, 3/4 of my friends are builders and they like building privately, so let’s say that they will use this new feature, so there goes my friends list, no one online, boring cubic castles.
No one asked for an offline mode, we all asked for a way to prevent people from teleporting. You can do that by toggling on/off or a new command, perhaps /private.
Then you could introduce private messages so we could message people that are locked if we need them.
Let’s put it this way, i’m a new player i try to make some friends but they all use offline mode and i’m lonely.
I would quit the game asap.

Thoughts on this?

Comments

• I think it's a nice addition. Not everyone is going to be on the offline mode, and it's a much simpler way.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited December 2018
    We should have them both. Invisible if youre in a really bad mood and want to be a lonely potato and a busy mode with a whitelist for close friends..
    It's a step forward, but the bridge must still be crossed
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Yeah this is a small change I know, but long term we will do a bigger overhaul to friends lists.
  • Yeah this is a small change I know, but long term we will do a bigger overhaul to friends lists.

Alright, thanks for the reply!
  • I love this new feature SO MUCH. I would like the friends list to be improved on with suggestions as Luca stated but this is a great band-aid solution. I am tired of having to switch accounts to just mine, I am tired of always having to check to see if a room is locked or not. So often I only have say thirty minutes to play on CC, I go to a room that is not locked and bam I swarmed with people. Which is nice but at the same time I want to build and what I end up doing is talking to them vs, spending my thirty minutes building.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I love this feature. I'd rather hide completely compared to just appearing offline, at least this way I don't feel rude for blocking my access
  • Now we can throw our clothes off, be naked, and not have to worry about someone walking in because we forgot to lock the door.
  • @SirKewberth When you enter a realm with 'appear offline' enabled, will a red SYSTEM message appear in the chat that says 'You are in offline mode.'? Like the message that tells you if you have hollas or shouts.
  • Sounds great! it would be akward to see your friend while hes offline mode. The update is not on my phone yet.
  • I sort of like this mode rather than just a teleport block (so, haven't tested it out yet, does it block people from teleporting to you when you have it turned on or is it just a visual to make your name look like it's offline?).

At least it appears that I'm offline, rather than 'too busy' for my friends. I think I'd rather think all my friends are offline than think they were avoiding me by blocking my teleports. Though it would be awkward to run into your friends in game if you have offline mode on...good thing I keep my friends list pretty small, and most are actually offline when I'm on due to their being from different countries.

Agree there is still much to do with the friends list. Would still love to see when they last played, an easy way to clean out those that have been offline for a long time (like a year or more), and if they are online where they currently are. And agree, we need to be able to PM our friends in game without having to teleport to them.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    There will be a system message, and the feature is not active yet until the new server update. Just the UI got in place early.
  • There will be a system message, and the feature is not active yet until the new server update. Just the UI got in place early.

Its weird i dont have the button in my device yet.. i reinstalled the game and still its not there i guess i will have when the update comes ?
    Depends on the platform you're running. We usually release Steam builds a few days early when we can, as a safety measure before rolling out mobile which are more complicated to deploy. (steam is pretty much instant so we can make quick fixes there if needed)