Decorative Crops

It was suggested several moons ago and Kewberth commented on the matter as a valid possibility. I am bringing the topic back to light to show that there is still interest in being able to use crops in a decorative fashion but without it counting against our farm total being restricted room wise. The tomato plant in the pot is sooooooo cooooot :O:! Please give us deco crops.

Comments

• With ReCubes perhaps?
  • Recubes would be a sensible way to purchase them, better than cubits in my opinion and would add another reason to farm which is a plus :D! I don't know how hard it be to add decorative crops I am not a developer but it doesn't seem like it would be overtly difficult.
  • YES!
  • That'd be cool. Is it just like i harvested my crops and i can place them besides selling and cooking. Sounds good.
  • Yes! This could be added with a brand new farming update!
  • So basically, you can buy the crops from the store for recubes as blocks and they look just like their normal full-grown counterparts? This would be amazing. Imagine being able to place pumpkins around without having to put them on soil or, as stated in the op, place crops in pots :O
    I think all the builders give this a "yes."
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited December 2018
    How about a tool that let's you do that to crops that are in ANY stage?
    Something like "Wear this in your hotbar to pull them as they are!" thing.. Maybe a pair of shears.
    It could cost recubes. It would make sense to.
  • I wouldn't mind the different stages :D! There are many builds that could benefit from this addition like medieval and rural builds! Beautiful fake fields of corn resting outside a looming castle with peasants attending the field, small gardens outside houses....it be great!
  • TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
    edited December 2018
    +1! Or..

Maybe a pot that lets you grow deco's. You grow a crop in them like normal, and when grown they stay grown forever. Try to break them, and they vanish into thin air.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

Something like "Wear this in your hotbar to pull them as they are!" thing.. Maybe a pair of shears.

Make the tool cost 1,000c in the store?
  • U said:

lucaaa795 said:

Or 5krc :D

U said:

lucaaa795 said:

5krc won’t make people buy cubits.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    This has always been in my todo list.. I had a mechanism from the start for this. I'll add it when I get a chance to.
  • Thank you so much Kew :)! It be highly appreciated!
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited December 2018
    U said:

U said:

lucaaa795 said:

Why are we trying to always make people buy cubits? Farming costs a lot of c to start and build a ReCube empire, so I think even if we look at it from a cubit stance, it's not bad *shrugs*
    edited December 2018

U said:

U said:

lucaaa795 said:

Why are we trying to always make people buy cubits? Farming costs a lot of c to start and build a ReCube empire, so I think evening we look at it from a cubic stance, it's not bad *shrugs*
    It costs 50c for farming .. I only bought the starter pack and maxed out farming ..
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited December 2018
    U said:

U said:

U said:

lucaaa795 said:

Why are we trying to always make people buy cubits? Farming costs a lot of c to start and build a ReCube empire, so I think evening we look at it from a cubic stance, it's not bad *shrugs*
    It costs 50c for farming .. I only bought the starter pack and maxed out farming ..
    I meant rooms and such. 1.2k (give or take) per 30x30 room, times five rooms, is 6k. It's a lot for people like me xD.