Overworlds - Big Cubic Changes

Comments

• Kewberth has commented that deep forests will be their own separate thing. To me cave mines should still be part of mountains because there is a fun sense of discovery to them and it makes sense for caves to be in mountains :P.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Kewberth has commented that deep forests will be their own separate thing. To me cave mines should still be part of mountains because there is a fun sense of discovery to them and it makes sense for caves to be in mountains :P.

Nobody mines cave mines because it’s so hard to find them.
  • Okay, I like all SirKewberths ideas, but Im a little concerned. These changes are going to be big, they're going to be time consuming to create. Im sure everyone understands that. But is this something that will be started soon (i.e within the next 3ish months, and I don't mean finished or even released, just starting to be worked on by the devs) or is this something that won't even be worked on for a long time?
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Okay, I like all SirKewberths ideas, but Im a little concerned. These changes are going to be big, they're going to be time consuming to create. Im sure everyone understands that. But is this something that will be started soon (i.e within the next 3ish months, and I don't mean finished or even released, just starting to be worked on by the devs) or is this something that won't even be worked on for a long time?

@HerbLoreLife I believe the answer to this question was in SirKew's original post

My hope would be to start rolling this new stuff out by year end.

• I don't think it is because they are hard to fine U. Let us be honest only a small fraction of CC mines and then you have to factor in how the blocks in a cave mine are non essential compared to something more desirable like wood. Thirdly cave mines are not hard to fine. They have that distinct top and takes less than twenty minutes to find.
  • I don't think it is because they are hard to fine U. Let us be honest only a small fraction of CC mines and then you have to factor in how the blocks in a cave mine are non essential compared to something more desirable like wood. Thirdly cave mines are not hard to fine. They have that distinct top and takes less than twenty minutes to find.

I would disagree with that, I followed all the tips and tricks, and never have found even one.

I don't think it is because they are hard to fine U. Let us be honest only a small fraction of CC mines and then you have to factor in how the blocks in a cave mine are non essential compared to something more desirable like wood. Thirdly cave mines are not hard to fine. They have that distinct top and takes less than twenty minutes to find.

Doesn’t only one spawn per mountain mine and they can spawn completely covered by ground? Ever since they fixed the exploit with killing yourself with bee hives it takes forever, for me at least.
  • Okay, I like all SirKewberths ideas, but Im a little concerned. These changes are going to be big, they're going to be time consuming to create. Im sure everyone understands that. But is this something that will be started soon (i.e within the next 3ish months, and I don't mean finished or even released, just starting to be worked on by the devs) or is this something that won't even be worked on for a long time?

@HerbLoreLife I believe the answer to this question was in SirKew's original post

My hope would be to start rolling this new stuff out by year end.

Oh, I guess I missed that, thanks for letting me know!

As a regular miner, I have to agree that caverns aren't that hard to find. I'd estimate I'd see one about every 5-7 Mountain mines that I'm in; whereas, I was averaging about 1 in 15 forests to get a deep forest mine (which often took 30-45 minutes or more). I'm glad to hear the deep forest mines will be separate, especially since you need the thorny vines to craft bombs, but have to agree, I like the discovery aspect of the caverns. Personally, I'd love one 'special' mine for all the mines that you can only access by discovery in the main mines (something like: coral reef atoll for the tropical zone, swamp for the deep forest mines, jungle ruin cave for the forest mines, and glacier cave for the arctic mines).
  • b3achy said:

I don't think it is because they are hard to fine U. Let us be honest only a small fraction of CC mines and then you have to factor in how the blocks in a cave mine are non essential compared to something more desirable like wood. Thirdly cave mines are not hard to fine. They have that distinct top and takes less than twenty minutes to find.

As a regular miner, I have to agree that caverns aren't that hard to find. I'd estimate I'd see one about every 5-7 Mountain mines that I'm in; whereas, I was averaging about 1 in 15 forests to get a deep forest mine (which often took 30-45 minutes or more). I'm glad to hear the deep forest mines will be separate, especially since you need the thorny vines to craft bombs, but have to agree, I like the discovery aspect of the caverns. Personally, I'd love one 'special' mine for all the mines that you can only access by discovery in the main mines (something like: coral reef atoll for the tropical zone, swamp for the deep forest mines, jungle ruin cave for the forest mines, and glacier cave for the arctic mines).
    Then why don’t you guys maybe create some sort of guide so that we too can find cave mines?
  • b3achy said:

Then why don’t you guys maybe create some sort of guide so that we too can find cave mines?
    There's a couple of videos on YouTube if your looking on the tips to find them :P
  • b3achy said:

http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/190466/#Comment_190466
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember

The only reason for providing mines in your worlds would be to have easy access to mines from your worlds. But, the mines will all be accessible from the official realms anyway. But imagine you had your own world with all your realms and you were working on a new build. You might find it convenient to just pop out and go to your own forest entrance instead of traveling to an official realm and finding a forest there.

Could we make the worlds communal? Say there’s a host for the world and you would need the hosts permission to place one or more of your realms? A world all to your self seems as lonely as the current overworld in a different sense.
  • edited December 2018
    I know cavern mines are not hard to fine, their top always shows and they never spawn fully underground because they always have that distinct top. Yesterday Grace was helping a friend to find a cavern mine. I offered to help find one and within four mines I found one.Below is a picture. Sticks out like a sore thumb. In contrast I agree with Beachy that deep forests are difficult to find and I am glad they are going to be separate. It takes me an average of seven to fifteen mines as well to find a deep forest vs. the less than ten to find a cavern.

Edit: Hope this helps! I accidentally tore part of it but it always a 3x3 patch with two lower 1x3 sides. They never blend in with the surrounding landscape to my knowledge. They look odd and out of place. Found it within two mines.

• Sirkewberth, my question remains, can we replace the ocean with something else except water and same with the land, plus can we sue environment stamps in our overworld
  • The only reason for providing mines in your worlds would be to have easy access to mines from your worlds. But, the mines will all be accessible from the official realms anyway. But imagine you had your own world with all your realms and you were working on a new build. You might find it convenient to just pop out and go to your own forest entrance instead of traveling to an official realm and finding a forest there.

I am one who would pay a premium for my own personal mines. I do love the game but not so much the broken things or the immature 7 to 12 year old players who fight the rules. If I didn't think this game had potential, I wouldn't have invested so much real $$ into it. And if indeed we are to get personal mines, will the entrances be blocked if a player comes to our overworld and tries to go into our mine to find us? My opinion on this is to block the entrance, for I do like to mine alone and would really love to be able to hide my name so I can see better when I mine. Maybe the name can be a hidden option in our profile, only while we are mining or farming.

For the poor players who who cant buy their own overworld, they still need exposure to bring in customers so I hope this update addresses this. As it is now they depend on the lobby to get other players to come to them. On the subject of shops, can there be a quick message that reminds realm owner to set the realm style to shop when a cash register or vending machine is placed? Not too many new players even know that the search options are linked to the realm style settings now.

I hope the realm/overworlds search options can be worked out as people like me who cant have friends, not too many players can even find me most of the time when they need me.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    chief12 said:

Sirkewberth, my question remains, can we replace the ocean with something else except water and same with the land, plus can we sue environment stamps in our overworld

No decision on environment stamps just yet, but in practice I think it should be possible. It may be one of those things we need to add after the intial release. We'll see.

There's no ocean by default. It's just a realm. So if you place ocean blocks youd get an ocean. If you don't you wouldn't.
  • Chief SoloChief Solo Member
    edited December 2018
    So please make lava placeable in overworlds and dont let it kill ppl pls
    Is there going to be set places for the Castles to be or is it going to be a separate block that you place?
  • Wow! I am 100% ready for this!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    U said:

Is there going to be set places for the Castles to be or is it going to be a separate block that you place?

The way I think it will work right now is... there will be a special block that is a realm-spot block. As well there will be some mine blocks. So to place realm locations or mines you'll place those special blocks. Then for the realms you'll click on a deed and on the spot and it will create a realm spot/door at that location. Crowbar will pop the deed off, or turn the mine back into a mine-block. That's the current design anyway.
  • Big cubic changes.. And the update will take more than 50mb ? just asking :)
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited December 2018
    CROWBARRRR! FINALLY!

Wait, is it single use? Or can we borrow our friend's crowbar? ;)
  • so when is this update set to be released?
  • CosmicSnail, I've asked the same questions as you did. And he replied "There's no date set for this yet"
  • U said:

The way I think it will work right now is... there will be a special block that is a realm-spot block. As well there will be some mine blocks. So to place realm locations or mines you'll place those special blocks. Then for the realms you'll click on a deed and on the spot and it will create a realm spot/door at that location. Crowbar will pop the deed off, or turn the mine back into a mine-block. That's the current design anyway.
    Didn't understand what you ment. "Special Block" bit

U said:

Didn't understand what you ment. "Special Block" bit
    A block that you place then you place your castle on I’m assuming.
  • If u ask me, I like how it is, because having where u can go to the over world and find other people's realms and mines is like the main idea of cubic castles and if u guys play roblox. Did u like the new rthro I don't it's like it's not the same game anymore. So plz don't change this game for me too. Like in roblox its not the same with rthro. And cubic castles won't be the same without the overworld that had mines and other peoples realms in it like Eden spire aspin and tinkerworld. When u go in them u find other peoples realms and the Looby doors and mines. So I just like cc how it is now and ik I might be on the opposite side but just plz have that but just do some tweaks too it. Sincerely....TomBoo
  • Tomboo.. Kewb said it in his description box that some people may hate it or like it. It can change everything
This discussion has been closed.