Overworlds - Big Cubic Changes

Comments

• WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I hope this hasn't already been answered. I've read through the whole thread and don't see it, forgive me if I missed it.

Will we be able to search for personal overworlds by the players name? Like if I wanted to see all of Grey's creations, could I search for his name and find his overworld? One of the hard parts about searching with the current set up is that most people don't put their name in their realm names so it's hard to find builds by a certain player.

I'm really looking forward to this change! I am hoping it will make it easier for people to see more of the creative builds that are hiding out there.

@SirKewberth
  • U said:

I say when you jump into your mine a list of all possible mines to join show up with the amount of people of them.

+1 -- This is how I thought it would work before SirK clarified. And I would love for it to work this way.

Will we be able to search for personal overworlds by the players name? Like if I wanted to see all of Grey's creations, could I search for his name and find his overworld? One of the hard parts about searching with the current set up is that most people don't put their name in their realm names so it's hard to find builds by a certain player.

+1 -- This really is needed...especially since there are some realms named the same. Searching/browsing by owner would be so very helpful.

This is truly an exciting change/update to the game. Looking forward to it as well.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I'm getting a lot of questions about search features. This is not a big search update, so don't expect a ton of new searching options. There will be some insomuch as they're needed for the new system, but it's probably something that will have to be refined after initial release. Likewise for deleting realms and other features not related to new overworlds. This is just about new overworlds and changing the whole overworld/lobby thing. That's already a really big job so we can't just throw in lots of other stuff as we release. Insomuch as it overlaps with work that has to be done though I'll keep people's concerns in mind and do my best.

With regards to personal or private mines, I'll think about it. What I can say for sure is there won't be a list of mines to choose from. You'll jump into an entrance and appear in a mine. I'm trying to simplify navigation, so I really don't like this list idea.

The real issue people seem to have is mining in peace, or mining peacefully with friends. I'll give it some thought but it's really it's own problem. In the past when people have asked about this I've basically said it's a big world with many players and so running into other players is just part of it, and I admit, I have misgivings about taking a social multiplayer world and segregating players. But with so many people concerned about this I guess it's something that has to be seriously looked at. There are technical issues as well related to this that aren't so easy to deal with.

Players have asked as well about whether the official worlds will have mines. Yes! All official worlds will have mine entrances. The precise number of mines and official worlds is still not finalized.
  • edited November 2018
    I have two things I hope for!

In our own worlds I hope that our realms do not pop and that the block count does not play a factor. It makes sense for them to pop in a public world but in our own worlds I like them to stick.

It would be nice if we were allowed to buy the search bumper from the cubit store. Most of us only go to the lobby to use the search bumper which is a hassle. It be great if we could just have a search bumper we could use anywhere.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Fix to all issues in the game. Add a craftable search bumper that can be in all starter realms that takes you to mines and others realms. Then add a start at home button when you click the doorway in the corner. Only kidding.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

I have two things I hope for!

In our own worlds I hope that our realms do not pop and that the block count does not play a factor. It makes sense for them to pop in a public world but in our own worlds I like them to stick.

It would be nice if we were allowed to buy the search bumper from the cubit store. Most of us only go to the lobby to use the search bumper which is a hassle. It be great if we could just have a search bumper we could use anywhere.

Realms will not decay or pop off. Basically they just stay where you put them. The whole popping off thing was to solve this problem of unused/unplayed realms filling up the existing overworlds so active players couldn't use them. That's not an issue with this new design.

We'll see about the search bumper.. I have to discuss that with server guys. The main issue with it is searching the entire database of realms is SLOW because there are so many possible realms and you don't want the search criteria to be too specific (otherwise it's not so useful). So if you have a ton of people doing all kinds of different searches all the time it would cause lag issues in the game since everything in the game requires access to the database. That's the main bottleneck with a game like this so we have to be a little careful about how we access the database.
  • So then would you be able to move your realms after they're placed if the don't pop off? Because, as far as I'm aware, the only way change where your realm is currently located, is to wait for it to pop off.
  • Thanks Kew :D! I hope the search bumper is not to much of an issue because it would sure be handy now and in the future. Even if there was some downgraded form.

So then would you be able to move your realms after they're placed if the don't pop off? Because, as far as I'm aware, the only way change where your realm is currently located, is to wait for it to pop off.

It's not done yet, but it was already guessed in this thread. Probably using the crowbar.
  • ValyreenaValyreena Member
    edited November 2018
    New suggestion in mind! To switch the official owner of a realm. and Realm
  • valyreena said:

Welcoming a new scam way? Some could just ask a newbie to set them as owner and that's over I guess
  • @*joystick* No, Just starting a way to make us builders get profit for what content we make :)
  • Make a large Caution: OTHER PEOPLE CAN USE AS SCAM, ONCE TRANSFERRED YOU CANNOT GET IT BACK.

valyreena said:

Welcoming a new scam way? Some could just ask a newbie to set them as owner and that's over I guess
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited November 2018
    valyreena said:

@*joystick* No, Just starting a way to make us builders get profit for what content we make :)

It doesn't remove the previously exposed issue :/

Make a large Caution: OTHER PEOPLE CAN USE AS SCAM, ONCE TRANSFERRED YOU CANNOT GET IT BACK.

valyreena said:

Confirmation boxes aren't read lol
    LateCom said:

i wish you couls change owner by asking support.. by both players permission

^
    valyreena said:

@*joystick* No, Just starting a way to make us builders get profit for what content we make :)

It would be cool to be able to sell builds... Maybe something like rental floors and you create a house and can copy it and sell copies... I wonder if people would actually want that?
  • valyreena said:

It would be cool to be able to sell builds... Maybe something like rental floors and you create a house and can copy it and sell copies... I wonder if people would actually want that?
    I would definitely want that! Remember that you said awhile back that you and cosmic were brainstorming about potentially being able to copy a build and sell the blueprints? This sounds like a similar idea!
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited November 2018

valyreena said:

I think they would. There have been some great suggestions on it too. I don't remember who said about Blueprints. But it was good.

Edit: It was Ed
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember

valyreena said:

me, I want it :)
    are we able to change the weather or environment of our own overworlds.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

valyreena said:

YES! this wouldnt only make it able to sell builds, but we can also replace builds if we did something slighty wrong
  • Good changes and I am exciting to see it. For now I see it a little bit complicated but who knows lol. I think I am gonna decide once it's out, once I see it myself. Looking forward to this changes.
  • also,, please add a sunrise stamp & a blossom stamp, aswell as a fall leaves stamp!! xd
  • Some stuff : will there be an update which allows to sell realms (not starters of course) so that the owner of the realm changes? Or at least make deeds unplayable in registers so no one sells them, as they are easy ways of tricking ppl...
    also, can overworld she bottomless and can we change themes like umm I focus my builds on a volcano theme so maybe I can make the ocean out of lava and islands of mountain blocks, with a red murk stamp? That would look awesome for my own overworld
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited November 2018
    are we able set our overworld sizes and maybe create a skin for it like moon XD
    and if we bought mines,does everyone have permission of your overworld's mines?

are we able set our overworld sizes and maybe create a skin for it like moon XD
    and if we bought mines,does everyone have permission of your overworld's mines?

No final decision on overworld sizes. For the mines I believe I've answered above but right now they'd just link to one of several available public mines. We are discussing some private mine features though so maybe that will happen eventually.
  • SarcoSarco Member
    edited November 2018
    So what is the point of buying mines if they are all linked to normal mines ? Will there a place for people who want to mine but not buy a mine? Or will we be forced to buy a mine?
  • This sounds interesting i'm a little confused but interested none the less. Keep up the great work Devs!
    The only reason for providing mines in your worlds would be to have easy access to mines from your worlds. But, the mines will all be accessible from the official realms anyway. But imagine you had your own world with all your realms and you were working on a new build. You might find it convenient to just pop out and go to your own forest entrance instead of traveling to an official realm and finding a forest there.
  • We need deep forest mines and cave mines separate.
  • ^ agreed
This discussion has been closed.