Overworlds - Big Cubic Changes

Comments

• -Will the rockets be removed?

-Will there be new styles of transportation for Overworlds?
  • -We could use rockets to go to 1 overworld to another....
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Sarco said:

lucaaa795 said:

@Sarco please fix your comment

?
    The one on the second page
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Siddd said:

As the owner of almost 30 realms I am looking forward to this change, I would love to put all my horror realms into it's own overworld! I wonder if there will be a limit to how many realms we can place within them, I assume as many as would fit?

Yes that's my thinking currently. As many as you can fit. Which in practice would not be the max possible since you'd likely want to leave room for mines and landscaping etc...
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

-Will the rockets be removed?

-Will there be new styles of transportation for Overworlds?

Wasn't sure about these.. but somoene suggested a way to link/group related overworlds so maybe they could be used for that. Maybe not in first release though...
  • What if we could buy our own personal mines? I mean, we won't be able to build on them and stuff,but just to be fastly going to a mine of our selection without having to find one.
  • You said the overworlds will be zoomed out like they are now, but are they like that when you buy them? When you buy an overworld, does it work like a normal room in that it's zoomed in and you can move the camera all around, and once you're done building it you activate it and it becomes zoomed out?
  • Sp0_0ky said:

What if we could buy our own personal mines? I mean, we won't be able to build on them and stuff,but just to be fastly going to a mine of our selection without having to find one.

That's the point of this, you wouldn't have to find one. You can buy a Mine Doorway, jump into it, and it works like a normal mine does now. For example if you place a doorway to a Forest Mine in your overworld, you can easily access a forest mine at any time.
    JackFury said:

You said the overworlds will be zoomed out like they are now, but are they like that when you buy them? When you buy an overworld, does it work like a normal room in that it's zoomed in and you can move the camera all around, and once you're done building it you activate it and it becomes zoomed out?

Currently it's just zoomed out.. No option for zoomed in view.
  • But please don't make them in a square form like Realm/rooms are, make it with different random shapes as the normal overworlds but with different textures.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited November 2018
    Once we place a realm in an overworld, will we be able to remove the realm if we want to place it in another overworld? For example, I put my realm in a clan overworld and the clan disbands...I'd want to move my realm to my new clan overworld or to a personal overworld.

Also, since we're linking to mines rather than having personal mines, will we have the option to select empty mines to enter? Or will it be random? Some people like to mine in their groups and don't want others jumping in...some people like to mine solo. (You'd think the mines are plenty big to have multiple groups in one, but some people don't understand mining etiquette and rather than find their own stuff, they just want to jump on your blocks that you've mined.)
  • Thanks kew for staying ontop of this thread. Such a big change can be scary and it is nice to have a line of communication.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    b3achy said:

Once we place a realm in an overworld, will we be able to remove the realm if we want to place it in another overworld? For example, I put my realm in a clan overworld and the clan disbands...I'd want to move my realm to my new clan overworld or to a personal overworld.

That sounds like the time to introduce to the public the crowbar that is fully functional already. @SirKewberth

• lucaaa795 said:

b3achy said:

That sounds like the time to introduce to the public the crowbar that is fully functional already. @SirKewberth

I was thinking the same thing.
  • I like the idea of all official & quest realms located together. Not so much that we need to buy an overworld for players to find our realms. There are a lot of players I talk to that get little to no traffic as it is. I think this is too big of a change for the wee lads & the very poor. IMO these changes will result in a lower player count and I am guessing 10% to 20% but just maybe it is a good thing if the majority are the 7 to 12 year old players.

As for the personal mines idea, will there be other players in our selected mines as it is now or will they be private?

If we do buy an overworld, will it be a selectable size and if so what happens if we need more room, buy a new one?

While you are in there making changes, please make that last cow smarter so she gets in the hole with the rest of them so I can milk her too. Also make 5 chickens lay an egg each time we enter the room instead of 1 or 2 as it is now.
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited November 2018
    Intimate said:

I like the idea of all official & quest realms located together. Not so much that we need to buy an overworld for players to find our realms. There are a lot of players I talk to that get little to no traffic as it is. I think this is too big of a change for the wee lads & the very poor. IMO these changes will result in a lower player count and I am guessing 10% to 20% but just maybe it is a good thing if the majority are the 7 to 12 year old players.

As for the personal mines idea, will there be other players in our selected mines as it is now or will they be private?

If we do buy an overworld, will it be a selectable size and if so what happens if we need more room, buy a new one?

While you are in there making changes, please make that last cow smarter so she gets in the hole with the rest of them so I can milk her too. Also make 5 chickens lay an egg each time we enter the room instead of 1 or 2 as it is now.

Nobody seems to understand the mine doorway concept xD
    Let's say, for example, that we have 15 Forest Mines up and running on the server. If you place a Forest Mine entrance in your overworld and jump in, you will land in one of those mines already running on the server. If someone else jumps in their Forest Mine entrance, they may end up in the same one as you or they may land in a different one. 15 is just an example number, we probably have more than that. There won't be private mines unless the developers decide to implement that as something extra that costs more. It would be kinda nice to have your own mine that only you can mine in.
    edited November 2018
    b3achy said:

Also, since we're linking to mines rather than having personal mines, will we have the option to select empty mines to enter? Or will it be random? Some people like to mine in their groups and don't want others jumping in...some people like to mine solo. (You'd think the mines are plenty big to have multiple groups in one, but some people don't understand mining etiquette and rather than find their own stuff, they just want to jump on your blocks that you've mined.)

It will go to a specific mine, much like the current ones do. There won't be a choice to specify which mine. Whether it's empty or not will be a factor of how crowded the server is and which mines other people are using. Mining in groups is still possible since the entrances wont be random so people can follow you in and end up in the same mine. Basically the door when you place it will link up to a particular mine and stay linked to that same mine.
  • Will deep forest mines now be separate from the forest mines or will they stay random?
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited November 2018

b3achy said:

It will go to a specific mine, much like the current ones do. There won't be a choice to specify which mine. Whether it's empty or not will be a factor of how crowded the server is and which mines other people are using. Mining in groups is still possible since the entrances wont be random so people can follow you in and end up in the same mine. Basically the door when you place it will link up to a particular mine and stay linked to that same mine.
    Hmmm, not sure how I feel about it not being randomized (or select-able). If I happen to link to a mine that other active miners use regularly (and they are jerks), then I'm going to be dealing with them on a daily basis. Can I pull the mine from the overworld and replace it and hopefully link to a new server? Will we be able to see if the mines have other players in them like we currently can do on the overworld maps (with some success)?

Also, are there going to be mines in "New Eden" so that new players that can't afford their own personal overworld have a place to gather their materials? They weren't mentioned in your OP.

And thanks again for answering all the questions!
  • b3achy said:

b3achy said:

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about it not being randomized (or select-able). If I happen to link to a mine that other active miners use regularly (and they are jerks), then I'm going to be dealing with them on a daily basis. Can I pull the mine from the overworld and replace it and hopefully link to a new server? Will we be able to see if the mines have other players in them like we currently can do on the overworld maps (with some success)?

Also, are there going to be mines in "New Eden" so that new players that can't afford their own personal overworld have a place to gather their materials? They weren't mentioned in your OP.

I think it will be randomised everytime you enter it. And I almost garentee that there will be mines for everyone in New Eden or something.
  • b3achy said:

b3achy said:

I think it will be randomised everytime you enter it. And I almost garentee that there will be mines for everyone in New Eden or something.
    Did you read SirK's comment that I was responding to?

I'm not talking about if the mine layout is randomized, I'm asking if it's a static mine or would randomly connect to one of the x number of mines on the server. He specifically states that once your mine icon is linked to a mine on the server, it stays linked to that mine. Since there are going to be way less mines available on the server than there are players that have overworlds, that implies there are going to be multiple people that link to the same mine on the server. Which means you will typically see the same people in the mine you are linked to if everyone mines a lot. Might provide an opportunity to make new mining friends, but it may also provide the opportunity to have some players that aren't courtesy regularly being linked to the same mine as yours too.

Also he asked us to make comments about what he might have missed discussing in the OP. I would hope that there are mines in "New Eden" but he specifically doesn't mention that in his OP. So, how are new players going to find out about mines, if it is not planned to have some in "New Eden"? I'd hope they thought of something, but asking to verify. It's the little things like this that can trip up a roll out. Not hard to fix, but if you can think of most things up front, the roll out is much more successful.
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited November 2018
    b3achy said:

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

Did you read SirK's comment that I was responding to?

I'm not talking about if the mine layout is randomized, I'm asking if it's a static mine or would randomly connect to one of the x number of mines on the server. He specifically states that once your mine icon is linked to a mine on the server, it stays linked to that mine. Since there are going to be way less mines available on the server than there are players that have overworlds, that implies there are going to be multiple people that link to the same mine on the server. Which means you will typically see the same people in the mine you are linked to if everyone mines a lot. Might provide an opportunity to make new mining friends, but it may also provide the opportunity to have some players that aren't courtesy regularly being linked to the same mine as yours too.

Also he asked us to make comments about what he might have missed discussing in the OP. I would hope that there are mines in "New Eden" but he specifically doesn't mention that in his OP. So, how are new players going to find out about mines, if it is not planned to have some in "New Eden"? I'd hope they thought of something, but asking to verify. It's the little things like this that can trip up a roll out. Not hard to fix, but if you can think of most things up front, the roll out is much more successful.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I missed the "always connected to" part. That would be terrible. I'd rather I could choose a specific mine, so my friends are all on one specific. Perhaps we could come up with a list of names for these mines? Each kind of mine would need its own name, or whatever......... Ray xD

Maybe it could be a set of them (set of names), that have to do with CC. So some weird Cubic name that you can connect to when you place it.
  • ValyreenaValyreena Member
    edited November 2018
    Will there aso be a feature to be able to Remove a realm permanently, like Empty it like & turn it back to what it was when your first bought it? So like we can finally get rid of un-usused realms and make it not show up on the realm list we own?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I say when you jump into your mine a list of all possible mines to join show up with the amount of people of them.
  • U said:

I say when you jump into your mine a list of all possible mines to join show up with the amount of people of them.

+1
  • Alpha_StormAlpha_Storm Member
    edited November 2018
    Kewb, ill make life much more easier for you. I'll make a lobby and ill post it here. I'll put signs on my lobby of transportation since some people don't quite understand what's going to happen like me. But ill do a realm type of lobby thingy and when its done I'll inform you the realm and pic. Its just for an idea if you'd like then you can take or magpie my idea.
  • waiting! yay!
    edited November 2018
    Eagence said:

LateCom said:

and how much cubit some people make out of it...

i guess its inevitable then. some get fixed, new ones come, neverending cycle of bugs monetized by some...

I guess people who were selling magic berry bushes were selling them 45k+ once they were first introduced by grey coral king and one above all... And then now V was selling stacked dehydrated cubes 5k+. So? *Inserts cash register sound*
    I only sold mine because Kewberth said it wasn’t recommended, then wouldn’t say anything after I tagged him three times back with questions.

The other reason was because they wouldn’t make it illegal to own them.
  • Wild lands sound lit! Also this over world and customization is lit too!
    edited November 2018
    Eagence said:

U said:

Eagence said:

LateCom said:

and how much cubit some people make out of it...

i guess its inevitable then. some get fixed, new ones come, neverending cycle of bugs monetized by some...

I guess people who were selling magic berry bushes were selling them 45k+ once they were first introduced by grey coral king and one above all... And then now V was selling stacked dehydrated cubes 5k+. So? *Inserts cash register sound*
    I only sold mine because Kewberth said it wasn’t recommended, then wouldn’t say anything after I tagged him three times back with questions.

The other reason was because they wouldn’t make it illegal to own them.
    Calm down boy no one is blaming you for anything... There are many people to blame before you... And no it was totally legal... Besides we have a scapegoat called horus to blame...
    I know nobody is. I just wanted to mention again what lead up to me selling mine.
This discussion has been closed.