Overworlds - Big Cubic Changes

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Did the #WeWantPrivateMines From last year work?
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited November 2018
    Eagence said:

Sarco said:

Sorry if I've missed something but I don't see anything about the mines?

Basically there would be mine entrances on official worlds as there is now, but in personal worlds you would also be able to place mine entrances. These entrances would lead to a pre-determined number of active server mines of that type. So lets say the server is runnning 10 forest mines. Your forest mine doors, and the official ones would lead to one of those 10.

Ow perfect... This was exactly what I was wondering... * ehm ehm worried *...
    40 mines goes down to 10 mines... Downsizing amount of mines & size of game...
    Also a new rant door from private overworld sales... At least "Wildlands" may add color...
    Now since we give players a temporary free experience, the rest can be monetized effectively... Just as some wanted before... It sounds like an effective design Kewb...
    And JackFury may talk about EAgames' monetization while we slowly shift towards that side...

Did you thought about new search system for these overworlds?
    Will this mean lobbies will be removed? Will this cause lesser deep forest mines?
    Wİll bringing people together cause less or more drama?
    Will it actually be as good as you thought?
    Or will it be more like putting all pigs in same barn?

Form my view, for some reason this idea sounding more like downsizing game, more then an improvement... I guess our old servers no longer hold old large overworld with many mines... I guess its costly and we can't profit like old times. We don't have 1000+ players like in times of Knop... So we can bring people together, to make them look bigger.. Don't we? Isn't this works? :)
    I don't think the game will ever become like EA or it'll drive away the whole playerbase ;)
    And Kewb did say he's not 100% sure about these ideas, which is why he created this thread to ask us about our opinions on it.
    I'm not sure if it'll cause more drama but I doubt it. This would give us more freedom for what to build and do :)

I love these ideas, Kewb! It's about time we got an Overworld revamp. I love it now but it's not really efficient and feels too large and vast, like you said. I've never cared much for lobbies, but they've become worse now because so many people use them to advertise their stuff and that's the first thing new players see.
    So let me get this straight: you want to have an Overworld where every player can only place 1 doorway, and their doorway leads to their own little world with all their realms? It sounds interesting and kinda cool.
  • I get that this is alright and amazing wow man, but I dont think we really 'need' it or 'it improves the cc experience.' Other more important things like clans and hugs should be fixed before making something new. Sorry that's all I'm saying.

I get that this is alright and amazing wow man, but I dont think we really 'need' it or 'it improves the cc experience.' Other more important things like clans and hugs should be fixed before making something new. Sorry that's all I'm saying.

Bugs are fine. Cosmic does them. Keep in mind this is meant to keep new players around, not as much to help us.
  • JackFury said:

Eagence said:

Sarco said:

Sorry if I've missed something but I don't see anything about the mines?

Basically there would be mine entrances on official worlds as there is now, but in personal worlds you would also be able to place mine entrances. These entrances would lead to a pre-determined number of active server mines of that type. So lets say the server is runnning 10 forest mines. Your forest mine doors, and the official ones would lead to one of those 10.

Ow perfect... This was exactly what I was wondering... * ehm ehm worried *...
    40 mines goes down to 10 mines... Downsizing amount of mines & size of game...
    Also a new rant door from private overworld sales... At least "Wildlands" may add color...
    Now since we give players a temporary free experience, the rest can be monetized effectively... Just as some wanted before... It sounds like an effective design Kewb...
    And JackFury may talk about EAgames' monetization while we slowly shift towards that side...

Did you thought about new search system for these overworlds?
    Will this mean lobbies will be removed? Will this cause lesser deep forest mines?
    Wİll bringing people together cause less or more drama?
    Will it actually be as good as you thought?
    Or will it be more like putting all pigs in same barn?

Form my view, for some reason this idea sounding more like downsizing game, more then an improvement... I guess our old servers no longer hold old large overworld with many mines... I guess its costly and we can't profit like old times. We don't have 1000+ players like in times of Knop... So we can bring people together, to make them look bigger.. Don't we? Isn't this works? :)
    I don't think the game will ever become like EA or it'll drive away the whole playerbase ;)
    And Kewb did say he's not 100% sure about these ideas, which is why he created this thread to ask us about our opinions on it.
    I'm not sure if it'll cause more drama but I doubt it. This would give us more freedom for what to build and do :)

I love these ideas, Kewb! It's about time we got an Overworld revamp. I love it now but it's not really efficient and feels too large and vast, like you said. I've never cared much for lobbies, but they've become worse now because so many people use them to advertise their stuff and that's the first thing new players see.
    So let me get this straight: you want to have an Overworld where every player can only place 1 doorway, and their doorway leads to their own little world with all their realms? It sounds interesting and kinda cool.
    Perhaps this will become another "friends/clans update".

http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/21850/for-future-development-friends-and-clans/p1

At least this time he came with a plan :D
    PROMISINGGGG
  • i am optimistically looking forward to this. heh
  • This sounds really great :D
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Answering questions from many posts...

>Can realms be in more than one personal overworld? (or if they can only be officially in one personal overworld, can we get a realm link to place in our personal overworld like the current door link, to be able to jump to that realm from our personal
    >overworld)

Right now I'm thinking not. Ie.. you place your deed and it stays there. Similar to current overworlds.

>Can personal overworlds be within other overworlds or can only realms be on an overworld? I guess the real question is - Is there a way to link overworlds to each other (or group them together)? So if my friend has a personal overworld of their
    >various realms and I have a personal overworld of my realms, can we link our personal overworlds to create a street/neighborhood within the Cubic Castles overworld village?

Not in the current design but providing some kind of link like this may be a good idea.

>Can we get more than one personal overworld per person? Like maybe I want a showcase overworld (or multiples with different themes if I have a lot of builds), a "neighborhood overworld" for me and my friends, and a clan overworld.

Yes.

>When we leave our realm, do we end up in "New Eden" or our personal overworld if we have one? Or do we get an option on where to exit if our realm is placed in a personal overworld?

One of the problems with lobbies/overworlds now is this confusion about where you went in and where you left etc.. My goal is that you will always come out where you entered. So if you entered your realm via your overworld you'd pop back out there.

>Where does one find the list of personal overworlds if there is no lobby?

New interface.

>How does one jump from overworld to overworld? When one jumps into an overworld, where do they land?

A list of overworlds. Landing will be determined by the overworld creator but basically there will be special blocks to say "people can land here"

>Will the personal overworlds allow the player to place all the mines or just a subset of them? Can there be duplicate types of mines in one personal overworld (for especially large groups like clans)?

All mines and as many, but they will not be poersonal mines. They will be mine doors. The number of actual mines linked to will be determined by server.

>Will overworlds have different sizes? Can they start small and grow as needed?

Not 100% sure on this. They will either be 99x99 by default or I'll add a medium one. If you had a large one though you could place ocean and just make your "continent" small and grow it as needed.

>Would be nice to have a few more officially grouped overworlds/realms.

Haven't considered this except in terms maybe of some tags for searching the worlds.

Level won't be used to limit who can create a world.

Mines won't be private as I explained they will be doors to however many mines the server is running. The number of mines will be determined by the server.

>I get that this is alright and amazing wow man, but I dont think we really 'need' it or 'it improves the cc experience.'
    >Other more important things like clans and hugs should be fixed before making something new. Sorry that's all I'm saying.

In a way I consider the broken game navigation as a major bug. The overworlds have had bugs and problems for a long time. So this IS a fix in my mind.
    As well, this is going to be the last major change for a long while, and after this there will be a switch to focus on polishing what exists for current players. The current game navigation state
    is just too big a problem with the game (in my mind) to leave to later.

>Perhaps this will become another "friends/clans update".

That thread asked players what they wanted for "future development" I did NOT say I was working on it already. I was asking for suggestions of how to improve it. People always say improve clans improve clans.. so I wanted to see specifically what people wanted. Now I have that thread to refer to when I work on them. So it has NOT been forgotten. It was always on the list of things to do AFTER the overworld/navigation fixes. I appreciate that Cubic has a ton of areas that need attention. If I could fix them ALL before the end of the year I would, but sadly it's not possible. It's just too much work.

• Thanks for all the answers!

Of course that leads to a few more questions... ;)

Since there will be a new interface for the list of the overworlds, will we still have a way to find our friends realms too (especially for those that don't get placed on a personal overworld)? Will it be the same interface or two different interfaces?

If we place our realm on a personal overworld, will our realm still have an entrance on the "New Eden" like in the lobbies?

Will there be a way for multiple players to chip in to own a personal overworld (for groups of people like clans, etc to share the cost and ownership)? Will there be settings for the overworlds like in realms to give people rights to the overworld?
  • I know many of us want improvements on friends and clans but I am fine with this update. It is something that is really needed and I feel like it could help the building side of the game a lot. Right now player creations are fractured and it makes it hard to see/explore builds. I love that this is being done and I feel like it is going to make the game 10x better. If there is a world crafting system where we can custom build our worlds I will be over the moon which it kind of sounds like when he said fill it with ocean.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Settings will be the same as realm settings. So yes you could trust people in your overworld to edit it.

There will be some search features.. we may move the search block to somewhere new. That's still be finalized.

Chipping in would have to be arranged between players.

• Kinda i Dont Understand but i feel and Sounds good
    edited November 2018
    If I’m understanding this correctly you can build in your overworld? Or am I missing something.

Also, if you where to give a friend permission in it can they place their realms? I would personally like to see massive overworlds with friend groups.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    @Sarco please fix your comment
  • These changes are really spectacular! i am quite looking forward for these and has my support on it! But since we’re also talking about Realms n stuffs, is it possible if,
    To change a Room into a realm & To expand The sizes of realms & rooms
    Because alot of people i know quite. are waiting for it & it would also be a good addition. and a great time to bring it up now
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited November 2018
    valyreena said:

These changes are really spectacular! i am quite looking forward for these and has my support on it! But since we’re also talking about Realms n stuffs, is it possible if,
    Because alot of people i know quite. are waiting for it & it would also be a good addition. and a great time to bring it up now

omg we totally need this o.o
    U said:

If I’m understanding this correctly you can build in your overworld? Or am I missing something.

You can build but with certain technical restrictions. It's not a free for all build like a regular realm. Partly this is because since it's zoomed out and a lot more blocks have to be displayed, the complexity of the building possibilities has to be reduced. Another reason it's different is it will have special overworld only blocks to restrict that but also because certain special blocks will be needed to create overworlds. For instance you'll get to place a realm location, which is something you couldn't do on a regular build. And then place a deed at that location and apply a realm stamp etc...

edited November 2018
    valyreena said:

These changes are really spectacular! i am quite looking forward for these and has my support on it! But since we’re also talking about Realms n stuffs, is it possible if,

Yeah I'm not sure how difficult this would be. But I think if it's not too hard it might be possible to make a special stamp that you apply to a room to turn it into a realm. I'll have to investigate this. Resizing might be pretty hard though. I don't really object to this technically. And yes yes I'm multiposting, but ok .. the admin answering a bunch of questions is a good rule exception! It's clearer for people to find their answers this way.

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

valyreena said:

Yeah I'm not sure how difficult this would be. But I think if it's not too hard it might be possible to make a special stamp that you apply to a room to turn it into a realm. I'll have to investigate this. Resizing might be pretty hard though. I don't really object to this technically. And yes yes I'm multiposting, but ok .. the admin answering a bunch of questions is a good rule exception! It's clearer for people to find their answers this way.

Hehe already thinking forward are ya xD

Also, if we arent going to have lobbies anymore, how are we going to find realms even then? Because the lobby bumper was finally made so that you can easily find realms and such but if this comes arent we first searching overworlds and then we will have to locate the right realm in that?
  • I wouldnt like much energy to be spent on changing room size if it is difficult but being able to change rooms to realms would be most glorious!
  • koekenbakkoekenbak Member
    edited November 2018
    I m not against the removal of lobbies. But take into account that they are the first place newbies meet others too learn the game.I believe New Players will still need a central place too meet.It would be bad if they get scattered all over the overworlds.Just my thoughts
  • Omg I'm so sorry Kew! I was only kidding, as the clan update means a lot to me. It IS good to know that this is trying to come out before the end of year though :O
  • this update look amazing.. event though i don't understand how its work
  • When will the update come out?
  • Remove Lobbies...

1.) Make The Overworld a Lobby form that have Center Island for Search Bumper(for realms) and Cc Official Realms Deed (with better concept)
    2.)6 Islands around center island
    Contains:
    - Wildlands Overworld Island
    - your 1st Personal Overworld (like the hearted door link on the lobby that give u way on your first realm
    - Overworld island that contain Search Bumper (Different Player's Overworld)
    - Clan Overworld island (all Clans can plant a 1 Official Clan realm on it to have better clan community)
    - Overworld island that Contain deed for
    - Cubic Castle Community Village
    - 5 Popular Player's Overworld (putted in 1 island that called Popularity island)
    When u have 5+ player on ur overworld ur overworld will put here like the popular realms on search bumper of old lobby
    3.) Its better to see many people outside/overworld
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    As the owner of almost 30 realms I am looking forward to this change, I would love to put all my horror realms into it's own overworld! I wonder if there will be a limit to how many realms we can place within them, I assume as many as would fit?
  • I'd love to be able to see all the realms that some people have! For realms like Coral Cove, I wouldn't have found it if @-GreyCoralKing- didn't flaunt about it ;) (only kidding). So if you only need the name of their overworld, that would be fantastic.
  • Well, nobody likes changes, but uh? Nothing ever lasts forever and changes are part of oyr lives, even if it's a game ! So, i really believe in you & count on you ! I think you got that, good luck with work !!
  • lucaaa795 said:

@Sarco please fix your comment

?
  • Interesting, sounds like this idea will make stuff more organized and realm navigation would be easier

Just make sure there’s still the same number of mines and i’ll be fine with it
This discussion has been closed.