Overworlds - Big Cubic Changes

Comments

• JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited November 2018
    I actually like the sound of this a lot.

Will we get cave mines? Or still they way the are now. It would be nice if cave stuff was less rare... Nobody ever uses it.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited November 2018
    Eagence said:

Ow perfect... This was exactly what I was wondering... * ehm ehm worried *...
    40 mines goes down to 10 mines... Downsizing amount of mines & size of game...
    Also a new rant door from private overworld sales... At least "Wildlands" may add color...
    Now since we give players a temporary free experience, the rest can be monetized effectively... Just as some wanted before... It sounds like an effective design Kewb...
    And JackFury may talk about EAgames' monetization while we slowly shift towards that side...

Did you thought about new search system for these overworlds?
    Will this mean lobbies will be removed? Will this cause lesser deep forest mines?
    Wİll bringing people together cause less or more drama?
    Will it actually be as good as you thought?
    Or will it be more like putting all pigs in same barn?

Form my view, for some reason this idea sounding more like downsizing game, more then an improvement... I guess our old servers no longer hold old large overworld with many mines... I guess its costly and we can't profit like old times. We don't have 1000+ players like in times of Knop... So we can bring people together, to make them look bigger.. Don't we? Isn't this works? :)

No I don't think this would make the game smaller. The number 10 was just an example number. I don't know how many the server currently allows.

As far as it being a money maker... I guess overworlds will cost some because I don't think it's something everyone should do. I don't really want a server full of empty personal worlds, so I wouldn't really encourage everyone to buy a world unless they really had a lot of realms to plant or it was for a clan or something like that. There will probably some elements to the way listings work to discourage waste of this kind. These ideas are more about clearing up the game interface and making it less confusing and more cohesive.

I did think about search features yes. That is still being worked on. One of the big problems with any game where you have player creations, even if its just level designs or anything really, is somehow effectively sharing the best stuff with other players. But that's really a separate problem and will probably require more work after this update is in place.

Lobbies would go away yes.

Deep forests would get their own entrances and not be randomly generated from regular forest entrances.

Will it be good? Will it break everything? I don't know.. but that's partly why I'm putting these details out while it's still being worked on. So you guys who are in some ways even more familiar with the game than I am (from a player instead of developer perspective) can ask these questions and let me make corrections/changes before release so it has the best shot possible of being a positive change.

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

I actually like the sound of this a lot.

Will we get cave mines? Or still they way the are now. It would be nice if cave stuff was less rare... Nobody ever uses it.

I think the caves will stay the way they are.. at least for now.
  • Maybe to discourage people to do this, is to say "you need 10 realms to make a world"
  • You have to make separate forest mines with deep forest mines! And caves :v
  • So there will be a new deep forest mine entrance?
  • Sounds a kewl update
  • haven't read it but i'm on board.
  • Eagence said:

Maybe to discourage people to do this, is to say "you need 10 realms to make a world"

-Epic- said:

So there will be a new deep forest mine entrance?

Deep forests would get their own entrances and not be randomly generated from regular forest entrances.

In case sentence is too complex for you...

Deep forests will get their own entrance(s).
    Deep forests will not be randomly generated.
    Deep forests will not have their entrance(s) from regular forest entrance(s).
    Lol I didint see...
  • Hoph said:

haven't read it but i'm on board.

11/10
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited November 2018

Maybe to discourage people to do this, is to say "you need 10 realms to make a world"

I'd rather it be a 'level' thing than a number of realms thing if they need to put a restriction on it. I'm level 60, but I only have 2 realms (and probably 5 rooms); however, I'd potentially like to place an overworld of me and my friend's realms. No official clan per se, but more of a 'neighborhood'. I think it needs to be a player longevity requirement rather than a builder extraordinaire requirement. I agree though, I don't really want to see a bunch of new players trying out the game that may not stay a week getting a bunch of overworlds.

------

This update sounds very interesting...as I've been trying to figure out how to build a small community with my friends, like I've had in other games like Faunasphere or Glitch. Ergo my neighborhood comment above.

As an analyst, of course I have a lot of questions...

Can realms be in more than one personal overworld? (or if they can only be officially in one personal overworld, can we get a realm link to place in our personal overworld like the current door link, to be able to jump to that realm from our personal overworld)

Can personal overworlds be within other overworlds or can only realms be on an overworld? I guess the real question is - Is there a way to link overworlds to each other (or group them together)? So if my friend has a personal overworld of their various realms and I have a personal overworld of my realms, can we link our personal overworlds to create a street/neighborhood within the Cubic Castles overworld village?

Can we get more than one personal overworld per person? Like maybe I want a showcase overworld (or multiples with different themes if I have a lot of builds), a "neighborhood overworld" for me and my friends, and a clan overworld.

When we leave our realm, do we end up in "New Eden" or our personal overworld if we have one? Or do we get an option on where to exit if our realm is placed in a personal overworld?

Where does one find the list of personal overworlds if there is no lobby?

How does one jump from overworld to overworld? When one jumps into an overworld, where do they land?

Will the personal overworlds allow the player to place all the mines or just a subset of them? Can there be duplicate types of mines in one personal overworld (for especially large groups like clans)?

Will overworlds have different sizes? Can they start small and grow as needed?

Would be nice to have a few more officially grouped overworlds/realms. Would love it if all the clan overworlds were grouped into a single overworld (and that way players without clans could explore all the active clans, and know what they are), a shopping overworld where any realm tagged as shopping would appear (potentially randomly placed), PvP overworld, etc. Or maybe instead of using the tags, people would have to apply to have their realms included in the overworld (so that people that tagged their realms with everything don't show up needlessly in the officially grouped overworld when the realm isn't really of that category).

Sorry this is so long, but you have my mind racing as to the possibilities! Thanks for the continued development and constant improvements to the game.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited November 2018
    b3achy said:

I'd rather it be a 'level' thing than a number of realms thing if they need to put a restriction on it. I'm level 60, but I only have 2 realms (and probably 5 rooms); however, I'd potentially like to place an overworld of me and my friend's realms. No official clan per se, but more of a 'neighborhood'. I think it needs to be a player longevity requirement rather than a builder extraordinaire requirement. I agree though, I don't really want to see a bunch of new players trying out the game that may not stay a week getting a bunch of overworlds.

------

This update sounds very interesting...as I've been trying to figure out how to build a small community with my friends, like I've had in other games like Faunasphere or Glitch. Ergo my neighborhood comment above.

Can realms be in more than one personal overworld? (or if they can only be officially in one personal overworld, can we get a realm link to place in our personal overworld like the current door link, to be able to jump to that realm from our personal overworld)

Can personal overworlds be within other overworlds or can only realms be on an overworld? I guess the real question is - Is there a way to link overworlds to each other (or group them together)? So if my friend has a personal overworld of their various realms and I have a personal overworld of my realms, can we link our personal overworlds to create a street/neighborhood within the Cubic Castles overworld village?

Can we get more than one personal overworld per person? Like maybe I want a showcase overworld (or multiples with different themes if I have a lot of builds), a "neighborhood overworld" for me and my friends, and a clan overworld.

When we leave our realm, do we end up in "New Eden" or our personal overworld if we have one? Or do we get an option on where to exit if our realm is placed in a personal overworld?

How does one jump from overworld to overworld? When one jumps into an overworld, where do they land?

Will the personal overworlds allow the player to place all the mines or just a subset of them? Can there be duplicate types of mines in one personal overworld (for especially large groups like clans)?

Would be nice to have a few more officially grouped overworlds/realms. Would love it if all the clan overworlds were grouped into a single overworld (and that way players without clans could explore all the active clans, and know what they are), a shopping overworld where any realm tagged as shopping would appear (potentially randomly placed), PvP overworld, etc. Or maybe instead of using the tags, people would have to apply to have their realms included in the overworld (so that people that tagged their realms with everything don't show up needlessly in the officially grouped overworld when the realm isn't really of that category).

Sorry this is so long, but you have my mind racing as to the possibilities! Thanks for the continued development and constant improvements to the game.

Maybe level 50+
  • SarcoSarco Member
    edited November 2018

b3achy said:

------

Maybe level 50+
    Might as well make it paid DLC :/
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited November 2018
    I was thinking may be more like level 25+, as I know some players that have been playing for years but are more social so they are only level 30-40. But it would be up to the devs how to best implement so it doesn't get out of hand.

ETA: don't know why the formatting has gone all wonky on this comment...you can remove my comment if necessary...as I removed all formatting and it's still wonky.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited November 2018

b3achy said:

------

Maybe level 50+
    Please fix the comment.
    Make the spoiler to cover the entire quoted content.
  • Wait does this mean... Less realms for everyone.. That's just depressing for me because I was planning to do a build realm thingy. :(
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Thanks for considering my quest suggestions >:D
  •  SirGalaxon SirGalaxon Member
    edited November 2018

Maybe level 50+
    Definitely not!!! That’s outrageous, lvl isn’t the only indicator of sticking with the game, if it’s gonna be lvl based, make it like 25+ or something, or just make it based on how long you've played, maybe a year or something, or just make the realm a bit smaller, if someone really wants to use the personal overworld, they'll do what they have to
  • Ok lol maybe 50 is too high...
    25+ seems fine to me, but it's up to the admins.
  • I think I messed up the script of the page... Sorry guys XD
  • Ok lol maybe 50 is too high...
    25+ seems fine to me, but it's up to the admins.

Of course it is, you need to put yourself in the shoes of others, or your suggestions won't be the best, no offense
  • I don't think there is anything wrong with buying ones own world especially if we get to customize it! I am fine with a price around 25k. That would be a miracle if we could place mines in our own desired fashion :O:! I could hop from mine to mine without having to scroll...scroll...scroll the map. I just want to go to sleep until this update comes out. Please wake me up when this update is launched. K thanks bye.
  • So would Wildlands disappear? I'm not sure where thole "temporary" part comes in.

Also, Kew is MULTIPOSTING O.O

I think that a lvl other than money is key for this, as it has to do with realms and mines, which means major building, which means XP. So yeah, if you get my drift. In order to have housing of realms, you need to have them, and they will be built. Otherwise, richer people can just buy many of them, and max out servers (obviously this would take time), rather than all the time it takes to get to a higher level. That being said, the amount you can buy should be limited, like the farm pack. 2 maybe? One personal, and one for if you want a clan or whatever.
  • Don't you mind fixing your comment @SilverDash ?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Silver fixed it.. now everybody that has quoted silver has to fix it..
  • ALRIGHT, IM SORRY XDD
  • I am the one who sat on the thread and broke it, I take the blame.
  • I am the one who sat on the thread and broke it, I take the blame.

Lol you did nothing.
  • I am really happy to see the positive vibes coming from this thread and the excitement for the change. As of current the lobby and the overworld are in need of an upgrade, it is great to see that it is going to get an overhaul. I am bubbling with questions but I know they will be answered when the change comes. Questions like how will realm stamps work, more details on building our own worlds and the like. I get that it is still in gestation though ^_^!
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    I'm excited for the possiblity to have my own mine entrance.
    It will be a special portal to each type of mine in cubit store?
  • This discussion has been closed.