comma in vend/register prices?

TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
edited November 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
Would be nice if commas in vend and register prices were added. It's a bit hard and risky to sell/buy when you're dealing in high numbers, especially millions (for rams etc) and things like that.

Comments

• true preferred comma too
    +1
  • Just count the zeroes!!
    Lol this would be a good edition though.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Vends can’t be set over 100,000c. So, you can’t sell rams.

+1 Though
  • Nobody likes semi colons? I've gotten use to using them while typing JavaScript. ;
  • I think the - would be the most...visible?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I would love this at every type of cubits thing
  • +1 to commas
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    i can already see the confusion all over the place.
    "But the price was set to 100 cubits?" - reads 100,000c as 100c

Not sure adding a , or . will make it more clear or would make people think it is a smaller number then what it really is.
  • scorto7 said:

Not sure adding a , or . will make it more clear or would make people think it is a smaller number then what it really is.

Maybe add a k or c at the end of the price, like 100c or 1,000k. In your example, 100,000 k.

scorto7 said:

Maybe add a k or c at the end of the price, like 100c or 1,000k. In your example, 100,000 k.

100,000k is 100 million?
  • ^ XD
    She just got mixed up lol.
  • ^ XD
    She just got mixed up lol.

Whoops lool
    But you know what I mean :P
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited November 2018
    Sadly, a comma isn't a standard way to write numbers in all countries to delineate thousands, millions, billions, etc. Some countries use periods instead of the comma.

European et. al.: 10.000,00 = British/American et al.: 10,000.00

And apparently other countries don't delineate large numbers the same way (there are some South Asian/Indian systems that write their large numbers differently than the western systems:
    • 1 lakh is written as 1,00,000 and is equivalent to the Western 100,000. Note that there are only two zeros between the first and second commas.
    • 10 lakh is written as 10,00,000 and is equivalent to the Western 1,000,000 (one million).
    So, probably writing the numbers without commas (or periods) is easiest since this is an international game.
  • b3achy said:

Sadly, a comma isn't a standard way to write numbers in all countries to delineate thousands, millions, billions, etc. Some countries use periods instead of the comma.

European et. al.: 10.000,00 = British/American et al.: 10,000.00

And apparently other countries don't delineate large numbers the same way (there are some South Asian/Indian systems that write their large numbers differently than the western systems:

• 1 lakh is written as 1,00,000 and is equivalent to the Western 100,000. Note that there are only two zeros between the first and second commas.
    • 10 lakh is written as 10,00,000 and is equivalent to the Western 1,000,000 (one million).
    So, probably writing the numbers without commas (or periods) is easiest since this is an international game.
    Maybe you can select what style of pricing you want to use in the settings/tweak or somewhere ?

( bump )
  • wait what if 100 thousand cubit or 100 cubit or 1 million cubits xD words instead of commas or periods xD
  • make it like the sign and there will be just a check or x XD
    It would never go over one comma. You can’t put more then 100,000c in the vend.
  • U said:

It would never go over one comma. You can’t put more then 100,000c in the vend.

Registers too :P