Devs, what about the Learning Center?

*Joystick**Joystick* Member
edited November 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
We had a discussion a few months ago about the Learning Center not being up to date for new players. I think it is just a mess.

Here are my points :

► Some recipes aren't displayed including the lastest ones.

► The cakes, and all cooking recipes shouldn't be in the area where you can craft things with no tools. We have indeed an area for extracting / forging / sculpting.. and an empty space there to put these recipes. Would just seem more logical..

► The area for new players to discover a bit what kind of blocks compose each mine is missing a large amount of blocks as well, and they should be displayed on these tiny mine reconstitution.

► Also, the whole world is too messy and can easily confuse new players. Even if we, old / experienced players, are used to it, I don't think it would be that clear for newbies. Areas are located next to each other, delimited by stone fences ._. Like, come on, every section, one room which you can expand with future adds..

In my opinion, the Learning Center needs a complete rebuild with all the changes.. These are only some of the issues I have in mind..

@SirKewberth @CosmicCow

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Yeah, it will probably never happen. They should get someone from the community to do it.
  • It would be a good idea to have a “New Update Recipes” section where we could have the new recipes after every update or a “Holiday Recipes” with recipes such as easter eggs, the 2017 jack-o-lantern, etc.
  • Too bad the one I was making with my sis was only a room. Perhaps a few of us could get together, and build one? Ofc, we could have one door that leads to a current project, or whatevah. I'm poor, but if we made one together, I'd be willing to help out with that. It wouldn't be an official realm (or maybe in future), but it would be helpful. If anyone wants to do that, hit me up.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited November 2018
    Main problem is that devs are affraid of people calling out for favoritism. Mods could do it yes! Not Space because he's too busy, and bored. Not Ed, Nolana because they're inactive. Gdog have implied himself into updating it, but nothing have been done (idk if devs didn't set perms or if he was lazy / busy to do it). So we have Angel and Momo. But I personnaly don't think they would make it :)
  • The recipe center has been a thorn in my butt soon after it was introduced and I agree with everything said. I get confused when using the recipe center and I have been using it constantly for over two years. I think a recipe center is important to have even if all the recipes are eventually added to the different benches. It is a great place to see and visualize available items.
  • If you don’t want favoritism just make it a secret role.
  • *cough cough* cc's main page *cough cough*
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited November 2018
    Eagence said:

*ehhem ehhem* not all users may access cc webpage while playing their game, consider mobile users... *ehhem ehhem*

*aheem* *aheeem* i am not exactly talking about the players or which place should be used if one doesn't work tho *aheeem* *aheeeem* both the website and learning center are pretty similar in its current state *wink* *wink* (aka both are in a terrible situation in being up to date)
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    It's just such a mess... I've been playing for years yet I still get lost and confused in that place, it's too big, too disordered, not to mention how out of date it is too. Plus if us long-time players who have been there countless times find it complicated to roam around there, I can only imagine how bad things are for new players. In fact, I was so frustrated with it that I made my own learning center and vowed to never ever go back to that nightmare inducing disaster.
  • When I switch to the cc recipe page it makes my game go all hay wire so I prefer a place to visually see it :D. I think a recipe center will always have value.
  • we don't need a learning center cuz we have a bot xD
  • We need to fix it, just appreciate other people that just want to help cc grow
  • we don't need a learning center cuz we have a bot xD

Not everyone have Discord and a large part of the players don't even know teher's a CC server on that platform. The Learning Center is a part of the official realms not to mention a part of CC's most useful realms. Removing the Learning Center would have no point at all..
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    There's a ton of work to do on official realms. I don't disagree that it needs work, but there's a lot of things that are being worked on. Right now the goal is...

- Continue retrofitting the crafting
    - Change in-game navigation (overworlds/lobbies)
    - Fix quest line / dailies / and early player quests for new players

Now part of the lobby/overworld changes will probably include doing some retrofitting of some of the official realms as well as adding some new ones etc.. It's a lot of work though and we're also tasked with bug fixing/packs etc...
  • There's a ton of work to do on official realms. I don't disagree that it needs work, but there's a lot of things that are being worked on. Right now the goal is...

Now part of the lobby/overworld changes will probably include doing some retrofitting of some of the official realms as well as adding some new ones etc.. It's a lot of work though and we're also tasked with bug fixing/packs etc...

We would still need a Learning Center anyway and that's not difficult to name someone in charge of doing it.. That would be stupid to be affraid of favoritism when you're on top of the game.. I'm not speaking that that player, if their ever be in charge of it, would be favoritised as it will be seen by everyone. I know a lot of players that help a lot and have full potential in many things. Btw, players are more active ingame than the staff so that won't be a waste of time at all.

Also,the fact of being redone by a / several player(s) would be more efficient in a way that they spend time into CC and know ways for people to understand things in the simplest ways. Also, as a realm rebuilt by some of the community itself, everyone could just suggest how to rearrange things to please the more players..

I guess the Tech & Expert workbenches weren't the priority compared to some things you announced a few months ago (such as clan & friends features). I guess, and that's my opinion, that you should review your priorities about Cubic castles.
  • Mr.Granicus.Mr.Granicus. Member
    edited November 2018
    Hmmm...Good Point

Do the Mainly Player's suggested
    Because you need to Maintain the old players too ,not just the new players coming
    @SirKewberth
  • There's a ton of work to do on official realms. I don't disagree that it needs work, but there's a lot of things that are being worked on. Right now the goal is...

We would still need a Learning Center anyway and that's not difficult to name someone in charge of doing it.. That would be stupid to be affraid of favoritism when you're on top of the game.. I'm not speaking that that player, if their ever be in charge of it, would be favoritised as it will be seen by everyone. I know a lot of players that help a lot and have full potential in many things. Btw, players are more active ingame than the staff so that won't be a waste of time at all.

Also,the fact of being redone by a / several player(s) would be more efficient in a way that they spend time into CC and know ways for people to understand things in the simplest ways. Also, as a realm rebuilt by some of the community itself, everyone could just suggest how to rearrange things to please the more players..

I guess the Tech & Expert workbenches weren't the priority compared to some things you announced a few months ago (such as clan & friends features). I guess, and that's my opinion, that you should review your priorities about Cubic castles.
    Grey, Grace, and I are making one at some point. Obviously it won't be official, but if you wanted some warp or whatever once it's done, that would be okay. We are working on a good name rn xD. We already have the realm.

Grey, Grace, and I are making one at some point. Obviously it won't be official, but if you wanted some warp or whatever once it's done, that would be okay. We are working on a good name rn xD. We already have the realm.
    Well some attempted too. MeHawk done one I believe, and it was pretty good but not that nice for newbies. Also, we're speaking about one being official, replacing completely the current one :)

But throw a warp at my house and I'll give it a tour ^^
  • What about the clan updates @SirKewberth

Well some attempted too. MeHawk done one I believe, and it was pretty good but not that nice for newbies. Also, we're speaking about one being official, replacing completely the current one :)

But throw a warp at my house and I'll give it a tour ^^
    I AM a newbie (jk, I'm not too bad), but I do understand the need for organization and easy access. I'm not sure all he plans yet, but it should be pretty good.

Shhhhh not too much at a time!

Shhhhh not too much at a time!
    Joy lol
  • MeHawkMeHawk Member
    edited November 2018
    I have a learning center which will be updated soon! anyone can use it to find the recipes.
    i have already added the cooking recipes too. some new recipes might be missing now, but soon they will all be updated.

Realm name: MeHawk's Crafts Learning Center

Feel free to use it :) . @everyone
  • So I guess it's a "not atm"
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Who needs the Learning Center? I have every crafting recipe memorized, don’t you?
  • I have other things to memorize than the recipe of a fridge.. Good for you that you remember all the recipes, however it seems pointless and not everybody is able to memorize all these..
  • U said:

Who needs the Learning Center? I have every crafting recipe memorized, don’t you?

Some of us are newer, and don't remember ALL of them.
  • Some of you can't sense light sarcasm XD
  • Ohhhhh. Welp, I thought it was just a cocky comment.