two digital art pics

TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
edited November 2018 in Art
What do you think of these two I drew? Accepting cristism :)

Also the TW is my signature :D

Comments

• It looks like they're from books for children ^^
  • Actually. ...I love this !! Looks very adorable and oddly familiar. .Body anatomy is pretty good, seems you understood how it works out !! I'm learning drawing dogs these days, but I'm not very successful ! ;Q Altough, this is a cat, right? ' - ';
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    They are nice ^^

Although since you accept constructive critisism... the first dog picture is nice but i think the dog is looking a bit too thin
  • It looks like they're from books for children ^^

I second that.
    Don't see this as negative, it's just how your style looks. Idk how I would describe it though
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited November 2018
    Thuggie said:

It looks like they're from books for children ^^

I second that.
    Don't see this as negative, it's just how your style looks. Idk how I would describe it though
    That's what I mean ^^ Not that it's childish, but that is exactly what we see in French's books for children.. They're still nicely drew :)
  • Yes, they are cats lol

Thank you for this guys!!

They are nice ^^

Although since you accept constructive critisism... the first dog picture is nice but i think the dog is looking a bit too thin

The cat is supposed to be a bit thin and scrawny :P
    fremy said:

Actually. ...I love this !! Looks very adorable and oddly familiar. .Body anatomy is pretty good, seems you understood how it works out !! I'm learning drawing dogs these days, but I'm not very successful ! ;Q Altough, this is a cat, right? ' - ';

Thank you!! Goodluck drawing dogs! I learned just by looking at 1 tutorial; I draw 3 circles (head, chest and rear) then connect lines and valaa!
    For the legs I just did 3 joints, shoulder, long bone and paw...These basic shapes really helped me - I hope this can help you too! :D

Thuggie said:

I second that.
    That's what I mean ^^ Not that it's childish, but that is exactly what we see in French's books for children.. They're still nicely drew :)

Thank yoouuu :D
  • Eagence said:

Pros:
    - Liked, cartoonish, childbook like, fulfilling its style
    - Like its posture in first picture...

Cons:
    - Not sure which animal it is if its one, a cat? a dog? a fox? or a wolf?
    It looks like a cat to me due to tail, it looks like a fox/dog due to his head, it looks like a dog due to his body and its color lead me to a wolf/cat so its kinda confusing...

- Nose of him/her in second picture look kinda wierd and planer and unfinished... A pointy nose with a black point on tip of the nose is best for a fox, or u may use a circular nose with a small pink point at tip for a cat, if thip is black it may be good for a dog.No idea about how it may look like for a wolf... (maybe I do give too much detail :P)

- (In both pictures, his body is too slim and looking under-fed unless it is wanted.
    Based on your choice it can be prefered for a cartoon figure, slightly lighter maybe but darker then current one...)

- (In my view second color in background of second picture is not required, its best to use one color and preferably the color in first picture...)

- (Tail in second pic is also not same color as it was in first picture...And there is no pink ears in first, just stick up to one way of illustartion, if you wanna use it as a character)

- (You may change color of bird, blue on blue is kinda disappearing, I suggest bright yellow and/or bright red or maybe bright green..)

If I over-critized sorry... It actually looks really good, but I have a cursed eye seeing any small details...

Thank you SO MUCH for this post!! I will definitely keep these in mind, and yes, it's a cat :P