Taking a Screenshot on Pc

I find it a bit of a hassle to take a screenshot since i don't play on full screen. So my suggestion is allowing players to take a screenshot even though they are not on full screen :V.

Comments

• Doesn't F12 work when you're not playing on fullscreen?
  • Doesn't F12 work when you're not playing on fullscreen?

It doesn't work when not on full screen
  • Then use the snipping tool?
  • Then use the snipping tool?

Yeah but its easier if i could just press F12 and automatically have it saved on steam
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Fraps
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited November 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

Fraps

Fraps closes CC most of the time if you launch it after launching CC. It occasionaly happen if it is lanched before as well
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

lucaaa795 said:

Fraps

Fraps closes CC most of the time if you launch it after launching CC. It occasionaly happen if it is lanched before as well
    You can tick a box to make it start whenever your pc starts. It works flawlessly
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Snipping tool or PrintScreen Button or Shadowplay
  • lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

Fraps

You can tick a box to make it start whenever your pc starts. It works flawlessly
    Nah it doesn't, and I already used that feature, but CC has already been closed that way
  • Print screen works well.
  • Yuiji said:

Print screen works well.

Print screen won't work for me
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Dizeh said:

Yuiji said:

Print screen works well.

Print screen won't work for me
    Try ALT+PrntScrn it'll do the active window. Then paste it into paint
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/copy-the-window-or-screen-contents-98c41969-51e5-45e1-be36-fb9381b32bb7

That works on all versions of windows.
    Again snipping tool is also on all versions of windows.
  • My keyboard doesn't have a print screen key :p
    I just use my recording software.
  • Just play steam and click F1 then :v im using it everytime i want to screenshot lol
  • Just play steam and click F1 then :v im using it everytime i want to screenshot lol

You didn't read what she said...
    Dizeh said:

Doesn't F12 work when you're not playing on fullscreen?

It doesn't work when not on full screen
  • edited November 2018

Just play steam and click F1 then :v im using it everytime i want to screenshot lol

Well its working for me even not full screen tho

How??
  • F12 works for me and I never play fullscreen. Check your Steam settings. Do you have the in-game overlay enabled?
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited November 2018
    JackFury said:

F12 works for me and I never play fullscreen. Check your Steam settings. Do you have the in-game overlay enabled?

F12 doesn't work for me for CC...it works for every other game I play, just not CC.

ETA: The nice thing about the F12 on steam is that it gives you the option to automatically/quickly upload the pictures on the game hub. Sure you can snip/printscreen, etc, and then upload, but it's a more manual/tedious process.
  • I use the tool Lightshot. It gives you the ability to take a screenshot from a certain part of your screen, add highlighting or drawings on it, save or copy the picture instantly. It's a must-have tool for me
  • Marshka said:

I use the tool Lightshot. It gives you the ability to take a screenshot from a certain part of your screen, add highlighting or drawings on it, save or copy the picture instantly. It's a must-have tool for me

Does it work via hotkeys? or must we have to open the software and do like the spinning tool?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Use mobile and push the power button and home button at the same time. Never fails. :D
  • Marshka said:

I use the tool Lightshot. It gives you the ability to take a screenshot from a certain part of your screen, add highlighting or drawings on it, save or copy the picture instantly. It's a must-have tool for me

Does it work via hotkeys? or must we have to open the software and do like the spinning tool?
    it works with a hotkey!
  • Dizeh said:

Just play steam and click F1 then :v im using it everytime i want to screenshot lol

How??
    idk i just use it tho, maybe becuz my computer can screenshot it even not fullscreen? while others cant? xD
  • > Are you on Windows 10?
    > Is Steam up-to-date?
    > Do you have the in-game overlay enabled?
    To check your screenshot shortcut key, click on Steam (top left corner of window) > Settings > In-Game.
    You'll see it there.
  • JackFury said:

> Are you on Windows 10?
    > Is Steam up-to-date?
    > Do you have the in-game overlay enabled?
    To check your screenshot shortcut key, click on Steam (top left corner of window) > Settings > In-Game.
    You'll see it there.

My Pc isn't windows 10 .-.
  • No need to have Windows 10.

Can now confirm that for CC, I have to be in full screen mode. Frustrating as I almost never play in full screen mode because I use other windows at the same time. Oh well, guess I'll just keep using the snip tool that comes with Windows.