Is This Scamming?

Mr. SkullMr. Skull Member
edited October 2018 in Help Requests
Is it Scamming by lying to someone about the price of something to get it cheap? I personally think it should be, because your giving them false information.
Wasn't sure where to put this so put it in help requests. You can move it if I'm wrong.

Comments

• A scam can be defined by "Stealing" something. Buying something for cheap or lying about a price isn't really scamming but really low for someone to do
  • A scam can be defined by "Stealing" something. Buying something for cheap or lying about a price isn't really scamming but really low for someone to do

I agree, someone bought PJS from me for 600c when I was a newer player. I miss them ´-´
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    This is how I look at it. If they have the item in the first place, they should know the price. Unless, they won a raffle of official event. So, it’s there fault if they bought it without knowing the price then sold it.

Although, my definition of scamming is making money unfairly. So to me it is a scam, because you’re using somebody else’s little knowledge of prices to make money unfairly.
  • Scam
    [skam]
    a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.
  • I mean i think it depends on the situation...imo theirs a line between cheap and just scamming.

Ex.1 Lets say a exe mask is worth 4k i buy it for 3k then i got it cheap.

Ex.2 The exe mask is still worth 4k and i buy it for 300c then in my mind thats scamming.
  • listen if you KNOW the actual price of the item and choose to lie about its price to get it then that's scamming. You're conning a person into selling a rare item to you for a price that it isnt even worth. you know its value but choose to sucker a person out of the item. therefore its technically scamming.
  • i just looked and it isn't in the rules but its being selfish and mean
  • maybe they just trolling or buy that item cheaper than the regular price lol
  • Its a scam. Or else I would have got a luxo for 5k but I didn’t
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    It is basically stealing indeed, but this kind of thing is called a ripoff not a scam
  • I agree. scamming is to trick someone or take their belongings in order to, well, have it. but when they lie to you the price, it's out of the devs control. people will always lie and that's always going to happen, you cant put rules to "stop lying." But you can put rules for "taking items that DONT belong to you."
  • It is basically stealing indeed, but this kind of thing is called a ripoff not a scam

Yea, it’s a dishonest, greedy thing to do and ripoff is the right word for it
  • IMO price gouging IS scamming. Take the case of a player selling the new craftable Expert Workbench that would cost about 5c and they are selling for 400c.

Greed is absolutely killing this game. Especially right after an update. They DO know better, they just don't care. Don't be in a huge rush to get all the new items cuz these ppl will scam you.
  • It's not but it's called being a scum. You should know better and tell them the actually price.
    Intimate said:

IMO price gouging IS scamming. Take the case of a player selling the new craftable Expert Workbench that would cost about 5c and they are selling for 400c.

Greed is absolutely killing this game. Especially right after an update. They DO know better, they just don't care. Don't be in a huge rush to get all the new items cuz these ppl will scam you.

Your example is different since there wasn’t a norm price for it yet.
  • U said:

Intimate said:

IMO price gouging IS scamming. Take the case of a player selling the new craftable Expert Workbench that would cost about 5c and they are selling for 400c.

Not true, it’s a craftable made of resources that are a little less than 5c

U said:

Intimate said:

Not true, it’s a craftable made of resources that are a little less than 5c
    But there wasn’t a normal price for it, so it’s not like they where selling it for more then the price, or buying it for less.
  • U said:

Intimate said:

There is no grey area here if the person states right in the holla saying "limited Item" and tries to sell a 5c item for 400c that IS scamming. He knew it was wrong before he did it and now that it has been accepted right in front of a Mod, he not only got away with it, he encouraged the next guy to do it.

Honesty & greed are like two dogs fighting each other. The one you feed is the one that wins. They are fighting over your soul, so you should care deeply which one wins.
    Intimate said:

U said:

Intimate said:

There is no grey area here if the person states right in the holla saying "limited Item" and tries to sell a 5c item for 400c that IS scamming. He knew it was wrong before he did it and now that it has been accepted right in front of a Mod, he not only got away with it, he encouraged the next guy to do it.

Honesty & greed are like two dogs fighting each other. The one you feed is the one that wins. They are fighting over your soul, so you should care deeply which one wins.
    You never said anything about them saying “limited item” in your first comment.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

listen if you KNOW the actual price of the item and choose to lie about its price to get it then that's scamming. You're conning a person into selling a rare item to you for a price that it isnt even worth. you know its value but choose to sucker a person out of the item. therefore its technically scamming.

I agree with this.