Art competition for old drawings! Top prize is a vend!

dealwithit37dealwithit37 Member
edited November 2018 in Player Events & Creations
So I need one 100% original, hand-drawn drawing from someone aged 13 or below; it's for my school group project where my team makes a children's magazine. Ideally, post an old drawing from when you were aged 13 or below. just state what age you were when you drew it.

The winner will get a vend! Deadline: It’s over

Rules:

- As mentioned, the drawing has to be 100% original. Use your imagination! No copying from other contestants, online sources and published sources

- Only entries from contestants age 13 and below will be considered since it's for a children's magazine after all

- Please state your nickname and age you drew it your entry with your drawing. Don't worry, no one will know who you actually are. This information is solely meant to credit the artist and nothing more! If you wish to have this information private, please private message me them

- Keep the picture kid-friendly, or your entry will not be considered. That means no horror, no blood or anything that is not G-rated. Monsters are allowed as long as they're not scary

- Contestants can post up to two entries

- Drawings on paper are encouraged more but digital ones are allowed too

- You can draw anything you want, as long as you follow the rules! Best of luck and have fun drawing!

- for safety reasons, please do NOT state your real current age on this post. You can say it’s an old drawing from years ago. Do not state your real name, you can put a fake name

Comments

• I'd be willing to draw something. But I'm a bit confused - what exactly would you like us to draw?
  • dealwithit37dealwithit37 Member
    edited November 2018
    *jupiter* said:

I'd be willing to draw something. But I'm a bit confused - what exactly would you like us to draw?

anything you want as long as it's G-rated and original, you'll also have to be aged 13 or below to enter @*jupiter*

Edit: You can also enter an old drawing from when you were aged 13 or below, just tell me what age you were when it was drawn
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm really uncomfortable with you attempting to call out/identify players who are underage. You may not mean to, but this makes them a target for pedophiles and predators when you identify them publicly. This is why there are COPPA laws in the US...to protect children under 13 while online.
  • *jupiter* said:

I'd be willing to draw something. But I'm a bit confused - what exactly would you like us to draw?

anything you want as long as it's G-rated and original, you'll also have to be aged 13 or below to enter @*jupiter*

Edit: You can also enter an old drawing from when you were aged 13 or below, just tell me what age you were when it was drawn

here, I'm not 13 atm but this drawing is when I was 13. you can see my name in the corner, I wouldn't like my name to be shown publicly. maybe my insta name but not my irl name
  • Well um is a pencil sketch fine?
  • Log_er said:

Well um is a pencil sketch fine?

Yep! @Log_er
    *jupiter* said:

*jupiter* said:

here, I'm not 13 atm but this drawing is when I was 13. you can see my name in the corner, I wouldn't like my name to be shown publicly. maybe my insta name but not my irl name
    Wow it’s really good!

Ahhh your insta name would be fine
  • b3achy said:

I'm really uncomfortable with you attempting to call out/identify players who are underage. You may not mean to, but this makes them a target for pedophiles and predators when you identify them publicly. This is why there are COPPA laws in the US...to protect children under 13 while online.

Shoot, I really did not mean to

I’ll change the entry requirements, yep
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    edited November 2018
    It's hard to capture blending on camera :p
    This was done with 4b, 2b, and hb pencils, along with medium charcoal pencils. Finished on 10 - 26 - 18

• Ahh all of my old drawing was gone bc my old laptop broke...
  • Log_er said:

It's hard to capture blending on camera :p
    This was done with 4b, 2b, and hb pencils, along with medium charcoal pencils. Finished on 10 - 26 - 18

That’s pretty cool :o
    *Snoopie* said:

Ahh all of my old drawing was gone bc my old laptop broke...

Ah... rip
  • SarcoSarco Member
    edited November 2018
    I drew this when I was 13

Even though the colour is digital? (Idk terminology) the actual drawing is hand drawn.

[edit just realised that some of the thing in there have been copy and pasted (Orthodox and MLG glasses).So here is my second oldest.. I was 13 when I drew it

• Am grandpa, can't son sorry xD
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Sarco said:

Even though the colour is digital? (Idk terminology) the actual drawing is hand drawn.

[edit just realised that some of the thing in there have been copy and pasted (Orthodox and MLG glasses).So here is my second oldest.. I was 13 when I drew it

You didn't draw the second one .-. its an image of iron filings and 2 magnets >_>
  • Rin ShirakuRin Shiraku Member
    edited November 2018
    Rinny rin rin~ is torteen~ , yep 13, (COUGH) I'm still playing at the playground for toddlers :'D (jk no I don't I keep myself locked in my room) I'm just re using some old art ;w; because I'm a lazy child

btw for some people who might not know I have two names I used there Rin for right now and YuariRinko for my old cc account , but use Rin for a nickname
  • Sarco said:

You didn't draw the second one .-. its an image of iron filings and 2 magnets >_>
    I knew someone would notice xD
  • Log_er said:

Well um is a pencil sketch fine?

Yep! @Log_er
    *jupiter* said:

*jupiter* said:

Wow it’s really good!

Ahhh your insta name would be fine
    k its simpledreamscrushed
  • Uuuh you're trying to get out age and you'll publish this into a magazine?
  • Thuggie said:

Uuuh you're trying to get out age and you'll publish this into a magazine?

It’s not a real magazine, it’s for pretend and only to prove that the teams deserves the grade. The only readers will be the creators and the teacher
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited November 2018
    Why does age even matter like you could take pictures from whoever you want and say that they're 13
    This thread does not make any sense to me.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Why does age even matter like you could take pictures from whoever you want and say that they're 13

+1

Thuggie said:

It’s not a real magazine, it’s for pretend and only to prove that the teams deserves the grade. The only readers will be the creators and the teacher
    I don't understand at all what you tried to say
  • dealwithit37dealwithit37 Member
    edited November 2018
    Thuggie said:

lucaaa795 said:

+1

Thuggie said:

I mean that the magazine won’t be for public viewing. Only a few people will see it
    lucaaa795 said:

First of all, it’s a journalism class so I have to be honest about my sources. I also need evidence to prove that my sources are valid, e.g. undoctored text messages. Secondly, it's for my school group project where my team makes a children's magazine; and in that magazine there’s a section where kids showcase their work.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

Thuggie said:

lucaaa795 said:

+1

Thuggie said:

I mean that the magazine won’t be for public viewing. Only a few people will see it
    lucaaa795 said:

First of all, it’s a journalism class so I have to be honest about my sources. I also need evidence to prove that my sources are valid, e.g. undoctored text messages. Secondly, it's for my school group project where my team makes a children's magazine; and in that magazine there’s a section where kids showcase their work.
    And you want to do your ""research"" on these forums.
    Bro, nobody will care if you show a picture of a qbee that has been drawn by a 25 years old man. It's just a class you must pass and a magazine that will be forgotten very soon.
    Use my idea:
    You ask for drawings from everyone. Then, you create a PM with the guy and he tells you that he is 12.You attach that as a source.
    Believe me, no teacher will care to check if some random user of this forum is actually under 13. As long as it's not wikipedia, everything is fine.
  • Hey. I just want to do a good job on my schoolwork, even if it’s for a minor part. As far as possible, i don’t want to cheat. I decided to ask for kid’s drawings on here because I know that kids play this game. I’m not asking for very much here.

@Professional Killer @scorto7 you can close this, i’m getting fed up. I don’t intend to continue this

The winner’s @Rin Shiraku , Rin, dm me your realm name so that I can drop the vend off please

Thanks to everyone who participated, I got the drawings I need
  • Hey. I just want to do a good job on my schoolwork, even if it’s for a minor part. As far as possible, i don’t want to cheat. I decided to ask for kid’s drawings on here because I know that kids play this game. I’m not asking for very much here.

@Professional Killer @scorto7 you can close this, i’m getting fed up. I don’t intend to continue this

The winner’s @Rin Shiraku , Rin, dm me your realm name so that I can drop the vend off please

I do not see anything wrong with your thread
    You should try too ignore negative comments tho
    Whatever you do or say some ppl just cannot refrain from giving negative comments.

Grtz , Koek
    P.s. no need too respond too this

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

Thuggie said:

lucaaa795 said:

+1

Thuggie said:

lucaaa795 said:

And you want to do your ""research"" on these forums.
    Bro, nobody will care if you show a picture of a qbee that has been drawn by a 25 years old man. It's just a class you must pass and a magazine that will be forgotten very soon.
    Use my idea:
    You ask for drawings from everyone. Then, you create a PM with the guy and he tells you that he is 12.You attach that as a source.
    Believe me, no teacher will care to check if some random user of this forum is actually under 13. As long as it's not wikipedia, everything is fine.
    wow... this guy is doing an honest work for school and you just bluntly tell him to cheat, lie and steal!. If they really wanted to do this they will figure it out on their own(i hope not) but the last thing you should teach someone else is how to do bad thing!!
    That's not cool man. :(

Ah I understand. What bothers me is that you set an age limit and wanted to verify it, so users needed to share a private information. I think asking if anyone had drawings from when they were kids would have been enough, without setting a strict limit and verifying entries.
  • Koekenbak said:

Hey. I just want to do a good job on my schoolwork, even if it’s for a minor part. As far as possible, i don’t want to cheat. I decided to ask for kid’s drawings on here because I know that kids play this game. I’m not asking for very much here.

I do not see anything wrong with your thread
    You should try too ignore negative comments tho
    Whatever you do or say some ppl just cannot refrain from giving negative comments.

Grtz , Koek
    P.s. no need too respond too this

Thanks man, it’s fine, I really got what I needed
  • Thuggie said:

Hey. I just want to do a good job on my schoolwork, even if it’s for a minor part. As far as possible, i don’t want to cheat. I decided to ask for kid’s drawings on here because I know that kids play this game. I’m not asking for very much here.

Ah I understand. What bothers me is that you set an age limit and wanted to verify it, so users needed to share a private information. I think asking if anyone had drawings from when they were kids would have been enough, without setting a strict limit and verifying entries.
    Yeah I guess I wasn’t the clearest. I was just trying to ask for pictures drawn when the artist was 12 or younger

I think I did some overthinking back there, welp