Colored Text; Yes or No ?

TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
edited November 2018 in Community
Are we allowed to do colored text? In the rules it says,

" Do not use any other text formatting or HTML other than listed in this thread: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/125/tips-and-tricks-for-text-editing "

But that thread is closed/ locked, with Cortana saying,
" Good news! We got an edit tab embed in the comment box, so this thread is no longer needed. Locking it. "

Of course that doesn't mean that thread is useless or no longer used; it just means the text coding we can use had been added to reply boxes.

But color text doesn't make a huge mess, as you can see from this example:

" First, Beta Cos and I have known each-other for years and we each have/had our own companies releasing games before Cosmic Cow. I've even done a little work on some of Beta's games. We came together to work on Cubic Castles as it was too much work for just a single developer. Around thanksgiving last year Beta wanted to work on another title and decided to take some time off and I transitioned into doing some of his usual tasks working on some of the artwork and packs, and Cosmic and I have been updating the game for some time now on our own. So Beta is still around and I speak with him every day, and he will help as needed, but in terms of Cubic development it has been this way for some time. So actually there are no internal development changes happening to the game right now. They really all happened last year. There are no plans to make major changes to Cubic development in terms of cutting back updates or anything like that. A lot of the work Beta did early for the game has been completed (the engine that runs the block display for instance) and a lot of the work that I did is also complete so we were able to transition into different jobs over time. "

(copied from http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12996/all-about-betamax#latest )

It even looks nicer bolded:
" First, Beta Cos and I have known each-other for years and we each have/had our own companies releasing games before Cosmic Cow. I've even done a little work on some of Beta's games. We came together to work on Cubic Castles as it was too much work for just a single developer. Around thanksgiving last year Beta wanted to work on another title and decided to take some time off and I transitioned into doing some of his usual tasks working on some of the artwork and packs, and Cosmic and I have been updating the game for some time now on our own. So Beta is still around and I speak with him every day, and he will help as needed, but in terms of Cubic development it has been this way for some time. So actually there are no internal development changes happening to the game right now. They really all happened last year. There are no plans to make major changes to Cubic development in terms of cutting back updates or anything like that. A lot of the work Beta did early for the game has been completed (the engine that runs the block display for instance) and a lot of the work that I did is also complete so we were able to transition into different jobs over time. "

Of course it can look a bit messy with bright colors; blue hurts my eyes, for one. Blue text is bright! But maybe we can only use so much of it in our posts, or only for important details or explanations that can be easily missed during threads or discussions.
Maybe we can only use certain colors provided / listed in a thread? Only easy-to-read colors.

Please tell me what you think, members and admins alike. :)

Comments

• *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited November 2018
    Used in a good way, it can be nice :)
    However, some may just use them to make a rainbow thread, which can hurt some eyes..

So idk, probably yes but has some flaws as well
  • It's ok.. It just seems a bit odd that we are only talking about this now lol
  • How do i use coloured text
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    It wasnt allowed on the old forums and horus didnt want it on these forums.
    That's why its not in the reply/comment options or text coding thread.
    That thread altho locked still stands. It didnt need to remain open as people can practice by editing instead of posting there.

It isn't needed.
    It does look messy.
    People would push the limits and just type in rainbow fonts.

• gdog said:

That thread altho locked still stands. It didnt need to remain open as people can practice by editing instead of posting there.

It isn't needed.
    It does look messy.

Ah I see...I'm guessing it couldn't get added along with a few rules?
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

gdog said:

It isn't needed.
    It does look messy.

Ah I see...I'm guessing it couldn't get added along with a few rules?
    It could. I just don't think it will.
  • How to do colour text?
This discussion has been closed.