Let The Community Vote For Building Contest And Events.

Take Screen Shots of the builds, Entry. Etc. Then post it on forums and then Poll for Each Contestants to get votes.

EZ and effective.

Comments

• lets not forget that votes may be biased upon players
  • Bonari said:

lets not forget that votes may be biased upon players

there are lots of players though and i'm afraid of alts voting too that's the real problem
  • I don't think players should be able to vote for these kinds of things.
    But I do think that there should be more than just one judge. Maybe Space could get some people that don't join these contests to judge with him?
  • I don't think players should be able to vote for these kinds of things.
    But I do think that there should be more than just one judge. Maybe Space could get some people that don't join these contests to judge with him?

i'm not hating or anything but i like how horus judge before.
  • I was told he sometimes asks other moderators on his discord if they want to judge with him
  • At least let some players chosen by Space, votes too.. We all know what can happen if only mods and admins vote :3
  • CrusifonCrusifon Member
    edited October 2018

At least let some players chosen by Space, votes too.. We all know what can happen if only mods and admins vote :3

These 'other players' would be completely biased and ruin the results. They'd give friends good scores and enemies bad scores..

• Crusifon said:

At least let some players chosen by Space, votes too.. We all know what can happen if only mods and admins vote :3

These 'other players' would be completely biased and ruin the results. They'd give friends good scores and enemies bad scores..

I know tons of players able to give an unbiased jugement over a creation contest.. If a 10 years-old player can't, maybe a 22 player can, and should be able to do that.
  • Crusifon said:

I know tons of players able to give an unbiased jugement over a creation contest.. If a 10 years-old player can't, maybe a 22 player can, and should be able to do that.
    I agree. Not all players are biased xD. Some players could even be mods if they had the time. *Cough Grace Jack Pixel Grey Cough*
  • That means they would have to make preparations for every event, and onlky of them would actually be put in place
  • Idk this is risky and people can be biased and ik some can not be biased but meh they won't change and i don't want it to change really seems like more trouble then good.
  • Crusifon said:

I agree. Not all players are biased xD. Some players could even be mods if they had the time. *Cough Grace Jack Pixel Grey Cough*
    xD
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Player voting is too bias. In previous non official contests players have bought votes. As for multiple judges we do in fact have multiple judges for our building contest which are a mixture of mods and devs.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited October 2018

Player voting is too bias. In previous non official contests players have bought votes. As for multiple judges we do in fact have multiple judges for our building contest which are a mixture of mods and devs.

It doesn't mean mods' votes can't be biased :P
  • CrusifonCrusifon Member
    edited October 2018

Are the realms being closed soon

Of course not but I would like to think you cant buy mods votes
  • Player voting is too bias. In previous non official contests players have bought votes. As for multiple judges we do in fact have multiple judges for our building contest which are a mixture of mods and devs.

I'd like to think that too XD
  • Player voting is too bias. In previous non official contests players have bought votes. As for multiple judges we do in fact have multiple judges for our building contest which are a mixture of mods and devs.

What if they get bribed with a million mushrooms...
  • Space has already explained why we can't do this, and it's pretty simple:
    1. Players can vote with alts
    2. Players who are more popular will win instead of those who have better builds
    3. Players can pay others to vote for them

It would become a popularity contest full of bribes and possibly even threats (e.g., if you vote for me I give you an item, if you vote for someone else I will not be your friend anymore.)
    Way too much drama and a rather inefficient system.
    Space isn't the only judge, anyways.
  • JackFury said:

Space has already explained why we can't do this, and it's pretty simple:
    1. Players can vote with alts
    2. Players who are more popular will win instead of those who have better builds
    3. Players can pay others to vote for them

It would become a popularity contest full of bribes and possibly even threats (e.g., if you vote for me I give you an item, if you vote for someone else I will not be your friend anymore.)
    Way too much drama and a rather inefficient system.
    Space isn't the only judge, anyways.

We already know that :)

I guess if you were given a chance to judge, you won't be biased. But that's not the case of everyone, even you, or mods..
  • I'd like to see more categories for the building contests, and some categories could have a 1st, 2nd, 3d place; whereas, others only get one winner (or all categories only have a single winner).

Maybe have something like: Judges' favorite (or split between Dev Favorite and a Mod Favorite), Players' Favorite, Best Tall Build (more than 50 blocks high), Best Medium Build (20-50 blocks high), Best Small Build (less than 20 blocks high), Best Build With Seasonal Pack Decorations, Best Pixel Build, Best Block Only Build, Best Story with Build...etc. The categories could change with each contest and even be silly - Spring builds could have the best use of bunnies, Halloween could have the scariest build, Christmas could have the best Christmas spirit.

I think having some categories would give players more options to shoot for during the building contests as they try to qualify for certain categories (and some categories need to be exclusive), and provides some guidelines to the builds rather than the current random choices and all or nothing by the judges.

I'd like to see a way for newer players to feel like they have a chance to win without having to purchase a ton of deco items, but doing a category based on player levels would probably have some people using their lower level alts to win. And some players may be new, but higher levels because they mine and build a lot.

I play another game where they allow one of the prizes to be chosen by the player community, but the other three are chosen by the devs. So, even if the player chosen category is biased or ends up being cheated in some way, there are still three other chances to win. BTW, in that game, the player favorite prize is less than the top three dev prizes.
    b3achy said:

I'd like to see more categories for the building contests, and some categories could have a 1st, 2nd, 3d place; whereas, others only get one winner (or all categories only have a single winner).

Maybe have something like: Judges' favorite (or split between Dev Favorite and a Mod Favorite), Players' Favorite, Best Tall Build (more than 50 blocks high), Best Medium Build (20-50 blocks high), Best Small Build (less than 20 blocks high), Best Build With Seasonal Pack Decorations, Best Pixel Build, Best Block Only Build, Best Story with Build...etc. The categories could change with each contest and even be silly - Spring builds could have the best use of bunnies, Halloween could have the scariest build, Christmas could have the best Christmas spirit.

I think having some categories would give players more options to shoot for during the building contests as they try to qualify for certain categories (and some categories need to be exclusive), and provides some guidelines to the builds rather than the current random choices and all or nothing by the judges.

I'd like to see a way for newer players to feel like they have a chance to win without having to purchase a ton of deco items, but doing a category based on player levels would probably have some people using their lower level alts to win. And some players may be new, but higher levels because they mine and build a lot.

I play another game where they allow one of the prizes to be chosen by the player community, but the other three are chosen by the devs. So, even if the player chosen category is biased or ends up being cheated in some way, there are still three other chances to win. BTW, in that game, the player favorite prize is less than the top three dev prizes.

I actually really like these ides, il think on it for the future. Levels cant be done tho aside from what you mentioned its way to hard to work out what the players levels are without checking every single name
  • koekenbakkoekenbak Member
    edited October 2018

Take Screen Shots of the builds, Entry. Etc. Then post it on forums and then Poll for Each Contestants to get votes.

EZ and effective.

It would just turn into a popularity contest!
    Popular players would win time after time
    New unknown builders wouldnt stand a chance if you let the community vote
    With all due respect i am sorry too say i despise this idea

Grtz , Koek

• WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited October 2018
    b3achy said:

I'd like to see more categories for the building contests, and some categories could have a 1st, 2nd, 3d place; whereas, others only get one winner (or all categories only have a single winner).

Love the idea of winners chosen by categories! It would even the playing field for the newer players and those that don't have as many cubits to spend on materials/decos. I hope Space tries something like this for the Christmas building event! I might even be tempted to join in on that one.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    I like it as it is.
    The actual team ot judges is made out of moderators and developers. It's good enough.