Click here if you play trumpet

Any tips on playing high and low notes better? I'm kinda new with trumpet.

Comments

• 'Sir.Fox''Sir.Fox' Member
    edited September 2018
    Im not a trumpet player... but I can play Saxophone, Clarinet, and piano. It just takes practice. start at a high/low note you can play then go one step up/down until you cant play them. Just do that over and over then after a while you can play those notes without starting lower/higher and going to it.

Also your emboucher matters. generaly it is tighter for higher notes, looser for lower.
  • This is some pro tips, so please take them with ALL of your salts and not just a grain ;)

Imagine you are a turtle. Make a turtle face. It will help you purse your lips properly for it. The less space inbetween your lips, the higher the pitch. There are also the key thingies on it :P
  • I play trombone not trumpet but yes the tighter ur lips the higher u play
  • Mr.Grim said:

I play trombone not trumpet but yes the tighter ur lips the higher u play

Yeah I've started to pick up on that. Sometimes it's hard to play an A and it comes out as an E :p
  • Rip trombone I luv just cuz it’s fun to play I luv the slide instead of the finger pressing notes and I luv slurring on it
  • Mr.Grim said:

Rip trombone I luv just cuz it’s fun to play I luv the slide instead of the finger pressing notes and I luv slurring on it

I thought it had the finger things xD
    Slurring isn't hard but tonguing is... I still don't understand how people do it so perfectly :/
  • Log_er said:

Mr.Grim said:

Rip trombone I luv just cuz it’s fun to play I luv the slide instead of the finger pressing notes and I luv slurring on it

I thought it had the finger things xD
    Slurring isn't hard but tonguing is... I still don't understand how people do it so perfectly :/
    Meh xD