Dude! Limit the time of playing Video Games.

2»

Comments

• Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Anywhere outside these forums, you could get in serious trouble for plagiarism. I hope you don't try this in school.
  • ok Graceful Thunder.
  • Always cite your sources and try to refrain from copying others work.
  • I will. Sorry
  • pious said:

im dont play games
    i not allowed

But you play cc though xD
    shhhh
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    p h a r a m o n d
    begon
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

gdog said:

Love how
    a, you stole every word you said from this article https://my.vanderbilt.edu/developmentalpsychologyblog/2014/04/effect-of-video-games-on-child-development/
    b. that you didn't link it.
    c, you only posted half the article that goes with you argument.

You should change your name to cubic fake news

Here's the positive you forgot to post :P

Benefits of Playing Video Games

Research has shown that playing video games can be beneficial for a number of cognitive functions and may also contain social benefits. The first and foremost thing one discovers in a game is that following directions is of the utmost importance. In order to progress in games, one must first learn to follow the guidelines, restrictions and components of them. As the player confronts new challenges, he must use problem-solving to find solutions. This is true for educational games, mind games, and RPGs alike. The player cannot get through with what they already have or know and must find new combinations and incorporate old skills with new skills to overcome obstacles such as the level or quest (Gee, 2003). In relation to this, the player can also learn strategy and anticipation, management of resources (simulation games), mapping, pattern recognition, how to judge the situation and practice reading (with directions, dialogue, etc.) and quantitative calculations (through educational games, managing finances, buying and selling for profit, etc. (Tumbokon, 2014).

Gamers also get used to multitasking. As games become more intricate, players must juggle different objectives while keeping track of all the changing elements and connecting ideas. Games also induce quick thinking. According to cognitive scientist Daphne Bavelier of the University of Rochester, results of a study found that people who play video games become more attuned to their environment and able to keep visual tabs on friends in crowds, able to navigate better and better at everyday things like driving and reading small print. Playing games also “significantly reduced reaction times without sacrificing accuracy” beyond the context of the games ( Bavelier et al., 2009) and into making correct real-world decisions. Because of this effect on perceptual reaction times, even the U.S. military uses warfare simulation games in training and claims its benefits (Vargas, 2006).

Video games also increase hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and spatial reasoning (Tumbokon, 2014). For example, in shooter games, the player keeps track of their position, direction, speed, aim, results and more. The brain processes all this information and then coordinates with the hands since all actions are done through the controller or keyboard. These skills can be applied to real world situations like surgical procedure (Florida Hospital, 2013).

Finally, gaming is stimulating, a learning experience and a social activity. The reason why people find it so enjoyable is that games are usually the right degree of challenging and the player takes an active role (unlike watching television) so there is an incentive to achieve (Gee, 2003). Let’s also not forget that many games, like “Rise of Nations” or “Age of Mythology” are educational and have a lot to offer in areas like science, politics, history and cultural studies and some games are practical, like pilot-training simulations. The gaming world is very popular. Thus, playing video games has become a social activity. In fact, nearly 60% of frequent gamers play with friends, 33% with siblings and 25% with a spouse or parents. Many games require cooperative play and logistics, comradeship and frequent interactions between team members.

this is r/quityourbull material XDDDD
    r/hmmm
  • JackFury said:

you have the besties pictures XDD
  • I have actually had a warning on cc that i was playing for to long around 2016 mabe early 2017.

looool
  • I am grateful to video games because they gave me a life I wouldn't have. They helped me meet people from across the world with different ideas and believes
  • You ignored Gdog's second point : You didn't take the part of the article that didn't suit your idea; which is also shady. We all know that video games, like literally everything else in life, shouldn't be done too much. Even reading could be a threat to our minds, for reference of what I'm talking about, the books "Madame De Bovary" or " El ingenioso hidalgo don Quixote de la Mancha" make a good exemple, about how it disturbs our reality and all.

My point is : We know, but, it also has a good side, like everything else.
  • So video games take part in you gaining weight?
    Sorry but Just Dance 2 made me burn some serious calories..
  • ok. ok ok
  • Ok guys stop roasting this poor dude XD
    He's just trying to make news articles for fun, and while he does need to include sources and not plagiarize, this is all in good fun. It's not like he's writing a serious and important paper :P
  • JackFury said:

Ok guys stop roasting this poor dude XD
    He's just trying to make news articles for fun, and while he does need to include sources and not plagiarize, this is all in good fun. It's not like he's writing a serious and important paper :P

It looks serious to him, he's trying to convince us, enough to hide the facts that support the other side he's on.
  • no u
    *uno reverse card*
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I think another point that only had the negatives brought up is the amount of violence in video games. I think there were several studies that found that the majority of people with mental disorders or illnesses correlated with violent behavior actually use video games as an outlet. According to those studies, the violence in video games helps prevent violence irl (at least on the basis of violence with mental illness as the cause).
  • plagiarising is not reporting