The New Event Is A Pile Steaming Of Dog Doo Doo

I love the concept of the event but it is awful and broken. First, they needed to fix the official realms to make them more easily accessible. There are so many fake realms, when you look up an official realm name there will be say eight and seven are fake with no way to tell which one it is without having to waste time visiting until you get the correct one. They need a little symbol to denote the official realms. Secondly you can't always pick up your candy and it will tell you that it was already given. It would be a great event except they have not made it streamlined, there are hurdles to be jumped and I don't appreciate it.

Comments

• Doors should spawn randomly in mines, but pretty rare, and get destroyed after giving a candy. Maybe in realms too. That's how I think it should be :) but I like it anyway :D
  • I agree Cora.
  • Grey how are you accessing the realms through the lobby? If so just go to the overworld there are no copies there and is very easy to access and i never lost any candies so i don't know about that.
  • Ghost hunting is better thsn this
  • Wow that is useful information Party! I never thought about that.
  • 'Party' said:

Grey how are you accessing the realms through the lobby? If so just go to the overworld there are no copies there and is very easy to access and i never lost any candies so i don't know about that.

Ye that’s what I do, since the other realms with the same names as the official ones are not in the overworld
  • I actually like the new event.
  • Mr. Shark said:

I actually like the new event.

Me too...not quite as fun as egg hunting, since the number of realms where the doors are is limited, but I enjoyed jumping from realm to realm with friends last night.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    'Party' said:

Grey how are you accessing the realms through the lobby? If so just go to the overworld there are no copies there and is very easy to access and i never lost any candies so i don't know about that.

Yeah but with that youll need to type the exact name or you cant find it though
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited October 2018

'Party' said:

Yeah but with that youll need to type the exact name or you cant find it though
    No you don’t. You just have to type the first few characters of the name and it will pop up.

Also, I have collected every door four times and haven’t lost any candy. I’m unsure what you’re doing wrong.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well don't forget the egg hunting went through many iterations and changed every year. It's a little hard to predict in what ways new event ideas will work or not work till you see them in play. Next year maybe we'll be able to twist and change it in ways that it will be better.
  • Maybe make the door position and the true door randomize each reset... (could lead to lots of bugs though)
  • edited October 2018
    I think the event itself is very nice, I love the candies and the crafting system is neat. It is not the concept I am against, it is the issues that the event presents. Like not always being able to get candy especially when having to traverse a parkour to the end or not easily being able to access said realms that are official. I am very appreciative of the event and I love that it was changed to shake things up.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited October 2018
    You know a LOT of the issues that players run into have to do with the controls we have to put in to stop cheating/gaming the system etc... It's one of the most difficult things to deal with when designing new events. The original concept was that you'd get a trick or treat bag and a door.. and players would place the doors in their realms. ANd then players would visit other players realms to find candies. I still like that concept better, but right away you run into the problem of people buying a bunch of doors and creating 10 rooms and a bunch of alts. etc... So maybe there's ways to set it up closer to the original vision for next year. Because I do like the idea of having to visit one another's realms to complete the event.
  • You know a LOT of the issues that players run into have to do with the controls we have to put in to stop cheating/gaming the system etc... It's one of the most difficult things to deal with when designing new events. The original concept was that you'd get a trick or treat bag and a door.. and players would place the doors in their realms. ANd then players would visit other players realms to find candies. I still like that concept better, but right away you run into the problem of people buying a bunch of doors and creating 10 rooms and a bunch of alts. etc... So maybe there's ways to set it up closer to the original vision for next year. Because I do like the idea of having to visit one another's realms to complete the event.

Couldn't you store a code in the client so that the server can read the client and only allow 1 item (like the door) on their device? Then you could make the doors untradable, undropable, and only the owner can break it. It would act like realm deeds and realm doors. When you pick it up it should not go into the player's inventory and should drop on the floor when they try to leave the realm.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

You know a LOT of the issues that players run into have to do with the controls we have to put in to stop cheating/gaming the system etc... It's one of the most difficult things to deal with when designing new events. The original concept was that you'd get a trick or treat bag and a door.. and players would place the doors in their realms. ANd then players would visit other players realms to find candies. I still like that concept better, but right away you run into the problem of people buying a bunch of doors and creating 10 rooms and a bunch of alts. etc... So maybe there's ways to set it up closer to the original vision for next year. Because I do like the idea of having to visit one another's realms to complete the event.

Cant you change the thing to buying once per ip adress then? Also might you do that youll need to put down a seperate collection bag for if people lose theirs
  • But then people would use alts to get tons of candies.
  • Which people are already using alts to get a ton of candies because most people have multiple devices with different IP.
  • Which people are already using alts to get a ton of candies because most people have multiple devices with different IP.

You also have to think about vpns.