Not Orange

2»

Comments

• JackFury said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

Also it was the dark ages still. They thought stuffing the noses with herbs kept them from getting the black plague. So they would have made them out of any material they had laying around.

But I think a white one would still look better.

Actually, stuffing the beaks with herbs and straw and wearing the suit only protected them a little. The plague masks were worn by "doctors" who did not actually know anything about medicine (not that anyone did in the 14th and 15th century). They were generally ordinary people who decided it would be profitable to be a doctor while the bubonic plague was spreading. The suit was not commonly worn by everyone, only the self-proclaimed doctors wore it. It helped somewhat for diseases that were transmitted through the air, but not so for diseases transmitted by fleas.
    Yes I know but they stuffed it with herbs because they thought it kept them safe. I just don't feel its worth it to type a long paragraph to prove a point in a thread about a video game so I over simpilified and Im not dumb ive been to school.
  • 'Sir.Fox' said:

JackFury said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

Also it was the dark ages still. They thought stuffing the noses with herbs kept them from getting the black plague. So they would have made them out of any material they had laying around.

But I think a white one would still look better.

Actually, stuffing the beaks with herbs and straw and wearing the suit only protected them a little. The plague masks were worn by "doctors" who did not actually know anything about medicine (not that anyone did in the 14th and 15th century). They were generally ordinary people who decided it would be profitable to be a doctor while the bubonic plague was spreading. The suit was not commonly worn by everyone, only the self-proclaimed doctors wore it. It helped somewhat for diseases that were transmitted through the air, but not so for diseases transmitted by fleas.
    Yes I know but they stuffed it with herbs because they thought it kept them safe. I just don't feel its worth it to type a long paragraph to prove a point in a thread about a video game so I over simpilified and Im not dumb ive been to school.
    Never said you were dumb, or even implied it :)
    gdog said:

JackFury said:

gdog said:

JackFury said:

LateCom said:

Sarco said:

scorto7 said:

Sarco said:

I'm just here thinking that if it's black it won't go well with executioner masks.

Based on what i saw in Gdog's video, this plague doctor mask and the executioner mask seem to go in the same slot, so you can not wear them together.

Now how am I supposed to lol like a real plague doctor D;
    witch hat + plague doc mask there u go xD
    Eh, maybe. The point of this is that the mask does not match a single hat in he game. That's the biggest problem ;-;
    Yeah that was plague doctors biggest concern at the time. "Does my mask match my clothes?" lol

It matches actual masks from the period, would be silly to use black or white ones imo as they are nothing like what they wore at the time.

I think they did a great job. It matches what they actually looked like.
    No, black and white masks are also historically accurate. There are paintings of plague doctors wearing said masks. And just like U said: it's Cubic Castles, it doesn't have to be realistic or historically accurate :)
    I love how this has become a serious discussion, let's continue XD
    You were the one that brought realism into it. Saying that none of the masks they wore were orange by showing pictures of masks that weren't worn from the period in question:P
    I simply corrected you by showing actual masks from the period were orange/leather.

It's all in good fun though. If anything this has been educational for those that don't know much about the plague.

Fun Facts about the Plague

- Plague has a case-fatality ratio of 30%-60% if left untreated
    - It was known as the "Black Death" during the 14th Century, causing an estimated 50 million deaths
    - People infected with plague usually develop "flu-like" symptoms after an incubation period of 3-7 days
    - There are three forms of plague infection depending on the route of infection: bubonic, septicaemic and pneumonic. Bubonic, characterised by painful swollen lymph nodes or 'buboes', is the most common form
    - Plague still is endemic in many countries. The three most endemic countries are Madagascar, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Peru
    - In 2013, there were 783 cases reported worldwide, including 126 deaths
    I know, G. This is all in good fun, and yes, it is educational. I'm not upset about it being orange, I simply thought it would make for a funny discussion. I like satire :D
  • I want a red one :<
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Why not just make 2 more with other colors? :v
  • Well you could wear orange/black colour cowl and orange/black robe
    It would look pretty cool..

• Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    Or if it matters that much, i suppose if you can, you can just change the colour of it when it comes out, by just changing the texture colour. If that's even still allowed.
  • Im fine with it orange mabe just darken it a little bit were its not so bright and looks more like a worn out leather, but i do would like black because thats cooler.
  • I like it better black, and it should come with a hat
  • What if the mask could be like the santa beard and you could have a hat and an accessory at the same time while wearing the mask. Use coke glasses to make the mask have big googly eyes?
  • I like the mask being orange because I can be a bird! Not a seagull but a birb!
  • Meh.... I'll just retexture it to make it black for my self :P...... If i get one ;-;
  • Meh.... I'll just retexture it to make it black for my self :P...... If i get one ;-;

I was thinking of doing the same, but then my outfit will look good on my screen and awful on everyone else's .-.
  • Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    JackFury said:

Meh.... I'll just retexture it to make it black for my self :P...... If i get one ;-;

I was thinking of doing the same, but then my outfit will look good on my screen and awful on everyone else's .-.
    It should matter only if you like it, it shouldn't matter if others don't like it.
  • We need more capes such as like superheroes xD
  • JackFury said:

behold.

Absolute mad lad.
  • Jack is a nerd on plague masks
  • change it to pink...
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    U said:
    CubicNews said:

change it to pink...

• Mr.Pud said:

JackFury said: