"IT" was in "The Tommyknockers"

GanondalfGanondalf Member
edited September 2018 in Off-Topic
DON'T READ WHAT I'VE WRITTEN BELOW UNLESS YOU'VE READ BOTH Stephen King's "IT" and Stephen King's "The Tommyknockers", might contain possible spoilers for IT, Chapter Two!

I've been reading The Tommyknockers and there's a pretty big reference to Pennywise...Tommy Jacklin actually sees a clown with silver dollars for eyes and a hand holding a bunch of balloons.

The Tommyknockers takes place after IT is destroyed by the remnants of the Losers Club in 1985. But how did Tommy see Pennywise again? Maybe one of IT's babies made it out alive. Maybe Ben missed one of the eggs? Kinda makes me feel bad that Eddie and Stan died for nothing. There was no watchman like Mike left amongst the losers for another cycle though and the Losers started forgetting everything at the end of the book as they had forgotten everything about their childhood. I know that a lot of Stephen Kings books have intertwined universes or something (Dick Hallorann makes an appearence in IT as well) but this one is pretty huge. Wanna theorize?

Comments

• BuMp. I still wanna theorize pl0x
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The stephen king universe is brought together through the books "the dark tower" these books create the idea of many parallel universes with which a person can travel between. This allows characters to appear in multiple titles. The dark tower series is one of the best series of books I have ever read. I own about 30 of his books currently.
  • GanondalfGanondalf Member
    edited October 2018

The stephen king universe is brought together through the books "the dark tower" these books create the idea of many parallel universes with which a person can travel between. This allows characters to appear in multiple titles. The dark tower series is one of the best series of books I have ever read. I own about 30 of his books currently.

I must read the Dark Tower books then. There are a little more than 7 of them so that kind of turned me around but you say that they're all connected to TDT novels. If it doesn't spoil much, could you tell me how?

EDIT: And I'd also like to hear your thoughts about Tommy seeing that hallucination.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    There's a lot of different things, the main villain goes by many names which ties him into being the villain of many other books. Characters from various other titles make appearances. A fictional town.of castle rock is also.the setting of multiple.different books and references each book set there as past events. Honestly read the dark tower, it is hard to get into at first but worth it.