Wanna "work" for c? :D

SepailSepail Member
edited October 2018 in Off-Topic
If you're british, and 15+ y.o. (well, or less but you should be literate person and know almost all grammar) -> i'd be happy to pay you cubits JUST for fixing grammar mistakes in my english texts which i'll send ya.

I'm programming browser game, it's almost done, but texts written in english may have mistakes which can be noticed only by british people. I'll probably pay you per text or for whole job. You can earn up to 10k just for ~3 hours of work.

Maybe my request seems like it's "illegal", but it's not trading value or any other stuff between game. You help ME by lit waste of time - i help YOU for doing a favour :P

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    me
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm not British, yet I have been informed that I correct player's grammar too often. English is my first language, as I live in Canada. Is it considered racist to say only British people? Not necessarily. But why is it only British people can notice these "mistakes" you speak of? That is a little peculiar to me, so I shall look this up :P.

So I just clicked the first video, as none of the links or other videos were directly linked to "British people", but it seems that this is stereotypical. Unless you have any other reason (perhaps you do, I can't possibly know xD), then I would be perfect for you. Good luck finding someone! - Berry
  • LateCom said:

No.1: British people are from the UK, and they have their own way of spelling things and using grammar. For instance, someone from America would spell the lovely bread with a hole in it doughnut, but for British, it is donut. Other instances would be 'center' (American) and 'centre' (British).

Another example would be with commas. For British learners, there is no comma before 'and' in a list, but it contains a comma for Americans.

There are probably many more examples of such, but I think that these are the few that i would like to point out.

I live in america. Im pretty sure we spell it like donut.

Also I would help. Except I live in America.
  • nikkilinnikkilin Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm not British, but I'm willing to check English spelling and grammar in case you're willing to "hire" someone who isn't British. :) I'm 20 years old, and I studied 17 years of English using Canadian books. I often check for spelling and grammar errors with regards to reaction papers, research papers, and the like.
  • nikkilin said:

I'm not British, but I'm willing to check English spelling and grammar in case you're willing to "hire" someone who isn't British. :) I'm 20 years old, and I studied 20 years of English using Canadian books. I often check for spelling and grammar errors with regards to reaction papers, research papers, and the like.

30 years of English using CANADIAN books ... I'm sure that those books won't have ANY spelling mistakes. Also you have been reading books since 0 years of age! Damn...
    LateCom said:

I think he need not any more assistance for I did all the necessary work he asked me to xD

nice grammar
  • nikkilin said:

I'm not British, but I'm willing to check English spelling and grammar in case you're willing to "hire" someone who isn't British. :) I'm 20 years old, and I studied 20 years of English using Canadian books. I often check for spelling and grammar errors with regards to reaction papers, research papers, and the like.

So ppl start reading at birth? Btw nobody believes you're 20
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    I'm British and I'm 16 does this count XD
  • SepailSepail Member
    edited October 2018
    Owo, too many people :D but for now LateCom helps me and i hope it's good. My british friend who knows all grammar will recheck the texts and make the conclusion. If something goes wrong or if LateCom denies work i will hire another dude. If i change the person (if) i will surely pay LateCom for already done work.
  • I highly doubt LateCom would deny it as he knows he getting cubits for it .. (pig)

But then again isn't this why we all clicked on this?
  • Sarco said:

I highly doubt LateCom would deny it as he knows he getting cubits for it .. (pig)

But then again isn't this why we all clicked on this?

Haha, don't worry. I'll have like 10 000 texts more to fix in the future
  • LateCom said:

No.1: British people are from the UK, and they have their own way of spelling things and using grammar. For instance, someone from America would spell the lovely bread with a hole in it doughnut, but for British, it is donut. Other instances would be 'center' (American) and 'centre' (British).

Another example would be with commas. For British learners, there is no comma before 'and' in a list, but it contains a comma for Americans.

There are probably many more examples of such, but I think that these are the few that i would like to point out.

When you say "America", do you mean United States Of America? Or North America? 'Cause I live in Canada, and spell the delicious pastry "donut".
  • SepailSepail Member
    edited October 2018
    I will send ya all (except Lucaaa, cos he's noob in english and except of Pixel, cos he denied my friend request 2 years ago) text to fix. It will be an experiment. Then i'll send fixed by you text to professional and he will say who's the best. Futher, we'll probably work together.

Sepail said:

I will send ya all (except Lucaaa, cos he's noob in english and except of Pixel, cos he denied my friend request 2 years ago) text to fix. It will be an experiment. Then i'll send fixed by you text to professional and he will say who's the best. Futher, we'll probably work together.

Thats discrimination

• Well, I could do it. I'm American but eh :v
  • If u are american but know all neccesary grammar and my british friend approves ur text it's fine :D
  • nikkilinnikkilin Member
    edited October 2018
    Sarco said:

nikkilin said:

30 years of English using CANADIAN books ... I'm sure that those books won't have ANY spelling mistakes. Also you have been reading books since 0 years of age! Damn...
    Oh! Good point! Allow me to correct 20 years of English to 17 years, since I started my formal education at 3 years of age :)
  • nikkilin said:

As mentioned above in my response to Sacro's comment, it was a mistake and I'm revising 20 to 17 since my formal education started when I was 3 years of age :) Sorry for the mistake, I'll edit my original comment to avoid further confusion.

I know most people playing this game are probably in their teens, but I really am 20 years old. I've even met people at their thirties in the game
  • LateCom said:

to be blatantly honest... the way you play the game in-game does not feel like how a 20 year old would be playing it e.e

I'm 19. I like playing game in game :P
    Why does everyone judge nikkilin? Shhhh.
  • SarcoSarco Member
    edited October 2018
    LateCom said:

to be blatantly honest... the way you play the game in-game does not feel like how a 20 year old would be playing it e.e

lol true or maybe immature 20 year old ?
  • Why do you think they play the game? People can play the game how they wouldn't normaly act. Thats why people who scam in game would most likely not steal from a store, the games gives you courage and a blank canvas to be who you want to be. If I wanted to have a account where I am a girl obsessed with dogs I could.
  • LateCom said:

Sarco said:

LateCom said:

lol true or maybe immature 20 year old ?
    Have you two actually seen me play in-game? I don't really remember coming across you both xD

I choose to play this game because I find it fun and amusing, since there is an economy and a world that allows you to trade as well as make business. I love the fact that the gameplay isn't violent; I also find it a stress reliever from life's problems- and I'm sure we all have our methods of de-stressing.

• Sepail said:

LateCom said:

I'm 19. I like playing game in game :P
    Why does everyone judge nikkilin? Shhhh.
    Thanks Senpail :3
    'Sir.Fox' said:

Why do you think they play the game? People can play the game how they wouldn't normaly act. Thats why people who scam in game would most likely not steal from a store, the games gives you courage and a blank canvas to be who you want to be. If I wanted to have a account where I am a girl obsessed with dogs I could.

Sir Fox has a point- I get to do things in the game that i don't normally have opportunities to do in real life such as mining, building, crafting from raw materials, and even owning a pet dog. :)
  • LateCom said:

cool then. guess 17 years of canadian books allows you to become an english tutor of sorts...

Thanks, I actually enjoy helping people with English and Math
  • nikkilin said:

nikkilin said:

As mentioned above in my response to Sacro's comment, it was a mistake and I'm revising 20 to 17 since my formal education started when I was 3 years of age :) Sorry for the mistake, I'll edit my original comment to avoid further confusion.

I know most people playing this game are probably in their teens, but I really am 20 years old. I've even met people at their thirties in the game
    Did.. You.. Just . Call.. Me .. Sacro? !! Blasphemy
  • LateCom said:

looks like we have the same interests... maths... my favourite subject...

Awesome! :)
    Sarco said:

nikkilin said:

nikkilin said:

Did.. You.. Just . Call.. Me .. Sacro? !! Blasphemy
    Hahahaha, sorry Sarco xD
  • SepailSepail Member
    edited October 2018
    nikkilin said:

LateCom said:

sorry Sarco xD
    And... you... called... me... Senpail!
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    edited October 2018
    Why british? I'm American and I speak English. If you hire a British person it'll be British English. If you hire an American it'll be American English. British English is hard to understand... with their centres and theatres... *cough* Sarco
  • Log_er said:

Why british? I'm American and I speak English. If you hire a British person it'll be British English. If you hire an American it'll be American English. British English is hard to understand... with their centres and theatres... *cough* Sarco

Atleast we don't speak like Shakespeare did that'd be total chaos
  • Sepail said:

nikkilin said:

LateCom said:

sorry Sarco xD
    And... you... called... me... Senpail!
    HAHAHAHA Sepail xD At first I thought your name was like senpai xD