Extraction Issues

b3achyb3achy Member
edited September 2018 in Bug Reports
Anyone else having problems extracting flour from wheat and sugar from sugar cane? Mine doesn't seem to be working today (yes, I have the perks for the wheat/corn).

Is there something special I need to do to the extractor to get it to actually work/output or is it bugged?

Comments

• I haven't done it in awhile, but I didn't have any bugs last time. When is the last time you extracted them?
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited September 2018
    Hadn't tried extracting the farming items before...so I was trying to extract them right before I posted this...I logged out and logged in again...still didn't help...pulled the extractors and replaced them and the ingredients...it is still doing the same thing...just says it's 'Forging' (which is weird since they are extractors)...but nothing is happening...

• b3achy said:

Hadn't tried extracting the farming items before...so I was trying to extract them right before I posted this...I logged out and logged in again...still didn't help...pulled the extractors and replaced them and the ingredients...it is still doing the same thing...just says it's 'Forging' (which is weird since they are extractors)...but nothing is happening...

Is it a laggy realm/room?
  • Seems to be working fine in my workshop...just not working in my farm room.
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited September 2018
    That's odd.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    This is an intended by the devs. Its for optimization. If a room has lots of crops/bushes or floating items then it wont allow you to forge. It's to help reduce lag and improve performance for users on lower end devices/internet connections. So either get rid of some crops/bushes/floaters or forge in another room/realm.

• gdog said:

This is an intended by the devs. Its for optimization. If a room has lots of crops/bushes or floating items then it wont allow you to forge. It's to help reduce lag and improve performance for users on lower end devices/internet connections. So either get rid of some crops/bushes/floaters or forge in another room/realm.

That's what I was thinking :)

I didn't know it was a thing though. I just thought maybe lag caused it. In the back of !y head I was thinking crops though. Crops limit quite a bit sometimes, but maybe it's just me and my device.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited September 2018
    gdog said:

Thanks. Understand the optimization issues. Good to know.

Was surprised because other things were working, like the stove and workbenches, just not the extractor. Had expected the problem to be that I placed them near a wall, as the extractors in my workshop are in the middle of the room. But I did move them away, and was getting the same issue, so I was perplexed.

I'm pretty sure I have the same number of crops in both locations (500), but I do have additional berry bushes in the 'farmhouse' room that aren't in the storage/workshop room. I have fewer animals in the storage/workshop room, so I'll make sure I don't add more there.

Kind of a bummer though because my intention was to do all my farm related cooking stuff in the farmhouse, and not in the workshop...oh well, need to change my plans/processes then...guess I need to build a new farm house room then... o.O