Trailer Contest Winner - It's finally up?

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
edited September 2018 in General Chat
So a long time ago we held a contest for a new Cubic Castles video trailer. At the time of the contest Ed was the winner. However, for various reasons we weren't able to use that trailer at the time, but recently Ed completed a new trailer for us and we were able to get it from him and upload it to our youtube channel. We plan to use it on some other sites as well. So thanks to Ed, and if you haven't seen it you might want to have a look on our channel. Please consider sharing the trailer to spread the word about Cubic Castles as well.

Comments

• Ooh! its Eddy!!
    Nice!
  • @SirKewberth is it expensive to makke advertisment on youtube about cc ? Just wondering xD
  • I love this trailer and it perfectly captures CC, I hope it aids in the growth of CC. I know if I was unfamiliar with CC this trailer would intrigue me in turn making me want to try it :D!
  • Yes make cc grow bigger!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    NoeNt said:

@SirKewberth is it expensive to makke advertisment on youtube about cc ? Just wondering xD

With ads you can kind of choose how much you want to spend. So you can spend a lot or a little depending on your budget. The difficult thing with ads though is to spend your ad money effectively. It's possible to spend thousands of dollars and see no difference in the number of players. We do some ads, but a lot of the ones we've tried haven't helped that much.
  • So

*wipes eyes*

Beautiful.
  • Yaaay! congratulations!! :D
  • NoeNt said:

@SirKewberth is it expensive to makke advertisment on youtube about cc ? Just wondering xD

With ads you can kind of choose how much you want to spend. So you can spend a lot or a little depending on your budget. The difficult thing with ads though is to spend your ad money effectively. It's possible to spend thousands of dollars and see no difference in the number of players. We do some ads, but a lot of the ones we've tried haven't helped that much.
    I see , thanks for your answer:)
  • Nice trailer. Good job Ed.
  • Ooh! its Eddy!!
    Nice!

sorry but the name eddy is already copyrighted by me, edition.

• *Zoddy* said:

Ooh! its Eddy!!
    Nice!

sorry but the name eddy is already copyrighted by me, edition.

although there's an old player named Eddy, Zoddy.
  • :Q:
  • Love it!

But didn't daresx11 win the trailer, got 1m c? (If I got the name wrong sorry)
    This was like 2 years ago if I remember correctly.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

Love it!

But didn't daresx11 win the trailer, got 1m c? (If I got the name wrong sorry)
    This was like 2 years ago if I remember correctly.

Ed did.
    I do however wonder if he got paid again or he did it for free.. HMM
  • No. Dares won. I remember this, the guy posted it on his yt channel. I will go find the vid and post it here for you.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

No. Dares won. I remember this, the guy posted it on his yt channel. I will go find the vid and post it here for you.

You're high
  • Ok... Maybe I got it wrong, as I just found out but that has no reason for you to be acting this way Luca.
    I remember dares winning something, maybe it was a different contest.
  • Ok... Maybe I got it wrong, as I just found out but that has no reason for you to be acting this way Luca.

Why do ppl have to be this sensitive
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    It's put together really well. Nice and professional looking :p I'll share it where I can.

Ed was the winner in the trailer contest :P
  • Nice trailer :)
  • Nice trailer! Well done Ed!
  • Perfect!
  • Wow ed, awesome work. Way to get CC out there
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Way better than his original trailer.
    I didn't know we were doing redos tho...

ps update the steam store page :P
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well it wasn't something we went looking for. It's just that Ed was unable to provide the original trailer at the time, and he recently sent us a message offering to provide a new one so we agreed. I do still think it would be nice to actually have some other videos as well really. I know your entry won 2nd place, and if you'd really like to see it or a newer variation on the official pages we'd love to have it.

I know you offered before and it's not that we don't appreciate such offers, it's more that we find ourselves so short of time between family life and work (and really lots going on there) that we find ourselves running around from thing to thing and it forces us to narrow our work focus at times to the detriment of things that need attention like the web pages, steam pages etc... So sometimes we need a little push to get us looking in another direction at something that needs attention even if it seems like it wouldn't take much effort on our part.
  • This trailer is LIT
  • Great trailer!
  • Nice but forgot 1 thing. Its available on steam, its a quick fix.
  • its amaZing