Sci-fi building contest results! (OPINIONS)

First of all i want to thank Space for all the events and his hard work, especially with that judging video, i enjoyed watching it. And yes i did watch it all.
But let’s be honest here. What happened? If you watch the video and then look at the results you’ll be like WOAH, Space def did not choose the winners alone. I loved how you were judging Space but i’m gonna be very honest here and i don’t want to disrespect the current builds but i have seen WAY BETTER builds, i won’t name the people tho. Look at 5th place, why is it 5th? Imo it’s way better than all 4 places. But hey! I may be wrong everyone has his own opinion and i definitely want to hear them all! :3
Conclusion: i would love to see how space would put the results alone without the help of others.

Comments

• As usual, at every building contest, some great builds are let aside for some reasons..

Also, if I'm right, the judges sort 5 builds and give points by this ranking (like 1st - 5pts, 2nd - 4 pts etc...).
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    How is a maglev train SCI FI
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited September 2018
    I JUST CAN'T ACCEPT PIXEL ART CAN'T CAN'T CAN'T...
    @Space_fetus may we see some transparency regarding judges' names?
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

The list of people used to judge is mods and admins.I wont release the names, if they want to tell people they did then so be it. But im well aware of the level of criticism building judges face and I won't force that on them.
  • lucaaa795 said:

The list of people used to judge is mods and admins.I wont release the names, if they want to tell people they did then so be it. But im well aware of the level of criticism building judges face and I won't force that on them.
    Btw, no honourable mentions this time?
  • The build event was fun, glad too see the winners with their Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious builds.

I also saw other good builds, but we need to gib respek to senpai.
  • lucaaa795 said:

aye. I feel ya mate. No problem with the results. but as long as they fit into the category.

Note: Young to old? (no offense to the creator) but that is just stupid. should be old to young.
    edited September 2018

lucaaa795 said:

Oh okay thank you.

Who is the guy from the judging team that has never seen a maglev train? Like come on just raise your hand everything will be fine.
  • *raises toenail*
  • Just going to point out that 3 of the top 5 were machines... and 1 did not make sense.
    (i never even finished my build so not saying there bad just can we get some more originality when judging) I saw a few good builds left out so when judging can you include (or include more) originality into the top 5. I know there are limited spaces and that not everyone can win. I also know that it can be hard for judges to pick who we think should win since they see different from us because they are not us.

Also what do judges judge on? Do they just judge on the topic Sci-Fi, because that is a broad topic.

Just my opinions.

Thank you for hosting this build competition hope to see more in the future!
  • I didn't expect these builds, but that's it! Congratulations! :D
  • I should have made a machine I guess. Sounds like that's all Sci-Fi means now :P

I appreciate all the work that goes into this, but the results were brutal. I knew I wouldn't have won anyways, but there were some WAY better builds than the ones that got thousands and thousands of cubits.
  • The saddest thing about the results are the fact that a lot of great builds didn't win. Honorable mention would've been enough smh
  • Didn't this happen with the Easter event with the majority of the builds winning being machines/factories XD.
  • @lucaaa795
    lucaaa795 said:

Luca I just wanna say it was a hover train not a maglev which seems to be connected to a track just to clarify @lucaaa795

@lucaaa795

lucaaa795 said:

Luca I just wanna say it was a hover train not a maglev which seems to be connected to a track just to clarify @lucaaa795
    Maglev is also hovering above the track.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Lol space you can't win it seems.

A few months ago.
    "we need more judges, space is biased!!!"

You get more judges.
    "I agree with spaces judging but not the other judges. we need less judges!"

I miss you all :p
  • All builds were awesome. & In my personal opinions It's not about the prize. It's about the joy of building & inspiring others to do the same. It was obvious that some awesome builds are going to be left out since, there's going to be only few winners. win or lose. What's important is you enjoyed it and you were willing to participate. Yes. Might be devistating that you didn't place or whatsoever. But no one's stopping you from trying again next time right?.you were able to do it now by participating. I'm so sure that they can also do there best next time.
  • +1 ^

I was pretty proud with my dogcatfoxbot
  • Thank you all for your opinions! This may be closed now, at the end of the day i didn’t lose a thing! I had fun building it AND I AM GETTING A TIP PIGGY!
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    Only more reason for you to improve your creativity in building to prove to them than you deserve to be on the top next time :)
This discussion has been closed.