internal combustion engines
oil refineries
oil products
electric forges
lithium-ion batteries
pump-jacks
air conditioners
pipe systems

Update 1.0: Beginners Electricity Update.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Things:

Copper Ore: when mined gives copper.

Copper Bar: a bar of forged copper, used in crafting.

Coil: a copper plated coil to conduct electricity. Crafted: 1 spring, 1 copper bar. steel hammer as tool.

Wire: a copper line with rubber insulating it. Crafted: 1 copper bar, 1 vulcanized rubber. knife as tool. you get 16.

USAGE: can be placed.

Gear Display: displays things. Crafted: 3 steel gears, 1 steel pole, 2 glass, 1 black dye. screwdriver as tool.

Tungsten Ore: when mined gives Tungsten.

Tungsten Bar: a bar of forged tungsten, used in crafting.

Rotor Blade: a steel fan blade useful for many purposes. Crafted: 2 steel poles, 1 refined steel. wrench as tool.

Turbine: a way of generating energy using the movement of a wheel. Crafted: 1 steel pole, 1 rotor blade. screwdriver as tool.

Steam Engine: a machine that uses steam to create power. Crafting: 2 refined steel, 1 forge, 3 pipes, 1 turbine. screwdriver as tool.
USAGE: place it down like a block, put water in top slot and coal in bottom, will start generating power. 1 water = 100 energy.

Electric Motor: allows you to use energy from mechanical generators like the steam engine, and can also turn electricity into mechanical power too. 2 wires, 2 magnets, 4 refined steel, 1 coal. screwdriver as tool.

USAGE: use cables to connect it at one end to a steam engine or other mechanical power source, then connect it to an electrical device on the other side using wires.

cable: connects mechanical generators to things in need of power. crafted: 2 stainless steel, 1 refined steel. knife as tool. you get 16.

Zinc ore: used to create some batteries, drops zinc when mined.

Copper-Zinc Battery: a that can store up to 100 energy points. Crafted: 2 zinc, 2 copper bars, 4 vulcanized rubber. steel hammer as tool.
USAGE: place on ground, on one end connect it to an electric power source, and it will build up energy. You can also connect it to another wire on the other end to take it out and put it in a machine.

Vacuum: a device that uses energy to suck out air from objects. Crafted: 1 rotor blade, 2 stainless steel, 1 rubber tube, 1 electric motor.
USAGE: the core is flipped so it turns electrical power into mechanical, uses 20 energy points each time it is used. place it on the ground and put things in its slot to use it.

Bulb: an airtight glass dome devoid of any air inside of it. Crafted: putting 1 glass bottle in a vacuum and waiting 10 seconds.

light bulb: uses electricity to produce light and lots of heat. Crafted: 1 tungsten bar, 1 bulb, 2 refined steel. wrench as tool.

electric lamp: when powered creates a large amount of light. Crafted: 4 wires, 1 light bulb, 4 stainless steel. wrench as tool.
USAGE: place in the world and connect it to a power source using wires.

gear display: displays something in analog. Crafted: 1 gear, 1 glass, 1 black dye. Screwdriver as tool.

Multimeter: when held, you can see how much energy a machine or battery has left, and you can see the energy in wires. Crafted: 3 gear displays, 4 fancy wood, 2 wires, 3 light bulbs. screwdriver as tool.

Update 2.0: Cooking With Gasoline Update.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piston Casing: Metal Cylinder to hold the air and gas in it. Crafted: 2 refined steel. Steel Hammer as tool.

Piston Head: Metal head for pushing. Crafted: 1 refined steel. Steel Hammer as tool.

Camshaft: Uses rotation to move something up & down. Crafted: 2 steel gears, 1 iron pole. Wrench as tool.

Piston: Fully functional piston device. Crafted: 1 Camshaft, 1 Piston Head, 1 Piston Casing, 1 iron pole. Screwdriver as tool.

Pipes can be placed, and link up to vacuums allowing air to be moved into objects.

1 Item processed using a vacuum or 1 block

Vacuums will also be able to get air without crafting anything, via placing a pipe in front of it. Keep in mind this will prevent it from being able to craft anything.
Vacuums can also extract water from water blocks. This allows an infinite supply of water in pipes, but not for crafting. Also it requires the vacuum to be connected with a pipe in the front and the pipe directly above a top side block of a 3x3x3 pool of water cubes. This of course only works if the vacuum has power, so its not exactly "Free" water.

V4 Internal Combustion Engine: Uses a small amount of energy and gasoline to make a good amount of power. Crafted: 4 pistons, 4 copper wires, 2 refined steel. Wrench as tool.
Produces 500 Energy per 1 gasoline and 1 air.

V8 Internal Combustion Engine: Uses a medium amount of energy and gasoline to make a large amount of power. Crafted: 8 pistons, 8 copper wires, 4 refined steel. Wrench as tool.
OR Crafted: 1 V4 Internal Combustion Engine, 4 pistons, 4 copper wires, and 2 refined steel with the Wrench as the tool.
Produces 1000 Energy per 2 gasoline and 2 air. (Takes less time than a V4)

V4 and V8 Combustion engines will get hotter over time. Each combustion increases the heat by 20 Degrees C.
Placing water nearby or having a pipe with water next to it can cool it down by 20 Degrees C, but after 4 times it will be turned into a cloud block. (or with the pipe it will turn into steam.) which will not cool the combustion engine down. In addition if a fuel-accepting machine runs a block next to them (Other Engines, Forges, Steam Engines, Extractors, Etc.) They will increase heat by 20 Degrees C every 1 item that is burned. If the temperature reaches 200 Degrees C the Combustion Engine will stop working, and to repair it you need to craft it with 2-4 Pistons and 2-4 Wires With a Wrench as the tool, depending on if its a V4 Or a V8 Engine.

Steam engines can have steam pumped into them, but will not accept cloud blocks. (Cloud blocks could be considered "Cooled Off", thus not producing anything.)

This means you could use the left-over heat from a Combustion Engine to get more power Via Steam Engine.

Boiler: Accepts water and power to make steam. (Not Cloud Blocks) This can be taken out by pipes. Can be used to automate Steam Engines. Crafted: 1 Stainless Steel, 1 Pipe, 1 Forge. Wrench as tool.

Office Lamps and House Lamps can be crafted with Light Bulbs to make versions that require power. They will emit much more light too. Requires 1 power every minute to light.

Lithium: Light-Cyan crystal block found semi-rarely in Mines.

Lithium-Ion Battery: 2 Lithium, 1 Sulfur, 2 vulcanized rubber. Steel Hammer as tool. Stores 500 energy instead of 100.

Pump-jack: A pump-jack is a special type of vacuum that is able to and only able to pump oil into pipes. It is actually a type of multi-Block that requires to placed down parts. It also requires the Oil Pump to be directly above a 1x1x10 (10 deep) line of oil.

Oil Pump: The part touching the oil blocks, actually extracts the oil. Crafted: 1 piston, 10 iron poles, 2 refined steel. Wrench as tool.

Pump-jack Engine: Powers the Oil Pump, allows the oil to be extracted via pipe. Crafted: 1 Camshaft, 1 Electric Motor, 2 Stainless Steel, 1 Vacuum. Screwdriver as tool. Uses 50 energy every oil block.
Because of the large amount of parts, oil, and energy required, its recommended you get a large amount of energy production first before looking into Pump-Jacks. But once you do oil will not be needed to be mined again.

Oil Refinery: Used to make oil-products. Crafted: 1 Extractor, 1 Boiler, 1 Electric Motor, 1 Lithium-Ion Battery. Screwdriver as tool. Requires power to use.

The oil refinery takes oil and electricity. It will then produce 1 butane, 1 gasoline, 1 lubricant oil, and 1 asphalt. It takes 500 energy to do this.

Asphalt: When used instead of Oil in a road block's recipe it gives you 8 of that block instead of 1, when used instead of black dye and stone in Dark Brick recipe it also gives you 8 instead of 1.

Butane: Putting Butane works as a fuel source in extractors and distilleries, but burning twice as long as oil does. It can also be used to make Rubber (As a reference to synthetic rubber) by putting it in a distillery.

Gasoline: Fuel used in Internal Combustion Engines. Can also be used in extractors and distilleries, lasting 4 Times longer than oil.

Lubricant Oil: Used as a crafting recipe for other items, and can be used in place of Varnish.

Oil Refineries can also have oil pumped into them via pipes. This allows automation of Oil Refineries.

Electrical Forge: Requires power instead of fuel. Crafted: 1 forge, 2 stainless steel 1 Lithium-Ion Battery. Screwdriver as tool. Uses 100 Energy per Item.

Air Conditioner: Uses power to cool down Internal Combustion Engines. Crafted: 1 rotor blade, 1 fridge, 1 stainless steel, 2 copper wires. Requires air to be piped in from a vacuum. Uses 10 power to cool 20 Degrees C.

Electric Lamps also use 1 power per minute. (Not mentioned Previously.)

((((MORE TO COME!))))

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    You could clarify it by saying suggestion in progress instead of W. I. P
    It makes it sound like youre planning to add these into the game.
  • lucaaa795 said:

You could clarify it by saying suggestion in progress instead of W. I. P
    It makes it sound like youre planning to add these into the game.

oh.
    well... ok.
    but i do put alot more work than i should researching these XD.
  • What about electronics like these?:
    P S 4
    X B O X
    P H O N E
    P C
    N I N-

Okay,just kidding XD.
    Anyways,+1
    P S 4
    X B O X
    P H O N E
    P C
    N I N-

Okay,just kidding XD.
    Anyways,+1

the Moment when your playing CC on your CC phone
  • what about..redstone pistons hoppers redstone repeators redstone comparators pressure plates .... minecraft intensifies
  • *>Remo<* said:

what about..redstone pistons hoppers redstone repeators redstone comparators pressure plates .... minecraft intensifies

Actually this reminds me of The Blockheads. lol
  • *>Remo<* said:

what about..redstone pistons hoppers redstone repeators redstone comparators pressure plates .... minecraft intensifies

lol
    pistons would be added but not in that way XD
    P S 4
    X B O X
    P H O N E
    P C
    N I N-

Okay,just kidding XD.
    Anyways,+1

haha coming soon, coming soon.
  • Pistons? We need better lifts man
  • chirpmanchirpman Member
    edited August 2018
    chief12 said:

Pistons? We need better lifts man

pistons as in engine pistons :P

but its not like i couldn't suggest elevators... :o
  • Too complicated for me xD
  • Log_er said:

Too complicated for me xD

If it ever gets added I could help you :P
    (it most likely wont be added)
  • Well you’re right latecom... I would anyway also suggest some things... I have a made a post about it already
    Here... forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/22961/cubic-industrial-revolution?new=1
  • LateCom said:

this game is for kids, not some mechanical engineers and college students majoring in engineering. I bet not even 50% of cc players know what tungsten (W) means and its uses, let alone how a lightbulb works.

however, if cc were to be revolving around engineering and mechanics, majority of kids would surely drop out of the game, nobody wants to be learning science and motor while playing games, do they?

1. this does NOT have to be in any way a critical part of the game, just a side thing you can mess around with if you want to.
    3. I for one, think engineering is a really interesting subject, and if you don't feel that way then fine, but if the game had this in it already then I would play it alot more than I do right now.

3. look at mods added for Minecraft, a very similar style to this game. There are plenty of tech mods out there that add all kinds of machines that can teach the basics of power, espically if its one of the more realistic mods like Electrical Age. Heck, even Minecraft vanilla has redstone, which in many ways reflects the way computers in the real world work.

4. Is it such a bad thing to learn how the world around you works? I for one want to know how everything around me functions, instead of just leaving it to "thats just how it is" the world was once like that, and then the scientific revolution came and now we have all the modern wonders we take for granted today. I feel that atleast a certain amount of kids might feel the same way, and a game is one of the best ways to teach someone and keep it in there memory.

5. I believe I said in a post before, and correct me if I am wrong, but I in no way feel that any of this will ever be added, I am really posting these suggestions out of my own amusement.

So, what I am saying is if you feel like you have to have some sort of degree to learn how the world works then you are plain wrong, I am pretty young to know what I know, and im sorry if you feel that nobody would ever want to learn.
  • LateCom said:

I feel like the vast majority of players who play the game just wants to have fun, build, and chill. plus, cc is not like minecraft. I never once stated that we don't want to learn more around the world, probably if you ask some random qbee standing in the lobby about these 'revolutional ideas' I'm sure they wont ever give a ..... . probably keep your ideas to yourself if you want to make these to 'your own amusement', barely anyone cares or is interested in this, you're just flooding ur own thread anyways.

alright, fine. Nobody cares. I have learned that sharing your ideas is just a bad idea. So fine. I quit. I quit Cubic Castles, I quit these fourms, I quit sharing anything I have to offer. Because no body is gonna take it. So goodbye. Nobody cares about me, my ideas, or anything I will ever say or do. This will be the last you hear of me, and I am certain you are glad to hear that.
  • Well chirp an try to understand... most people in this game range from 10-14 they wont know that complex a level of engineering and mods cant be used in cc as it is a server side game.... noone can help it... I know latecom can be very rude sometimes but maybe this isn’t the game when it comes to getting engineering stuff in here... people think its geeky and most ppl think science is crap... though I like your idea :D
  • chief12 said:

Well chirp an try to understand... most people in this game range from 10-14 they wont know that complex a level of engineering and mods cant be used in cc as it is a server side game.... noone can help it... I know latecom can be very rude sometimes but maybe this isn’t the game when it comes to getting engineering stuff in here... people think its geeky and most ppl think science is crap... though I like your idea :D

i know... I really shouldn't let it get to me but its hard when you know that whenever you say something someone is always gonna be there to quickly shut down anything and everything you say.
  • I would like to see something like this added but in a simpler way
    And hey,everyone has the right to suggest something even if most people disagree.Nothing is wrong with suggesting what you would like to see.
  • i just woke up and i honestly forgot what i was mad about. lol.
  • chirpmanchirpman Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm not saying i'm back or anything, but I would also like to add as one last side note before I go that for some reason I didn't think about, honestly in-game it would not be complicated at all, for example the CC way to make steel is mostly accurate to real life, but you don't have to know the complex chemistry of steel to make it since you can just look it up in the guide if you don't know how to make it. For Example: You don't need to know how the mechanics of electrons in a void to make a lightbulb, you just need the blueprints. The descriptions were added to explain WHY you need these things to make it, not that you actually need to know to make it. So really the kids could look up on the crafting page and be like: Oh, so to make a light bulb you need a glass bulb and tungsten. And then they know what they need to do.
  • chirpman said:

I'm not saying i'm back or anything, but I would also like to add as one last side note before I go that for some reason I didn't think about, honestly in-game it would not be complicated at all, for example the CC way to make steel is mostly accurate to real life, but you don't have to know the complex chemistry of steel to make it since you can just look it up in the guide if you don't know how to make it. For Example: You don't need to know how the mechanics of electrons in a void to make a lightbulb, you just need the blueprints. The descriptions were added to explain WHY you need these things to make it, not that you actually need to know to make it. So really the kids could look up on the crafting page and be like: Oh, so to make a light bulb you need a glass bulb and tungsten. And then they know what they need to do.

You have awesome ideas, ignore Latecom, he's a frickin idiot who knows nothing, I'm also a person who enjoys science and discovery, and I think that with enough simplification, this could the greatest suggestion on this forum!
  • Congratulations, you just made me re-think leaving the forums. That really helped.
  • ta-da, simplified.
  • chirpman said:

ta-da, simplified.

:)
  • SpaceChickenSpaceChicken Member
    edited December 2018
    I think this would actually fit in quite well in cubic castles,because i mean we already have levers and stuff.Also is tungsten a real ore or just a thing in terraria...? If it's real then wow i never knew that.. +1
    Edit:yes it's real o.o
  • *>Remo<* said:

I think this would actually fit in quite well in cubic castles,because i mean we already have levers and stuff.Also is tungsten a real ore or just a thing in terraria...? If it's real then wow i never knew that.. +1
    Edit:yes it's real o.o

maybe Latecom had a point...
    lol anyway thank you!
  • This sounds interesting i didn't read a whole lot though. I think don't make it over complicated remember kids play this and they won't focus on something or give up if something is to hard.
  •  SirGalaxon SirGalaxon Member
    edited December 2018
    LateCom said:

chirpman said:

You have awesome ideas, ignore Latecom, he's a frickin idiot who knows nothing, I'm also a person who enjoys science and discovery, and I think that with enough simplification, this could the greatest suggestion on this forum!
    rude, mister Q.
    You were rude, don't dish it if you won't take it
  • LateCom said:

not like i used the words to describe him as a ‘know nothing’. If my comment was tier 2, yours would be tier 5. Mr Q. At least I do not say ‘oh he’s a damn idiot who knows nothing and gives no .... about this, at least stop saying that they are ‘idiots’ , do you think that you stand above us and know everything or more than i do about the game?

I was defending him against you! And I didn't call anyone else an idiot, I think you are alone in that respect. Also, I think I at least know more than you, not more than everyone else, but definitely you!
  • LateCom said:

arrogant much. since this is just you ‘proving your ‘worth’’, be it, stay arrogant, mr X.Q.

Arrogant in your view maybe, cause your mind doesn't work the right way