Scammers Are starting To Appear More?

So recently I am starting to see scammers popping everywhere.Even worse my friend has became one :C.Also @SirKewberth Do you Think you can help with this one I don't want to push you but Please do your best. I'm only saying this as nobody likes a game full of scammers unless you are one now TY if any modern sees this

Comments

• Soz about the typo the mod is ment to be be mods
  • I don't see a sudden rise of scammers at all. The mods are doing their best, working in the discord and stopping scams.
  • I don't see a sudden rise of scammers at all. The mods are doing their best, working in the discord and stopping scams.

Yes I do agree with that but there is starting to be more active scammers and if you told somebody there a scammer nobody would belive you unless you have video proof so scammers will get away with things and they will use that to there advantage also if you trust people ALOT like me start licensing to what there telling you and always be recording :D
  • A baseless opinion that has no scientific foundation and lacks an understanding of the large picture that illustrates the timeline of Cubic Castles.

In translation- Scamming is not a consistent flow, it rises and falls this has been the way of CC since the early days. Permitted there is not a large spike (which there isn't) and that it is over all being curbed (which it is) then everything is fine. As a community the greatest problem is not scamming but the ignorance of the players, their failure to adhere to caution. We could eliminate scamming almost entirely if players played more safe. Equally if not more it is our responsibility as players to prevent scamming by educating low levels and employing anti scam techniques like using ones brain for instance more than it is up to the mods or admin.

If this discussion was created several years ago I may agree but measure after measure has been implemented to the point where scamming boils down to player carelessness. The admin have introduce measures like cash registers, making cash registers free, making cash registers have confirmation windows, making vends, and the list goes on.
  • A baseless opinion that has no scientific foundation and lacks an understanding of the large picture that illustrates the timeline of Cubic Castles.

In translation- Scamming is not a consistent flow, it rises and falls this has been the way of CC since the early days. Permitted there is not a large spike (which there isn't) and that it is over all being curbed (which it is) then everything is fine. As a community the greatest problem is not scamming but the ignorance of the players, their failure to adhere to caution. We could eliminate scamming almost entirely if players played more safe. Equally if not more it is our responsibility as players to prevent scamming by educating low levels and employing anti scam techniques like using ones brain for instance more than it is up to the mods or admin.

If this discussion was created several years ago I may agree but measure after measure has been implemented to the point where scamming boils down to player carelessness. The admin have introduce measures like cash registers, making cash registers free, making cash registers have confirmation windows, making vends, and the list goes on.

Man I have no words xD That's one Heck of a speech How long did it type to say that
  • Man I have no words xD That's one Heck of a speech How long did it type to say that

Grey is trying to tell you that you're missing the point.

Cubic Castles consists of a young audience starting from ages 3 - 30 - maybe even older. Grey is simply explaining the fact that there has always been a small "trend". A trend that can either fall or rise like a spike. It's impossible to make sure that all small kids understand since they are young and easily pressured into greed and money. Therefore scamming isn't very possible to stop unless all of CC was responsible and smart.
  • I see where your getting at
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    In fact, I believe it’s gone down from recent times although I see your point
  • What Sawa said ahaha.

It took me less than four minutes to type that post I am over here like pew pew pew!

It is just really important for us as players to take part of the responsibility and not put everything to the admins/mods because they are functioning in a limited capacity. Especially with mods often having their hands tied due to policies being implemented several years ago that stunted the abilities to act on scams due to complaints of mods having to much power.
  • What do you even think the developers can do about scammers? It is not up to them to make sure 100% is friendly, and does not cheat or steal. As said above, they are doing their best.
  • Ok I think we found are answears guys Thx
  • We Cant Live CC In a Scamfree Way because I Know Other People will do and do scam what ever cc do
  • I think grey summed it up. The developers have done basically all they can do. If you are buying a level 49 pet, and somebody switches it to a lvl 0, and you get "scammed" (This has happened to me before, and I knew it was my fault. I did not even report the player, because they just used my not paying attention, to cheat me.) Is real life always safe? Are people going to try to cheat you? Yes, you just deal with it and be aware.
  • May Silvers cubits rest in piece :(. Have to watch those sneaky qbees :O.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited August 2018
    It was a red a red balloon :P "SELLING A LEVEL 49 CAT FOR SUPER CHEAP, ONLY 9K!" I still do not know why I fell for that xD
  • TssmTssm Member
    There isn't any way to get lit of every scammer in what ever community, but the developers can just improve the game so there are less scammers and less ways to scam so that's only how it works.

My Gosh. That is powerful stuff, I wouldn't know if there was a rise in scammers because of my absence but I do assume everything's better than before.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited August 2018
    Tssm said:

There isn't any way to get lit of every scammer in what ever community, but the developers can just improve the game so there are less scammers and less ways to scam so that's only how it works.

You have not been playing from the beginning, nor for very long, and you do not know exactly how much they have done. There used to be no cash registers, so players traded with tip piggies, and their trust. Then they added another window to cash registers, and yet people are still getting cheated. It should be to YOU to make sure you are not cheated, not the developers of the game.
  • Nope, everything is fine.
  • In the beginning it was free access to our rooms/realms. Chests were not safe and instead of using sentries it was just cheaper to buy a room and lock it to "Only Me". People could just get all up in your business and raid your junk :O!
  • meh in my opinion i've seen far LESS scams recently.
    there's not been so many scams with what i've seen :b
  • Kim NamoKim Namo Member
    edited August 2018
    Tssm said:

We can't rely on the devs for everything.

Think about it - Kewberth isn't an AI. He is a human with a life - and he even has a baby. If he were to spend almost the entire day working and coming up with scam proof ideas he wouldn't have enough time for himself and his family.

So basically what you said there was -

A baseless opinion that has no scientific foundation and lacks an understanding of the large picture that illustrates the timeline of Cubic Castles.

And also -

You have not been playing from the beginning, nor for very long, and you do not know exactly how much they have done. There used to be no cash registers, so players traded with tip piggies, and their trust. Then they added another window to cash registers, and yet people are still getting cheated. It should be to YOU to make sure you are not cheated, not the developers of the game.

I agree,theres no problem with scamming if noone falls for it and loses items,then the scammers are just wasting their time and will stop but i mean we will probably never get to the point where noone falls for scams.
  • Just don't fall for it. Simple. The more smart you get when it comes to scammers,the less amount of scammers there would be.
  • Just don't fall for it. Simple. The more smart you get when it comes to scammers,the less amount of scammers there would be.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw this discussion.
  • I'm not falling for it.It's just that other people are falling for ithe and I hate it but good thinking :D (I made this to check if more scams are happening in cubic castles but type for the advice I mostly don't care if they ask for permission so I just give them it and permanent ban them from my realm)
  • Also One more thing is I haven't been scammed in a long time I made this also as I HATE other people getting scamed because they work hard and they lose so much and this leads to then quitting cc this has happened to me before and it was not good but unlike some people would quite I came back strong as ever new rooms vends and many more aswell as a cat pet :O now before you say something about this is wrong think if somebody is I need help them they could of been a pro we all have probably been all been in this situation (so think to your self am I helping people out and I doing what's right ) <------ that was just for you scammers out there so read this and make cc a better place :D
  • "Just don't fall for it." I present you the power of persuation, my friend.
  • "Just don't fall for it." I present you the power of persuation, my friend.

Did you read my other comment :/
  • I'm not falling for it.It's just that other people are falling for ithe and I hate it but good thinking :D (I made this to check if more scams are happening in cubic castles but type for the advice I mostly don't care if they ask for permission so I just give them it and permanent ban them from my realm)

Key spirts read this :/