New Feature Idea for Cars - Gas and Rewards.

Intro
Hello everyone! I just had this idea for a new feature involving the cars.

Ever since the cars came out, everyone was hyped. Everyone wanted one, and everyone pretty much got one. But now that time has passed, this addition seemed useless- as huge as it was... I mean, cars! Cars!! It seems like such a huge, important addition to Cubic Castles for everyone to get bored of so quickly.

So here's my idea.

Gasoline and Rewards.

Think about it. Gas for cars would make them atleast a little less boring. They would only run on gasoline, making it valuable. But my second idea holds it all in place, something to stride towards. Maybe cars could literally kill qbees. I know. Scary. And then, everytime you kill one qbee, you'd get a Citation. I bet no one even remembers Citations. But I'm pretty sure they're in the cubit store. Anyway, every 5 citations or so, the player would lose something. This is where I haven't thought of anything. Maybe lose cubits? Or maybe they could add another currency. Not sure. Please leave some comments and tell me what you all think C:

Cya guys!

Comments

• Uhh, no thanks to both ideas.
    1. Cars are fine how they are, and adding gasoline will make it too complicated.
    2. If you want to have PVP, or kill somebody, go use wands. The whole citation thing probably would just be a mess, sorry.
  • Agreed
  • -1 ;-; sorry
  • Ultra.Ultra. Member
    edited August 2018
    The Citation thing could be exploitable, example: Hollawarp everyone bring your cars for free very rares (everyone comes and gets their car then a huge outbreak of dead qbees rapidly increase)
    another example would be the owner then uses acclo rings to go back and forth in the entrance repeatedly killing everyone and bugging out the system, dunno just sounds intriguing but dangerous, another issue that pops into mind is trolls who purposely try to get killed, maybe citations shouldn't do anything bad.
  • SX3SX3 Member
    If gas ever does happen, make sjre its not a cubit stlre thing. If hundreds of noobs who cwnt get c cant use cars, the blood is on your hands bub
  • Perhaps gas could be something in the realm setup. When you place your car in a realm with "Cars Use Gas" = On, it would say "You Need Gas For Your Car!", and you would place a block of gasoline and it lasts for an hour? I dunno, the PvP idea sounds fun, but it should be individual. I think when we hit PvP on, we should have multiple options for it.
  • Yeah, gasoline is unnecessary.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I would say only add the gas thing if cars become craftable.
  • Ultra.Ultra. Member
    edited August 2018
    Perhaps the gasoline could work like a watering can and you refill it in the crafting table with Gasoline then you apply it to your car and as you say,

Perhaps gas could be something in the realm setup. When you place your car in a realm with "Cars Use Gas" = On, it would say "You Need Gas For Your Car!", and you would place a block of gasoline and it lasts for an hour?

It could last an hour or go a particular distance, if it is like how the watering can doesn't cost much (50c for an oil can and some other car related objects) then you just refill with Gasoline/Oil seems easy enough.

Although I must say making cars harder to use seems a bit boring :/ cars are meant for entertainment and fun, but adding a fuel system could just destroy all of that and make it appeal less.
    Personally I wouldn't want to have to refill it because I barely use it and when I do it's only for like 5 minutes or less.

The pvp aspect seems pointless because what will people Actually lose?
    New players could just purposely walk infront of people driving, (same with older ones) although here's my suggestion so I don't completely hate on this.
    If cars were allowed in the overworld and you could kill people that may be a bit more fair (except in events), the penalty for hitting 5 qbees could just be something like 5 minutes in The Cubic Jail, that would make more sense than just losing an item, or you lose your car for 5 minutes both seem like okay penalties. (Sorry for long comment)

• -1 spoils the life of us qbees who have a car but are always broke :(
  • +1 For the fuel idea but not the run in people over idea... If cars need fuel to work, then qbees can create gas stations selling the fuel in vends. It would allow us another way to profit and maybe another use for oil?
  • Cub The CubicCub The Cubic Member
    edited August 2018
    The idea of gas/fuel for the update is pretty...you know...weird.
    When this is used,it could be very annoying. Because every 1 hour,you have to fill your car. It may make sense in logic but still. They also just use loads of your cubits. Anyways,running over QBees to get items is annoying. What if some sort of troll runs over you and spawnkill you over and over? What if there is a giveaway and someone ran over you to get the prize?

If cars were allowed in the overworld and you could kill people that may be a bit more fair (except in events), the penalty for hitting 5 qbees could just be something like 5 minutes in The Cubic Jail, that would make more sense than just losing an item, or you lose your car for 5 minutes both seem like okay penalties. (Sorry for long comment)

I think that would be a bit harsh for that kind of penalty. Sending someone in Cubic Jail for killing people would be harsh. However I agree with you with the losing your car though.
  • Log_er said:

+1 For the fuel idea but not the run in people over idea... If cars need fuel to work, then qbees can create gas stations selling the fuel in vends. It would allow us another way to profit and maybe another use for oil?

I've already made a gas station :). Now we need the ability to fill up!
  • Log_er said:

+1 For the fuel idea but not the run in people over idea... If cars need fuel to work, then qbees can create gas stations selling the fuel in vends. It would allow us another way to profit and maybe another use for oil?

I've already made a gas station :). Now we need the ability to fill up!
    Lol
  • Perhaps the gasoline could work like a watering can and you refill it in the crafting table with Gasoline then you apply it to your car and as you say,

Perhaps gas could be something in the realm setup. When you place your car in a realm with "Cars Use Gas" = On, it would say "You Need Gas For Your Car!", and you would place a block of gasoline and it lasts for an hour?

It could last an hour or go a particular distance, if it is like how the watering can doesn't cost much (50c for an oil can and some other car related objects) then you just refill with Gasoline/Oil seems easy enough.

Although I must say making cars harder to use seems a bit boring :/ cars are meant for entertainment and fun, but adding a fuel system could just destroy all of that and make it appeal less.
    Personally I wouldn't want to have to refill it because I barely use it and when I do it's only for like 5 minutes or less.

The pvp aspect seems pointless because what will people Actually lose?
    New players could just purposely walk infront of people driving, (same with older ones) although here's my suggestion so I don't completely hate on this.

Maybe u could just use oil in a new machine that makes it into gasoline?
    also if u make it use distance then people can use accelorings to make it go down and if you use time then you cant stand still or anything and it just goes down over time
    so both have negatives
  • Thank you all for your comments!