Anti-Scamming Guide In-GAME (V8.5)

Cub The CubicCub The Cubic Member
edited February 2021 in General Chat

How to Avoid Scammers:

Oh hello there! Tired of being scammed? Annoyed about your friends being scammed? Well, you came to the right place!
First of all, what is a scammer?
Well, if you don't know then why are you here?

Now we can talk about them:

Drop Games:
This is a common scam when it is called a ''game''. The scammer's task is to ask players in the lobby if they want to play games or not. These are some of their quotes,
''Who wants to play a game? WITH PRIZES?!''
''Who wants 10K?''
However the first quote doesn't always mean drop games. They sometimes mean other games like bottomless games, etc.
Drop games are scams where you drop your items with another person and the rarest ''wins''.
What actually happens is that they take your items and ban you.

Payaways:
Payaways are quite rare in the game because of how useless they are nowadays. However if you do see one. Make sure you check the place before buying the prizes. There is a 99.9998% chance that it's a scam so DON'T BUY THEM. Payaways are a more evil-like version of Giveaways. They're more like pay-to-lose games.

Free pets!:
Who doesn't likes pets? These adorable little buddies like to play with their owner! That's why scammers use them to fool people. They go around in realms saying, ''WHO WANTS A FREE PET?!'' and then the victim adds them then the scammer goes to their realm. The scammer will say, ''Give me perm or no pet''. The victim gives them perm then the scammer has the chance to destroy the realm and steal the player's stuff.

The Vend Scam:
''OMG DORKMOBILE FOR 100C!'' Now... that may seem cool but actually they increase the price to 100K. Or maybe if they are greedy enough, they could replace it with a dirt block or footsteps! So that's why you should ALWAYS read before you buy from vends.

Permission:
This is quite common as well. In case you didn't know, the scammer says, ''Who needs help with their realm?'' then the victim says me and add him/her. The victim goes to their realm and then the scammer will ask for perm. The victim gives him/her perm. The scammer will steal your stuff and anything that comes its way! It could be your pet! It could be your pets, you never know! So you should stay by the scammer at all costs. But if there is another person in this realm. The scammer will teleport to him and steal everything. That's why you must be careful!

Luck Games:
Luck games are games but luck based, think of it as one of those bad Mario Party minigames. They usually appear as Dice Games. However not all Dice Games are scams. If they're free then it's okay. If it's not... let's just say it doesn't go so well... Pick-A-Block is also one of them unless if they're free. Pick-A-Block is a game where you choose a block and hope you get a good prize.

"Drop your item so I can see it!"
This is pretty self-explanatory, the owner of some realm (idk a funeral?) will ask you to drop an item so "they can see it" when in reality they just want to steal it!

Second Life Scams
This one is the most common as they usually appear in bomb games (or any other game) and it is a controversial topic around players. There is a 50% chance that they are scams and there is another 50% chance they're not.
Second lives are there for the owner to make money during their games. They are made for the players to buy a second life when they want another chance to get that juicy prize.
These second lives are warps so that the player can teleport back to the game.
For the scamming part, the warps teleport them somewhere else or they just don't work at all.
*This is why you shouldn't trust strangers that fast*

Rent Scams:
Rent scams are, you guessed it, scams that involve rentals.
This is surprisingly rare but there is still a chance of getting scammed by it.
Basically, there is a rare item in glass, and you really want it. Then you rent it for some cubits and find out that there was a block underneath it that prevents you from getting the item.

Cash Register Scams:
This one has been suggested so I'll put it here. This one is more harder to catch (possibly the hardest yet) and it requires you to be paranoid.
The scammer (the seller) will claim to sell a Level 49 pet, you trade it with him for let's say, 10m cubits (unrealistic, I know) and he sneakily replaces that pet with a lower level pet (level 0) causing you to waste all your cubits, on something that was worth 3-4k at most.

That's it for today! Suggest them down here if I missed some!

Comments

• or just dont communicate with ppl easy
  • or just dont communicate with ppl easy

Lol why? Lets say u want to try makin friends, or bored and want to play someone’s games.
    Hes htrying to help and its like ur pointing its pointless, but yeh anyways
    Thx for this good guide! Keep it up.

Oh btw you missed the vends scam, for example: Holla said He sells a Dork car for 1k! But theres a scaffold blockin. Once he opened, for sure people will buy it quickly since they thought its cheap, but the price is ctually 10k which is More than the price at c store!
  • A scam is something that is a scheme created to get something from someone. It never changes. So to say "in cubic castles..." is affecting the truth a bit. There are many threads about this, so we don't really need a new one. I don't mean to "mini mod", it's just the words Scamander scammer are WAY overused. Find a new word!

https://www.thesaurus.com
  • Asking for perm, telling you to drop your item to look at it, other stuff
  • But I want scamming?
  • IridescentIridescent In your toilet.Member
    pious said:

But I want scamming?

get outta here, pREP
  • Cub The CubicCub The Cubic Member
    edited August 2018

A scam is something that is a scheme created to get something from someone. It never changes. So to say "in cubic castles..." is affecting the truth a bit. There are many threads about this, so we don't really need a new one. I don't mean to "mini mod", it's just the words Scamander scammer are WAY overused. Find a new word!

https://www.thesaurus.com

I edited the scam meaning. Plus scammer is supposed to be used in Cubic Castles when people steal stuff. Plus your not mini-modding. Plus what if the other threads are outdated?
    What if there different and it's OUTSIDE the game?
  • B U M P
  • Bump!
  • BUMP!
  • Don't Forget Chance Games Either ;D
  • The game needs more scams.
    edited August 2018
    LateCom said:

the people who fall for these pet perms and help perms might not have much at all to be taken away... though its okay. you missed out talking about malicious websites son.

Oh oops. I was supposed to say In-GAME. XD
    peanutz said:

Don't Forget Chance Games Either ;D

What's a chance game?
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited August 2018
    FYI it's not want's. It's wants
    *cringes to death*
    I took this as a joke until now.. Why does this thread exist at all? Aren't there other threads about the same thing?
    edited August 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

*cringes to death*
    I took this as a joke until now.. Why does this thread exist at all? Aren't there other threads about the same thing?

Nope. Most of them are outside the game.
    *cringes to death*
    I am just trying to help you guys but there's ALWAYS people thinking my guides are pointless.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited August 2018

lucaaa795 said:

*cringes to death*

*cringes to death*
    I am just trying to help you guys but there's ALWAYS people thinking my guides are pointless.
    Well I do think that and I wont change my mind any soon.. I do recall however the existence of at least another 2 similar guides on the forum..
    Took me one minute to find a thread thats quite old, but still gold.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1149/awareness-vs-scams#latest
  • B U M P
  • There are also those scammers who claim to have been scammed and ask for help xD

And also those who swap the thing in the cash register with an exactly same thing that is inferior from what you have agreed upon. For example, swapping a 33x33 room to a 5x5 room without saying so, making you pay for more than you should
  • AdamINDOmixYTAdamINDOmixYT Member
    edited September 2018
    Im got scam again here why

He manipulate me by donate a item and he say me to drop the Item and he say "wait there" or "stand there" and he going banned me out of realm

And

Im out to collect stuff and someone get my usefull(or useless) and basic soil and new wood block that im make by myself

But now im learn to avoid scammer
  • lucaaa795 said:

*cringes to death*

*cringes to death*
    Not to be toxic, but the supermajority of the people who would fall for these scams don't use the forums.
  • lucaaa795 said:

*cringes to death*

*cringes to death*
    Not to be toxic, but the supermajority of the people who would fall for these scams don't use the forums.
    I know THAT. I was just telling Lucaaa to stop being negative.
    (I don't think that was a good idea... ;-;)
  • lucaaa795 said:

*cringes to death*

*cringes to death*
    If you KNOW THAT why did you makr this thread?
  • lucaaa795 said:

*cringes to death*

*cringes to death*
    I just did just in case people would come to this forum and see this. This is for the people that read this.
    edited June 2020
    I know this thread (including me) hasn't aged well but BUMP.

lucaaa795 said:

*cringes to death*

*cringes to death*
    I'm pretty sure everyone could say the same in BJDWare's thread.

lucaaa795 said:

*cringes to death*

*cringes to death*
    I made this thread to stop scams because there are people in the forums complaining that they've been scammed (in discussions that are not in Scam Reports).
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for informing scammers about the best way to scam people
    Nice guide
  • bumpbumpbump
  • I write this comment because of 2 things:
    First, this is good for new players or players who never got scammed and trust alot of people.
    Second, i want this discssion to be on the top of the recent tab.
  • Bump