New Holla/Hollawarp system.

tionofftionoff Member
edited August 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
This is my idea for easier to do holla/hollawarps. Instead of typing it out, you could go to a menu and click either "Hollawarp" or "Holla" then lets you type your message. When you complete your message, it gives you a pop-up that tells you what you said, and an extra confirmation if you want to make your message. Maybe there could be an extra "How do these work?" section that when you click on it, it tells you what a Holla/Hollawarp is. It could get rid of people not knowing how to holla doing things like manually typing out "click here to hollawarp" thinking it would turn it into a hollawarp.

Edit: Instead of the pop up showing up every single time you make a holla, they could add a box that you check if you don't want to see it again, or make it show only once.

Comments

• +1
    yes
    that's all i have to say
    -technically a qbee
    When you purchase hollawarps, there is already a [?] in the top corner that you click on for all info on hollawarps. I dislike the idea of pop-up messages. There’s enough as is.
  • tionofftionoff Member
    edited August 2018
    Pious said:

When you purchase hollawarps, there is already a [?] in the top corner that you click on for all info on hollawarps. I dislike the idea of pop-up messages. There’s enough as is.

Well, sometimes people don't take time to read things or they doesn't notice the [?]. Maybe they could have the pop-up only show one time, or add an option to never see the pop up again. Plus, there's still the feature of clicking "holla" not typing it out that you haven't given your opinion on.

• typing 5 or 9 letters is hard?
  • My opinion for whole lot of it is -1.
    Is that enough clarification?
    If people don’t click the [?] that is their fault.
    If you don’t read a terms of service and agree to sell your soul, that’s on you. It’s the same concept.
  • typing 5 or 9 letters is hard?

No, it's not, but it's hard for people to understand how hollas work with alot of people manually typing out "click here to hollawarp."
  • All this takes is reading over your holla while you type if this is even necessary and if you're on a phone, rip. Just look, then hit send. As said above, it gives you all the information in the store, it even tells you when you purchase.
  • tionofftionoff Member
    edited August 2018

All this takes is reading over your holla while you type if this is even necessary and if you're on a phone, rip. Just look, then hit send. As said above, it gives you all the information in the store, it even tells you when you purchase.

Not trying to be rude, but most people on cubic castles can't even comprehend basic spelling, so I'm also going to assume that they aren't going to read their message over.

And still, an option to let players CLICK holla/hollawarp will remove players manually typing out "click here to hollawarp." People do not know how to read important things sometimes. And yes, I know that it tells you the information, but there are still players using it incorrectly, so that's not doing much help.
  • Hyperion.Hyperion. Member
    edited August 2018
    Based on some of your points Tionoff, you could argue that some people wouldn't even know the difference between holla and hollawarp since its usually low levels that get this wrong and they wouldn't know the difference....
  • Usually, there are players who send hollas to tell them what to do or a mod with a broadcast.
  • I think maybe you could also have a section where you can choose holla tags, like realm tags but holla version. Some could be Shop, Giveaway, Hangout, Game, etc.

I think this would help others understand and save some cubits along the way so pros dont have to tell the noobs how to holla right. C:
  • I think maybe you could also have a section where you can choose holla tags, like realm tags but holla version. Some could be Shop, Giveaway, Hangout, Game, etc.

I think this would help others understand and save some cubits along the way so pros dont have to tell the noobs how to holla right. C:

That's quite a good idea.

• +0 I like the idea of the hollawarp confirmation but the other nope