We NEED a new Holla setting.

Too many times, when I'm chilling and hosting an event, a player thinks its somehow a good idea to Holla giveaway in the room. People rush in, the players who are doing the event get pissed, prizes run out super fast and I just feel sad for all the effort to make the event as fair as possible, going down the sewer.
I REALLY need a setting to limit who can holla in your room. It shouldn't be too hard to make. In the realm setting there should be an option "Who can holla here" and options could be "Only me" "Trusted only" and "Anyone"
This would stop all the fake giveaway hollas and people ruining your mining peace, events, building peace etc. Just please, for the third time I got upset when someone hollad in the room as I was running an event. This needs to stop.

Comments

• edited August 2018
    lock the room after it starts also +1
  • TssmTssm Member
    Really good idea actually but you better move your discussion to the right topic-> Suggestions & Comments
  • +1 some people don't get a chance at prizes, and also...
    Tssm said:

Really good idea actually but you better move your discussion to the right topic-> Suggestions & Comments

Hello there, mini mod '-'
  • @tssm is just helping >.>
    This might be useful, though I don't really see a point. Could you just lock the realm?
  • TssmTssm Member
    nah just ask a moderator to close it
  • Close what?
  • TssmTssm Member
    the discussion
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Tssm said:

the discussion

???
  • He thinks he can close somebody else's discussion, I think.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Please leave moderation to the forum staff and stay on topic.
  • MarshkaMarshka Member
    edited August 2018
    What? This topic is in the right section. I posted this into "Suggestions and Comments" And so it says in the start of the discussion..

• @tssm is just helping >.>
    This might be useful, though I don't really see a point. Could you just lock the realm?

It's not about me not wanting anyone coming in to give me company when I'm e.g building, but it's about them finding it funny to get the room packed with people by hollaing "Giveaway".

This doesn't really work, because people might join the event late. When you holla for an event, the flood of people doesn't really end anywhere, and I'd hate to leave people out from the event because I closed it.

• It should be set to only trusted players can holla like the shouts are set up
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yup +1

Can be irritating sometimes, what i ussually do is i put down a warp anchor with glass around it, let it stay open, and as soon as someone hollas giveaway i close the warp anchor and just mute the realm and wait till most are away, then if everyone coming to the giveaway holla is gone or atleast most then i open it again
  • +1 @SirKewberth @CosmicCow it isn't soo hard to make ( I think ) ,and its good, can fix it ? like : who can HOLLAWARP HERE ,cuz holla no have any problem
  • What about paying players to holla for you? Would you have to give them perm? :/
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Log_er said:

What about paying players to holla for you? Would you have to give them perm? :/

You can also temporarely turn off the option and turn it on after its done
  • Chief SoloChief Solo Member
    edited August 2018
    Well this is necessary and I tell you an important reason @CosmicCow and @SirKewberth ... When @Space_fetus 's Big mystery was released... Someone did a hollawarp at the last stage -the maze... And somehow people spawned on the ground not the anchor... And people completed the maze quick and took the luck keys... No equality for us who reached there after finishing the riddles
    Chief12 said:

Well this is necessary and I tell you an important reason @CosmicCow and @SirKewberth ... When @Space_fetus 's Big mystery was released... Someone did a hollawarp at the last stage -the maze... And somehow people spawned on the ground not the anchor... And people completed the maze quick and took the luck keys... No equality for us who reached there after finishing the riddles

Warp Anchors. That one room most likely had no such block.
    Also this suggestion is not intended for such cases. The OP basically wants a "who can join this realm? -- Trusteds only" feature. This feature would not help in your case.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Hrm.. I'll think on this one. I think it might be a good feature to add.
  • Marshka said:

Too many times, when I'm chilling and hosting an

Yeah it be wise there is like 5 more reports about this thanks :D
  • Opps well thanks Sir Keberth

3 years later and over 1000 similar suggestions you finally comment on it.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    LateCom said:

one problem thoguh... if a scam occurs and you want to notify players to be careful.. owner just set it to only he can make holla, ahem ahem awais.7 ahem ahem go.xD ahem ahem kahamala ahem

Go to lobby and Holla, then be told by a moderator that the holla system isn’t for reporting players.
  • Marshka said:

@tssm is just helping >.>

It's not about me not wanting anyone coming in to give me company when I'm e.g building, but it's about them finding it funny to get the room packed with people by hollaing "Giveaway".

This doesn't really work, because people might join the event late. When you holla for an event, the flood of people doesn't really end anywhere, and I'd hate to leave people out from the event because I closed it.

Okay but they're saying that this could be avoided easily by locking the room, +1 but there's ways to avoid this
  • Chief SoloChief Solo Member
    edited August 2018
    Ashibug said:

Marshka said:

Okay but they're saying that this could be avoided easily by locking the room, +1 but there's ways to avoid this
    It can't be avoided much... Like what if u are making a bomb game which is not yet ready but someone hollawarp and people get frustrated at owner and don't come back when he Hollas again
    Chief12 said:

Ashibug said:

Marshka said:

It can't be avoided much... Like what if u are making a bomb game which is not yet ready but someone hollawarp and people get frustrated at owner and don't come back when he Hollas again
    Bro you can always keep the realm locked until whatever youre doing is finished.
    I'd rather see a "who can join this realm? --- trusteds only" than a "who can holla in this realm? --- trustdets only" feature.
    Mostly because of
    LateCom said:

one problem thoguh... if a scam occurs and you want to notify players to be careful.. owner just set it to only he can make holla, ahem ahem awais.7 ahem ahem go.xD ahem ahem kahamala ahem

this and not only.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

Chief12 said:

Ashibug said:

Marshka said:

Bro you can always keep the realm locked until whatever youre doing is finished.
    I'd rather see a "who can join this realm? --- trusteds only" than a "who can holla in this realm? --- trustdets only" feature.
    Mostly because of
    LateCom said:

this and not only.
    Agree.
  • Marshka said:

Too many times, when I'm chilling and hosting an event, a player thinks its somehow a good idea to Holla giveaway in the room. People rush in, the players who are doing the event get pissed, prizes run out super fast and I just feel sad for all the effort to make the event as fair as possible, going down the sewer.
    I REALLY need a setting to limit who can holla in your room. It shouldn't be too hard to make. In the realm setting there should be an option "Who can holla here" and options could be "Only me" "Trusted only" and "Anyone"
    This would stop all the fake giveaway hollas and people ruining your mining peace, events, building peace etc. Just please, for the third time I got upset when someone hollad in the room as I was running an event. This needs to stop.

This is very true even though this has not happened to me it has happened to my friends and I agree there should be a “who can holla here” tab in the setup
  • Bump!+1