I want to build a new and better lobby.

*KeySpirits**KeySpirits* Member
edited August 2018 in General Chat
First of all, i want to make clear that i have nothing against minimalism, i strongly believe that too many details can ruin a potentially good building, (at least, if they are placed wrongly) and that a simple construction made with the minimun can look extremly good.

The problem is that there's a thin line between simple, minimalist...
And plain lazy.

"Ah, you gotta love that refreshing contemporary style."

I heard somewhere that who made the lobby is the creator of the game, im not sure of that, but if that's true, then i applaud you for the hard work that making a game is, but not always a programer is a designer too.

But since i dont know who made it...

I dont wish to criticize the work of whoever made the lobby, but im pretty sure that i could do a much better work, having in mind the followind:

1- The lobby must be intuitive, a new player has to be comfortable with the location of every door and find quick what they're searching for.

2- The lobby must represent what CC players are capable of. There are so many great builders out there, give them an opportunity to give this game a needed new look!

3- The lobby must be a place of gatherings. Wanna find out what i mean? gimme the job!

The new lobby might even encourage others to push CC at it's limits and make other unbeliably nice places too.

For those who dont know me or my creations, here's an example:

5k and a few days to prepare the materials and build will do.

Comments

• TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
    edited August 2018
    I think the lobby is nice the way it is. It's simple, easy to find what you're looking for, and there aren't any extra large or unneeded decorations that get in the way of the camera..I feel like too many large and fancy buildings will make it too hard to see and kind of complicated for such a small simple lobby...I don't know. I might be getting at the wrong thing here, but I personally like the cute little details on the buildings now.
  • EiarEiar Member
    I also personally feel that the current Lobby is fine as it is.

I think the main reason is because it's so newbie-friendly, meaning any player—new or old—can easily access it and find what they're looking for.

Though, I'd still love to see what your build may be like.
  • *KeySpirits**KeySpirits* Member
    edited August 2018

I think the lobby is nice the way it is. It's simple, easy to find what you're looking for, and there aren't any extra large or unneeded decorations that get in the way of the camera..I feel like too many large and fancy buildings will make it too hard to see and kind of complicated for such a small simple lobby...I don't know. I might be getting at the wrong thing here, but I personally like the cute little details on the buildings now.

I never said the old one doesnt have any of these characteristics, i was listing the things that i should follow if i ever make one.
    I dont find it simple, but lazy, extremely lazy, and things getting on the view and and unnecesarily large places aren't planned for it, whenever i build, i put the exact amount of datail needed and no more, using limited space.
  • I believe one of the administrators once said that the Lobby is supposed to remain simple. This is to prevent players from becoming confused on where to go and what to do. Sure you can add a variety of blocks to the buildings in the lobby and add a few more details, while still remaining simple and eye catching, but the lobby’s purpose is to serve as a lobby. It is to merely guide you to other realms and help you.
  • I believe one of the administrators once said that the Lobby is supposed to remain simple. This is to prevent players from becoming confused on where to go and what to do. Sure you can add a variety of blocks to the buildings in the lobby and add a few more details, while still remaining simple and eye catching, but the lobby’s purpose is to serve as a lobby. It is to merely guide you to other realms and help you.

I hate when people's intelligence is understimated, you wont get lost by having a more detailed and nicer lobby, and i already told you, if my task were to -textually- make a simple lobby, i'd make it batter than the current one, which is lazy and lacks of any imagination.

The common sense tells me that the realm that people visits the most should at least look good.
  • edited August 2018
    I would like a reinvented lobby and town center :D! Not that because I think anything is wrong with either but I feel that they need a bit more wow factor. The amount of available blocks and what we can build has come far. This being a voxel based game I think it is important to have a professional polished appearance that represents what one can do. First impressions are important and it would help sell what an awesome game CC is. It would need to be a balance of simple yet intricate. Plus I like makeovers, like us getting a menu makeover was SPECTACULAR. Change is nice for the eyes.
  • I would like a reinvented lobby and town center :D! Not that because I think anything is wrong with either but I feel that they need a bit more wow factor. The amount of available blocks and what we can build has come far. This being a voxel based game I think it is important to have a professional polished appearance that represents what one can do. First impressions are important and it would help sell what an awesome game CC is. It would need to be a balance of simple yet intricate. Plus I like makeovers, like us getting a menu makeover was SPECTACULAR. Change is nice for the eyes.

Why not join up both? the town center is empty these days and only used for dropping raffle tokens. I think the lobby bumpers and destination should be in the town center and maybe rebuilt. I would like to see a bigger realm with a nice town changing each season, a large realm capacity so lots of people can enter and more. The current realm seems too crowded with different things with nobody in there to use them. Ofcourse have a quick way to get around the place like accello rings or using the bumper
  • I wish the lobby was converted into just another menu you can open up as a character, making the “lobbies” obsolete. All they’d have to do is tack on the Adventure Mode to the menu that opens up when you bump the bumper in the lobby.
    Of course, the naysayers would say, oh, but what of the gatherings?
    Lobbies are used for these purposes:
    #1: Teleporting elsewhere.
    #2: Promoting a store.
    #3: Scamming.
    #4: Cursing at minors.
    #5: Idling.
    Cubic Castles could add instead a new type of place where players can gather to socialize, or continue to promote their stores, but allow people to teleport there via. their own menu. Instead of having a lobby, we’d have a hub. The hub could be very massive and hold like 50-75 players per “instance” allowing for more exposure to the entrepreneurs and more people to meet and mingle with.
    I dunno’. Result of my brainstorming. Anyways, time for me to sleep. Adios.
  • I would like a reinvented lobby and town center :D! Not that because I think anything is wrong with either but I feel that they need a bit more wow factor. The amount of available blocks and what we can build has come far. This being a voxel based game I think it is important to have a professional polished appearance that represents what one can do. First impressions are important and it would help sell what an awesome game CC is. It would need to be a balance of simple yet intricate. Plus I like makeovers, like us getting a menu makeover was SPECTACULAR. Change is nice for the eyes.

This is what i mean, yes! New ideas and inventions by those who truly put heart in their works, and as you said, "to have a professional polished appearance that represents what one can do. First impressions are important and it would help sell what an awesome game CC is."
    is very true, not many are open to changes and reject an idea before even trying...
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    I like it as it is.
  • lucaaa795 said:

I like it as it is.

Of course you do, Lucaaa.
  • Wow Pious that is really smart! I defiantly dislike the lobby because it is unnecessary walking. Yes you could say we have warp food but honestly how much warp food does a person have to carry. It be nice if we could some have a form of the search bumper/menu option that allows us to search for realms along with going to the main realms like the town center without having to walk to the doors to get to where we need. Pious make a suggestion thread please since it is your idea.

I would not mind the town center and the lobby being combined but the problem I see with this is the lobby needs to be simple and clean. For a town center I would like something more decked out and less practical. For it to be a hang out place and encourage a gathering place for socialization.
  • Wow Pious that is really smart! I defiantly dislike the lobby because it is unnecessary walking. Yes you could say we have warp food but honestly how much warp food does a person have to carry. It be nice if we could some have a form of the search bumper/menu option that allows us to search for realms along with going to the main realms like the town center without having to walk to the doors to get to where we need. Pious make a suggestion thread please since it is your idea.

I would not mind the town center and the lobby being combined but the problem I see with this is the lobby needs to be simple and clean. For a town center I would like something more decked out and less practical. For it to be a hang out place and encourage a gathering place for socialization.

You take it. I don’t wanna’.
  • Unnecesary walking lmao....
    The extremes are never good, removing the lobby for having negative uses is as bad as leaving it like it is and not care about trying to solve it's flaws.

Anyways, this all started as just a request of mine to make an aesthetical change, dont do off topic please...

• These types of threads were already made in the past and the devs usually said that if they think that the lobby should, because of some reasons be changed, they will change it themselves (i hardly believe they would give this task to a player or a group of them)

You may find it boring, lazy and imaginative and this is Your perception of it.Everyone has a different view on the lobby and just because of opinions of a few players, i dont think anything will take action once again.

I do like the simplicity of the lobby and dont think it should change. So what if i have to walk a few blocks to the portals? Even if i dont want to, we have the search bumper.

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited August 2018

You may find it boring, lazy and imaginative and this is Your perception of it.Everyone has a different view on the lobby and just because of opinions of a few players, i dont think anything will take action once again.

It's not like he will get to work to "rebuild" the lobby at all.
    Don't get me wrong but the lobby itself contains a lot of things that only the admins should use/touch. And it also contains a lot of code that was put togheter especially for it.
  • edited August 2018
    I did wrote that if the lobby will be changed, it will be done by admins/devs.
    lucaaa795 said:

It's not like he will get to work to "rebuild" the lobby at all.
    Don't get me wrong but the lobby itself contains a lot of things that only the admins should use/touch. And it also contains a lot of code that was put togheter especially for it.

These types of threads were already made in the past and the devs usually said that if they think that the lobby should, because of some reasons be changed, they will change it themselves (i hardly believe they would give this task to a player or a group of them)

I do like the simplicity of the lobby and dont think it should change. So what if i have to walk a few blocks to the portals? Even if i dont want to, we have the search bumper.

• well it wouldnt be fair if you built it xD
  • I kind of like how the current lobby is small and simple but it could use a change every so often. It should highlight to new players what they can build in cc but it shouldn't be too hard to navigate around.