Cubic Castles in Steam is getting annoying

Wade PrevossWade Prevoss Member
edited July 2018 in Bug Reports
Well..
It Happened again, I Couldn't open cubic castles because of Corrupted or missing file? smth like dat

i Try Reinstall still the same thing
I Deleted the files and reinstall and still the same
i deleted and restarted my pc and reinstall and... its still the same!

This is why You Need Improving, for some moments my connection is slow, so Waiting for the Download takes ages, and i Will delete it again once it didnt work, do u have any sollutions for this? :/

@SirKewberth @CosmicCow

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?! ;-; MY PEOPLES ARE WAITING FOR ME

Comments

• Maybe try verifying the integrity of the files, shown in pictures in the spoiler.

• I often get the corrupted/missing file what helps me is I open up steam directly then click on it to which it then goes thru an update. The new trial I been going thru is it keeps red flagging CC as a virus and I have to turn off my anti virus to play CC. Hope you get it sorted ^_^
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    The same thing is happening to me too, so annoying. I think I'm gonna go to support with it and see what they tell me there though.
  • The 007The 007 PortugalMember
    I'm having the same trouble, what I ussually do when this sort of thing happens, is going to CC's website and download it from therre, but now, it redirects me to the steam page, and so I cant use this method anymore.

I too reinstaled the game, checked integrity of the files (and it was fine), and did what Grey said, but I am still unable to open it.

Any help would be much appreciated ^^
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    What I did today was uninstall the game, cleared my download cache from steam, relaunched steam and installed CC again. It was all good after that. ^^
  • I often get the corrupted/missing file what helps me is I open up steam directly then click on it to which it then goes thru an update. The new trial I been going thru is it keeps red flagging CC as a virus and I have to turn off my anti virus to play CC. Hope you get it sorted ^_^

I Did, I Turned it off, Still the same thing happened

Maybe try verifying the integrity of the files, shown in pictures in the spoiler.

Lemme try
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    I'm not having the same problem but mine keeps running in the background even after closing, I have to end it on task manager.
  • Wandering FoxWandering Fox Member
    edited July 2018
    Miwky said:

I'm not having the same problem but mine keeps running in the background even after closing, I have to end it on task manager.

Same here. Game closes but still thinks it is running in the background. Silly program, I'll just end you in the Task Manager!

But seriously speaking, it is getting very annoying.
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited July 2018
    CC files missing:

Oh god you have no idea how long I spent with Sid trying to solve this problem on mine.

From what I understand AVG saw something in CC while wasn't right, in fact this might of even been a problem on the non-Steam version anyway. Sid actually told me the next day he got the same problem and he just manually put in into exceptions and it worked, for me this didn't work but considering all the file replacing that I tried before changing it to an exception it might of been my own fault making the files an exception didn't initially work. AVG was picking up Cubic.exe and a couple other things in the game files as malware, though I do think Cubic.exe was the main root issue. I assume this is the same issue you have and if you use an anti-virus I recommend seeing if its picking up Cubic Castles. To clarify for others here the reasoning verifying file integrity doesn't work is because the minute the game is launched AVG quarantines the file. For AVG when this happens you need to open quarantine scan it, restore it and make it an exception. It also occurred to me the problem might be when it was quarantined I didn't initially scan the file from quarantine, I had already added it to exceptions and it wasn't working so when I scanned it (the moment where CC started working again) its possible that since it was already an exception the making it an exception did work I just needed to scan it also, so make sure to scan it then make it an exception. Apart from a similar situation with Gmod that was much more easily fixed I've never had this issue before with Steam or AVG. If Anti-Virus isn't the issue I'm not sure what it could be if you've tried replacing everything.

CC remaining after being closed:
    This from what I understand has always been a problem with Steam CC and I have no idea why. I think it just happens with Steam sometimes where if a game doesn't close correctly it will continue to run in the background, this also happens with me and Injustice 2 and this can be a problem for 2 reasons: The first is that you can't run because its already running and the second is because it takes up performance, though less in CC's case. Its not really a problem, just close it from Task Manager, happens to me all the time.
  • just open it directly in steamapps/cubiccastles.
    there problem solved.
  • m.maakin said:

just open it directly in steamapps/cubiccastles.
    there problem solved.

You can but generally it would just be better to fix it.
  • I have the same problem
  • *Banano* said:

I have the same problem

I remember when I was first trying to fix this 'Why am I only getting this problem?' and I went out my way to ask people like Sid on Steam 'Hey, are you also getting this problem?' and it seemed to only be effecting me. The next day Sid tells me he had the same issue and resolved it immediately.... Then I see a bunch of Forum posts about it.

• Log_erLog_er Member
    I think it's your PC or you may have deleted some files. Steam runs cc just fine. But does anyone know why f12 doesn't let me take screenshots with steam? I checked and that's my hotkey for it.
  • Daresx11Daresx11 Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited July 2018
    If the avast gives you problems, look at this guide, http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/22504/how-to-solve-problem-cubic-exe-virus-detection#latest , maybe can help you :)