Does Cubic castles have a virus?

AshibugAshibug Member
edited October 2017 in Bug Reports
Okay, so when Installing Cubic castles Windows Defender has given me pop-ups saying they have detected Malware, and that they are uninstalling it.

Windows defender CAME with my laptop and is an HP certified program, so no this isn't a virus trying to give me a virus.
Cubic castles force uninstalls after a while, and I'm just a bit concerned..

I've been using CC for as long as I can remember- so I doubt it's a virus.
but why am I getting the alerts now?

EDIT: This error has been occurring since last night. I reinstalled CC today because of it constantly uninstalling and the download installer eventually told me they stopped the installation due to finding some sort of malware/virus

Got an image.

Comments

• SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    Windows defender loves to tell you something is a virus when in fact it is not, probably just some kind of false positive.
  • Siddd said:

Windows defender loves to tell you something is a virus when in fact it is not, probably just some kind of false positive.

Okay, thanks! :P
  • Cubic castles false virus for Sorry NOT ( Windows Defender OFF )
  • Yes it is very much a false positive- but I have received 3 different reports about this in the last week. We're going to issue a new Windows version within the next few days, which will be re-signed etc. *Hopefully* the problem is solved just by that.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Mine doesn't find a virus (or at least doesn't TELL me it's found one) and still doesn't install :'D
    Good thing I have steam xD
  • @CosmicCow thanks soo >:3
  • Windows is bugged! I keep getting this Windows Certified thing magically on my laptop to upgrade to Windows 10 even though i'm using 10. Grr Windows is bad. They really need to fix their issues so it stops messing with us gamers!
  • it's not a virus, i have norton and it was fine until today
    for some reason cubic castles got detected as a virus
    and i guess deleted, because i can't play it (invalid platform even though i'm on pc)
  • SpyroTF said:

it's not a virus, i have norton and it was fine until today
    for some reason cubic castles got detected as a virus
    and i guess deleted, because i can't play it (invalid platform even though i'm on pc)

Yo how do you even find these? It dates back to October 2017 :v
This discussion has been closed.