New life force ( new mob in a jar)

i tought you can get the life force thingy in a jar from the deep mine.i always got fairys there. i also want to know how to get the new dust ( artifact dust)

Comments

• ;-;

for real?

;-;

that....that... ok.... but how to get the life force?
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    Agree the current recipe is silly and wastes artifacts; especially when we already had fairies in a jar that aren't used for much right now....they would have been perfect as the 'life force'...and they are ALIVE unlike artifacts. *SMH*
  • b3achy said:

Agree the current recipe is silly and wastes artifacts; especially when we already had fairies in a jar that aren't used for much right now....they would have been perfect as the 'life force'...and they are ALIVE unlike artifacts. *SMH*

It is a bad recipe, but the fairy in a jar has a good use :)
  • b3achyb3achy Member

b3achy said:

Other than bringing fairies back to your realm and releasing them to catch them again, what's the point of fairies in a jar? Is there something I've forgotten? Can you set them on a shelf? I don't see them used in any recipes yet.

The artifacts already had a great use ... to build out the pictures with a set of them (it was like a sub-game within the game to find/collect them). And now you have to destroy a super rare item to make things needed for gameplay. The virtual equivalent of destroying a historic site to put up a modern office building. *SMH*
  • b3achy said:

b3achy said:

Other than bringing fairies back to your realm and releasing them to catch them again, what's the point of fairies in a jar? Is there something I've forgotten? Can you set them on a shelf? I don't see them used in any recipes yet.

The artifacts already had a great use ... to build out the pictures with a set of them (it was like a sub-game within the game to find/collect them). And now you have to destroy a super rare item to make things needed for gameplay. The virtual equivalent of destroying a historic site to put up a modern office building. *SMH*
    Ikr? Why implement something so annoying? And fairy in a jar keeps fairy’s stored until you wish to get magic dust
  • b3achyb3achy Member

b3achy said:

b3achy said:

Ikr? Why implement something so annoying? And fairy in a jar keeps fairy’s stored until you wish to get magic dust
    Okay, fair enough, they are currently used for storage. I wasn't sure if I was missing their use in a recipe or an ability for decorative display of them (which would be cool IMO).

True that fairies do provide needed fairy dust, so if you used up the fairy in a jar for a recipe you'd be needing to make a choice...use them for a recipe or release them to get fairy dust for other recipes. At least though, there are an unlimited number of fairies - they are just tough to catch without a good process...but that process to catch them increases their value. I'm surprised there isn't already a need for 'fairy hunters' in the game, as it can be a fun sub-game as well.
  • ZerikZerik Member
    What does the life force do?
  • Zerik said:

It’s used in crafting sentries
  • ZerikZerik Member

Zerik said:

Oh so it's no sense to waste a fossil
  • Zerik said:

Zerik said:

Exactly! It’s ridiculous :(
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited July 2018
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe the Life Force will be used to craft Spudbugs and Slymes. There's also an empty mob crate in the Blocks tab on the website, but it's not available to get just yet. That's why the life force is expensive to make. SirKewberth said he will probably increase the output of sentries when you craft them, so you'll get more than 1 sentry when you craft it.
    Just hang in there, guys, the devs will get this all fixed up and polished in no time ;)

The average price of a fossil or cave art is around 500c. If personal sentries are 100c each (store price), then maybe you'll get around 5-6 per craft. Who knows.
    Password sentries are 150c each, so I would guess you'd get 3-4 of those.
  • JackFury said:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the Life Force will be used to craft Spudbugs and Slymes. There's also an empty mob crate in the Blocks tab on the website, but it's not available to get just yet. That's why the life force is expensive to make. SirKewberth said he will probably increase the output of sentries when you craft them, so you'll get more than 1 sentry when you craft it.
    Just hang in there, guys, the devs will get this all fixed up and polished in no time ;)

The average price of a fossil or cave art is around 500c. If personal sentries are 100c each (store price), then maybe you'll get around 5-6 per craft. Who knows.
    Password sentries are 150c each, so I would guess you'd get 3-4 of those.

Can you give a link to where SirKewberth said that?
  • I may actually do someting like that.. increase the number of sentries though.. not powder.. because the powder will be used elswehere as well. Or maybe the powder... I'll give it some thought. I was thinking some of the older cave art etc.. stuff was pretty common now since they've been around a long time.

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    More updates coming soon.. Will do some balancing on the powder/artifact thing. A few more recipes.
  • Flooks said:

I may actually do someting like that.. increase the number of sentries though.. not powder.. because the powder will be used elswehere as well. Or maybe the powder... I'll give it some thought. I was thinking some of the older cave art etc.. stuff was pretty common now since they've been around a long time.

Thanks Flooks!

More updates coming soon.. Will do some balancing on the powder/artifact thing. A few more recipes.

YAY!!! Thanks for listening! And more recipes :O
    Thx again!
  • Zerik said:

Zerik said:

1. didnt expect so many people to discuss this.
    2. its useless to destroy artifacts for just a sentry. ( artifact 200-400c, sentry 20-100c)

i hope you do good kewb. maybe make the new mob findable only from deep forest mine and dust obtainable from the mob if u catch it (to make it a challange,maybe make so that most of the time it gives normal fairy dust or so and 20-30% chance for artifact dust ;-; )

• $!zzY$ said:

Zerik said:

Zerik said:

1. didnt expect so many people to discuss this.
    2. its useless to destroy artifacts for just a sentry. ( artifact 200-400c, sentry 20-100c)

i hope you do good kewb. maybe make the new mob findable only from deep forest mine and dust obtainable from the mob if u catch it (to make it a challange,maybe make so that most of the time it gives normal fairy dust or so and 20-30% chance for artifact dust ;-; )

I already said you'll be getting more than 1 sentry per artifact.
    And the Life Force isn't a mob.
  • More updates coming soon.. Will do some balancing on the powder/artifact thing. A few more recipes.

Craftable artifacts?! O.o jk
  • DjedoDjedo Member

Or maybe new kind of artifact that is not so rare and dont have pictures on it

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

That'd better be the modern stuff and the cardboard box
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited July 2018
    Djedo said:

Hmmm, like maybe the Raw Dark Stone?!...much less rare than an artifact (and looks like some of them, but without the picture), still mine-able and somewhat challenging to find and not used for any recipe that I know of...I would say also the cave wall, but they are way more common.
  • DjedoDjedo Member
    b3achy said:

Djedo said:

Hmmm, like maybe the Raw Dark Stone?!...much less rare than an artifact (and looks like some of them, but without the picture), still mine-able and somewhat challenging to find and not used for any recipe that I know of...I would say also the cave wall, but they are way more common.
    Yep thats what i thought.

• b3achy said:

Djedo said:

I love this idea. Not cave wall, though, its too common. Maybe like ~5 dark raw stone per dust or something like that. You can find about 10-20 in a single mine.
  • im so noob and what are a dark raw stone and artifact things?
  • Cerdix578 said:

im so noob and what are a dark raw stone and artifact things?

An artifact can be any of the following:
    - Cave Art
    - Fossils
    - Glyphs
    All of these can be found anywhere in any of the mines, and they are quite rare.
    Here is a picture of Cave Art III next to Fossil I.

Dark raw stone is a block that can be found in Mountain and Forest Mines, and it looks like this:

All of these are found underground, though in rare cases they do spawn on the surface.
  • JackFury said:

Cerdix578 said:

- Cave Art
    - Fossils
    - Glyphs
    All of these can be found anywhere in any of the mines, and they are quite rare.

Dark raw stone is a block that can be found in Mountain and Forest Mines, and it looks like this:

All of these are found underground, though in rare cases they do spawn on the surface.
    why dark raw stone?will it be used in the future for something?

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    $!zzY$ said:

JackFury said:

Cerdix578 said:

- Cave Art
    - Fossils
    - Glyphs

Because many requested the raw stone block to be able to build with. So alternatively dark raw stone was added and the different color is mostly to avoid confusing it with normal raw stone.

• scorto7 said:

$!zzY$ said:

JackFury said:

Cerdix578 said:

- Cave Art
    - Fossils
    - Glyphs

Because many requested the raw stone block to be able to build with. So alternatively dark raw stone was added and the different color is mostly to avoid confusing it with normal raw stone.

will it be used for something in the future?

• JuIiusJuIius Member
    SirKew just made another announcement, crushing an artifact gives 10 dust now.
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    JackFury said:

Cerdix578 said:

- Cave Art
    - Fossils
    - Glyphs

Actually artifacts aren't too rare anymore. You can find them without a pet in tropical mines. Often you will find them floating in the middle of a big body of water.