Blocks in the store

Comments

• b3achyb3achy Member

JackFury said:

I have to disagree with b3achy; I need those ore packs in the store.

See.. no matter what we do we can't make everyone happy.. some people want it one way and other people another.

I have no issue if you keep the ores in the store - it won't upset me one bit if you keep them there...it just seems super silly to me to have things that are already free in the game and don't require crafting in the store (especially since the prices are crazy high in the cubit store). If builders want to bypass the sellers in the game (because it's too hard to find them in game...the real problem, IMO), then that's fine too - leave the blocks in the store. My niche of selling resources in game isn't hindered one bit if you keep the items in the cubit store at the high prices, like now. But you asked what people needed in the store...and they seem unnecessary to me, but I guess to some builders, they don't mind paying the exorbitant prices for them...so leave them. And whoa, you've now made us both happy (but only if you bring back my black bombs ;) ) - Win/Win/Win!!
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    I would like the gold and silver ore pack to be less expensive, or a lot more ore to be added. Those ores are basically in every mine somewhere, not as rare as the cubit store price makes them.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

Why is everyone so keen on checkpoints and life blocks etc.. those are not that hard to craft. Surely they'll be widely available in short order for almost nothing. I think this is just a reaction to it being recently changed?

I think everyone is upset about those blocks because they all require heal wands to make. Until heal wands become craftable, it's not going to be worth it to craft with them.
  • PiousPious Member
    Not reading through that massive bulk of suggestions.
    I guess Bombs were removed? Add those back. I appreciate convenience. Don’t screw me over on that now.
    May make me sound like a noob (and I am one) but I liked when Registers were in the store. Again, it’s a convenience thing. Those take a lot of crafting. I don’t like crafting.
    And hey, probably not going to be added, but Accelorings?
    Not going to make up any prices except Bombs should be the same price as they always were.
    Oooh, and I liked that idea of no natural resources in the store. +1 for that idea. It’d encourage more mining and/or help build the mining industry up and help make Cubic Castles great again!
    Just my thoughts.
  • White dye in dye pack,i got over 10k each color dye and my white dye still 15 ;-;
    we need white dye for crafting something
  • valyreena said:

Offtopic but. Why does thewhite dye Not On on the dyes pack Like. Its very hard to make them. yet still not buyable troughout a pack which is called “ dyes pack “ white dye is also a dye! >:O i’ve been waiting for this!

discrimination
  • Why is everyone so keen on checkpoints and life blocks etc.. those are not that hard to craft. Surely they'll be widely available in short order for almost nothing. I think this is just a reaction to it being recently changed?

I think everyone is upset about those blocks because they all require heal wands to make. Until heal wands become craftable, it's not going to be worth it to craft with them.
    The devs have confirmed they will be making health wands craftable :D

Why is everyone so keen on checkpoints and life blocks etc.. those are not that hard to craft. Surely they'll be widely available in short order for almost nothing. I think this is just a reaction to it being recently changed?

Right lol we know that now, but before we knew about it, that's why we were upset :P
  • Why is everyone so keen on checkpoints and life blocks etc.. those are not that hard to craft. Surely they'll be widely available in short order for almost nothing. I think this is just a reaction to it being recently changed?

Right lol we know that now, but before we knew about it, that's why we were upset :P
    Of course, I understand :)
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I personally think nothing that is craftable should be in the store, It’s craftable for a reason.
  • I would appreciate if some of the items in the cubic store were repriced to their in-game worth. For example, the almighty cube and the baleful box. In the store, they're worth 25k, but people tend to sell them for 400-800c. That being said, I think they could still be a bit pricier then that, to make it a last resort. If the item sells for 800c, make it 1k in the cubit store. Or if an item sells for 2.5k (dogs and cats), make them worth 3-3.5k. That way, its still reasonable pricing for a last resort, but shouldn't wreck the CC economy since people still sell them cheaper.

Another idea would be if you made a section in the store that brought back an old pack for a very short period of time (Like, every week or even once a month, for one day only, an old pack is returned to the store. You could raise the price of the packs depending on how many items are in them, and people would get access to new items that weren't available anymore once they started playing, but also don't get sold very often anymore, or if they do the prices tend to be high (like rainbow blocks and items like that). Or maybe as a special thing, or once CC hits a certain amount of players (registered or consecutive) you could release an old pack.

Add a beginner pack to the cubit store, much like the gift in starter realms, that includes quantities of items beginners need. For example, the gift includes things like plaster, stone, wood blocks. But the beginner pack could include items like a basic set of clothing (the shirt and pants), a few of each type of dye (not enough to invalidate the need for the dye pack, only like 3 of each color), 20 glass blocks, and small quantities of crafting ingredients like string, glue, and rubber bands. Things that could be obtained relatively easy enough by new players who made an effort, but that wouldn't tank the cc economy if they were widely accessible. Since it would be for new players, it should be pretty cheap, maybe 50c.

Last idea, cause this is getting pretty long but its fun to brainstorm.

Add some cosmic cow merch to the cc store. Imagine if there was a mask that made our qbees look like little cows in space helmets with cute little space suits, a shirt with the logo, things like that. Or add a new farm animal, a variation on the plain cow, that has a space helmet/suit on and can be purchased on its own at a high price or could randomly come from buying the regular cow.

Those are my ideas, but Im not delusional >.< I know they are unlikely to occur. Whatever Sir Kew. decides to add to the store, Im sure it will be fine!
  • 'Sir.Fox''Sir.Fox' Member
    edited July 2018
    U said:

I personally think nothing that is craftable should be in the store, It’s craftable for a reason.

This sums up mine if your to lazy to read lol

Ok so in my opinion there should be no blocks in the cubit store that are openly mineable, yes people are complaining about how they like it to be easy and just buy them in the store and if you take them out they wont be able to find them anywhere.
    But it will balance the game better because now if all the rich people have to buy their resources from shops. Newbies have a better chance of selling what they mined, also prices will rise since more people need them and the rich people who are now buying from these shops are willing to pay more.
    Since the more people will buy them, and buy more. A newbie who mines 1000 sand might actually be able to sell it instead of it just sitting in their shop for a year, because when your new none of your friends would have enoupgh c to buy it. Getting you first few thousand c is always the hardest for me.
    The last balance is that all of this c wont just dissapear and mining will actually be more profitable so more people will set up mining shops. Which in turn takes away that probablem of not being able to buy them from the store.

Yes people may not like it but taking them out would make more people want to mine and overtime make resources readily available for the builders who dont want to mine.

• JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited July 2018

I would appreciate if some of the items in the cubic store were repriced to their in-game worth. For example, the almighty cube and the baleful box. In the store, they're worth 25k, but people tend to sell them for 400-800c. That being said, I think they could still be a bit pricier then that, to make it a last resort. If the item sells for 800c, make it 1k in the cubit store. Or if an item sells for 2.5k (dogs and cats), make them worth 3-3.5k. That way, its still reasonable pricing for a last resort, but shouldn't wreck the CC economy since people still sell them cheaper.

Another idea would be if you made a section in the store that brought back an old pack for a very short period of time (Like, every week or even once a month, for one day only, an old pack is returned to the store. You could raise the price of the packs depending on how many items are in them, and people would get access to new items that weren't available anymore once they started playing, but also don't get sold very often anymore, or if they do the prices tend to be high (like rainbow blocks and items like that). Or maybe as a special thing, or once CC hits a certain amount of players (registered or consecutive) you could release an old pack.

Add a beginner pack to the cubit store, much like the gift in starter realms, that includes quantities of items beginners need. For example, the gift includes things like plaster, stone, wood blocks. But the beginner pack could include items like a basic set of clothing (the shirt and pants), a few of each type of dye (not enough to invalidate the need for the dye pack, only like 3 of each color), 20 glass blocks, and small quantities of crafting ingredients like string, glue, and rubber bands. Things that could be obtained relatively easy enough by new players who made an effort, but that wouldn't tank the cc economy if they were widely accessible. Since it would be for new players, it should be pretty cheap, maybe 50c.

Add some cosmic cow merch to the cc store. Imagine if there was a mask that made our qbees look like little cows in space helmets with cute little space suits, a shirt with the logo, things like that. Or add a new farm animal, a variation on the plain cow, that has a space helmet/suit on and can be purchased on its own at a high price or could randomly come from buying the regular cow.

Those are my ideas, but Im not delusional >.< I know they are unlikely to occur. Whatever Sir Kew. decides to add to the store, Im sure it will be fine!

I like all these ideas except decreasing item prices. The reason why store items drop so far in price is because they're there permanently and there are always new packs/items of that kind being bought and brought into the economy. However, if the devs were to, say, change the Doog from 10k to 3.5k, would the Door stay at its normal price? No, it would drop even further, possibly under a thousand. If the cubit store price lowers, the economic community price lowers as well.
    I know it sounds like it would be a good thing, but the pets don't need to be that cheap.
    However, I am all for lowering the price of the Almighty Cube and Baleful Box, as those can be gotten from Green Cubes. Not to 1k, though, more like 5k.

The main question I have about all of this new stuff, the new crafting tree, taking things out of the store, and all that: What is wrong with convenience? Sure, you could make us work more to craft these items, but is it inherently wrong to be able to buy fadey foam instead of buying the pack? Some people enjoy the adventure crafting has to offer, but if you're in the middle of a big build, the last thing you wanna do is traipse across the overworlds for an hour gathering thousands of materials and then waiting longer for all of it to forge/extract. Crafting is fun, but let's have the convenience option too, shall we? If you don't wanna spend the money, go craft. If you don't have a problem with spending the money, that's fine too.
    'Sir.Fox' said:

U said:

Ok so in my opinion there should be no blocks in the cubit store that are openly mineable, yes people are complaining about how they like it to be easy and just buy them in the store and if you take them out they wont be able to find them anywhere.
    But it will balance the game better because now if all the rich people have to buy their resources from shops. Newbies have a better chance of selling what they mined, also prices will rise since more people need them and the rich people who are now buying from these shops are willing to pay more.
    Since the more people will buy them, and buy more. A newbie who mines 1000 sand might actually be able to sell it instead of it just sitting in their shop for a year, because when your new none of your friends would have enoupgh c to buy it. Getting you first few thousand c is always the hardest for me.
    The last balance is that all of this c wont just dissapear and mining will actually be more profitable so more people will set up mining shops. Which in turn takes away that probablem of not being able to buy them from the store.

Yes people may not like it but taking them out would make more people want to mine and overtime make resources readily available for the builders who dont want to mine.

People can already sell things, since they sell them cheaper than the store.
  • I personally would love to see dirt blocks for really cheap in the store but that may just be me <_<
  • JackFury said:

I would appreciate if some of the items in the cubic store were repriced to their in-game worth. For example, the almighty cube and the baleful box. In the store, they're worth 25k, but people tend to sell them for 400-800c. That being said, I think they could still be a bit pricier then that, to make it a last resort. If the item sells for 800c, make it 1k in the cubit store. Or if an item sells for 2.5k (dogs and cats), make them worth 3-3.5k. That way, its still reasonable pricing for a last resort, but shouldn't wreck the CC economy since people still sell them cheaper.

I like all these ideas except decreasing item prices. The reason why store items drop so far in price is because they're there permanently and there are always new packs/items of that kind being bought and brought into the economy. However, if the devs were to, say, change the Doog from 10k to 3.5k, would the Door stay at its normal price? No, it would drop even further, possibly under a thousand. If the cubit store price lowers, the economic community price lowers as well.
    I know it sounds like it would be a good thing, but the pets don't need to be that cheap.
    However, I am all for lowering the price of the Almighty Cube and Baleful Box, as those can be gotten from Green Cubes. Not to 1k, though, more like 5k.

The main question I have about all of this new stuff, the new crafting tree, taking things out of the store, and all that: What is wrong with convenience? Sure, you could make us work more to craft these items, but is it inherently wrong to be able to buy fadey foam instead of buying the pack? Some people enjoy the adventure crafting has to offer, but if you're in the middle of a big build, the last thing you wanna do is traipse across the overworlds for an hour gathering thousands of materials and then waiting longer for all of it to forge/extract. Crafting is fun, but let's have the convenience option too, shall we? If you don't wanna spend the money, go craft. If you don't have a problem with spending the money, that's fine too.
    Yeah, thats understandable. I am also slightly confused about why everything is being changed so much. If I have cubits, shouldn't I get to decide if I want to buy a pack in the C store or have to spend hours traipsing through shops or mines? If these things get removed from the shops permanently, I can see the prices skyrocketing. Even though things like ores are mineable, it takes a considerable time to amass large quantities. People would take advantage of that if they get removed permanently. Also, since fadey foam was removed, people are angry, and fadey foam isn't used as often as things like ores. Imagine how upset builders would get.
  • LateCom said:

can we make heal wands craftable xD

+1... for me,a parkour builder, now its harder for me use those things...

heal wand need to be craftable,for make it easier to build my parkours
    U said:

This is my general opinion too. The exceptions to this being the items already mentioned in this thread because the difficulty of the recipes or cost of materials far outweighs the value of the item. If and when the recipes change (ex: Heal wand becomes craftable like other wands and not very pricey in the store, Red potions not taking a ton of red flowers to make), I will have no problem with items like warp anchors, checkpoints, and fadey foam not being in the store.
  • U said:

This is my general opinion too. The exceptions to this being the items already mentioned in this thread because the difficulty of the recipes or cost of materials far outweighs the value of the item. If and when the recipes change (ex: Heal wand becomes craftable like other wands and not very pricey in the store, Red potions not taking a ton of red flowers to make), I will have no problem with items like warp anchors, checkpoints, and fadey foam not being in the store.
    Exactly my opinion
  • DjedoDjedo Member
    If I understood Sir K. if some items return they will probably be pricey, so watch what you wish for. : )
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Okay, I know some won't agree with me here:

I feel nothing mineable or craftable should be in the Cubit Store, nothing.

I want a Cubit Store without mineables, which I doubt will happen, but it will help. It'll make blocks/ores naturally become more on demand which helps miners, who already complain they don't earn enough. Honestly it's extremely rare I'd buy Stone in Hollas, or anything tbh.

U said:

Exactly my opinion
    I don’t understand why people are saying things that are hard to craft should be in the store. Nobody has ever complained about hard craftables not being in the store before this.
    U said:

U said:

Exactly my opinion
    I don’t understand why people are saying things that are hard to craft should be in the store. Nobody has ever complained about hard craftables not being in the store before this.
    Its not that they are "hard to craft" in the sense that it is actually difficult to put things into the craft machines. That is never the case. The complaint is that items which previously cost 150c in the cubit store now need a heal wand to craft them, which easily puts the crafting cost above 10x the maximum value.
    Expecting people to completely okay with that is the harder part to understand tbh.
  • EiarEiar Member
    edited July 2018
    I personally make the majority of my cubit income from selling ores and other natural items (i.e grass, mud, water, sand, trunks, etc.) and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one.

They're already relatively underpriced as it is that I have to mine for maybe 3+ hours just to make at least 500-1000c depending on what type of resource I'm currently mining.

I know a lot of avid builders prefer it for the store to sell materials because they have trouble finding players who sell them, but if you took and kept them from being available via the CC store it might inspire people to open up more resource shops.

The main reason so many people deter from selling nature materials is because of the low income they provide for your hard work. Mining 2000 sand is not as easy as it sounds—especially when you're a low-level player much like myself that is trying to earn enough cubits to expand—and when that 2000 sand sells for only 10/c or maybe even 15/c, it doesn't seem worth it.

And that doesn't only go for sand, it goes for almost all materials. The majority of ores sell for 10/c, and the prices for them will surely drip if they stay readily available at the expense of a few clicks at the store.

I know a lot of players with large amounts of cubits would find it easier to just buy whatever resources they require for their builds from the store, but it's really driving a lot of us passionate miners out of business.

Just an idea for your consideration. @SirKewberth
  • JackFury said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

U said:

Not quite my point, it is hard to sell items, I have made shops many times and no one comes to them, when you are a low level no one comes to your shop. This will make the people who buy from the storebuy from shops they normaly wouldnt and make cubic castles about mining together.
    Now you cant really find much resource shops, its all about clothes. Itll make cubic castles better again more about resource mining etc.

• 'Sir.Fox' said:

JackFury said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

U said:

Not quite my point, it is hard to sell items, I have made shops many times and no one comes to them, when you are a low level no one comes to your shop. This will make the people who buy from the storebuy from shops they normaly wouldnt and make cubic castles about mining together.
    Now you cant really find much resource shops, its all about clothes. Itll make cubic castles better again more about resource mining etc.

My answer would be to make health wands craftable, which they will be, either make artifacts give a big amount of dust, or make it so that the dust comes from elsewhere, and then remove Everything craftable from the store except bombs, and maybe some other Heavily demanded stuff.
    There, that’s my full opinion until it changes :)
  • edited July 2018
    I am fine with nothing returning to the store, things being craftable opens up a market for players to have new ways to make money. The player based sculpty market is a good example. I think an important rule as devs is to make the items over all easy to craft and not have a repeat of the sentries.

I do see both sides having a valid point with the other side being convencience. I can't wait to see what is craftable in the future like seasonal deco possibly like candelabras or rainbow blocks.
  • PiousPious Member
    How about we just have no changes? Keep on adding new content. New content is great! But let the current prices of items stay as they are, and you won’t screw with the economy any further. Solved!
  • Pious said:

How about we just have no changes? Keep on adding new content. New content is great! But let the current prices of items stay as they are, and you won’t screw with the economy any further. Solved!

Nope! Change is good, change needs to happen to keep a game relevant
    edited July 2018

I am fine with nothing returning to the store, things being craftable opens up a market for players to have new ways to make money. The player based sculpty market is a good example. I think an important rule as devs is to make the items over all easy to craft and not have a repeat of the sentries.

I do see both sides having a valid point with the other side being convencience. I can't wait to see what is craftable in the future like seasonal deco possibly like candelabras or rainbow blocks.

The seasonal decos remind me, I have always thought all seasonal decos should become craftable a year after they come out or be added to the store a year after the pack (forever).
  • I agree with this of course with a few exceptions. I think why it would be beneficial due to allowing room for new items in the packs. If they dropped holiday related recipes with the pack releases it would be further inclusive of the player base that are not able to afford the packs.