Blocks in the store

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
edited July 2018 in General Chat
Ok.. So let's talk about blocks in the store.

In the early days we use to sell ALL blocks in the store. This was a mistake. As much as people might like the convenience of such things, it also took away any player striving. It robbed some players the chance to craft and trade for value as well. So there's no plan to return to that. It's a game killer.

However... That being said. There may be certain things that SHOULD be in the store for convenience. Even if they are craftable. The question is... which things? And at what price?

I know the default reaction here is going ot be to say the things that were recently removed since people get used to one way of doing things and don't adjust to changes easily. Had warp anchors for instance... always been craftable, they may be so common in game now that nobody would care. But when you change things people have to adjust and they don't always like that.

Still. if there WERE a core set of things that shoudl always be in the store (even if they're more expensive than the player available ones) what should they be? Here's your chance to make a case for certain packs. Let me know. ANd keep in mind this may not mean you'd be thrilled with the price :-)

Comments

• Foam pack. It's very inconvenient to go hop around every corner hust to find a fadey foam seller (which I find is very rare).
  • AutiMaTICAutiMaTIC Member
    edited April 2020
    Req: Delete this comment
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    AuTiMaTIC said:

I was expecting that the Cubit Store would change the design and layout. You guys did great tho! It's more compact and smooth.

More changes coming... It's still pretty unweildy. Needs work... That was part of the reason for the crafting changes. Also need to make room for future updates and additions to the store.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Bombs!
    The old price ratio would work. 10 bombs for 100c.
    Or maybe you guys could make it 10 bombs for 50c.
  • lol the housing pack which is 1500c and contains just stoves sinks toilets etc. i think it should be removed or lessen the price :D
  • AutiMaTICAutiMaTIC Member
    edited April 2020
    Req: Delete this comment
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    sculpty
  • sculpty

That single word really sums things up right there!

Also the Foam Pack is seriously needed in my case. The course that I am building is needing quite a bit of foam, and I do NOT have the time to go and mine dead trees, process them, smelt them together, and just combine them with another potion that requires even MORE processing of OTHER berries and flowers.

That's a mouthful.
  • life block...

50c

Also kewb, cubic learning center isn't updated, and seen cool put All recipes that no has there,in it, wiki for me is hard to use
  •   Angel  Angel Leedle LandGame Moderator

sculpty

I agree with space on this one!

+1
  • Angel said:

sculpty

I agree with space on this one!

+1
    Me too
    +1
  • White Plasters-
    Add Price XD Its So Cheap

Put Back The Sentries-
    We Need That Sometimes...
    For Events,Giveaways,And Many More

Also Can You Add Lock Bumper And Lock Door Stamp On The CC Store?
  • White Plasters-
    Add Price XD Its So Cheap

Put Back The Sentries-
    We Need That Sometimes...
    For Events,Giveaways,And Many More

Also Can You Add Lock Bumper And Lock Door Stamp On The CC Store?

its fine with the plasters bcuz its cheap xD and ye sentries i like it XD
  • Offtopic but. Why does thewhite dye Not On on the dyes pack Like. Its very hard to make them. yet still not buyable troughout a pack which is called “ dyes pack “ white dye is also a dye! >:O i’ve been waiting for this!
  • I’d love a torch pack, cause what if I stumbled across a cave mine but didn’t have torches? You know what would happen, so maybe have a pack of 25 torches for 100? Something like that would be extremely convenient.

Also, why don’t you remove the packs like the housing pack, they are extremely unnecessary

And of course, sculpty packs should be added back along with the bombs!

And one more thing, in order to easily find it, why don’t you guys put the doors in the build section? By the realms and rooms? It makes more sense.

Thank you devs for listening!
  • life block...

50c

Also kewb, cubic learning center isn't updated, and seen cool put All recipes that no has there,in it, wiki for me is hard to use

No need to bring that to the cubit store, it’s so easy to craft one now..
  • life block...

50c

No need to bring that to the cubit store, it’s so easy to craft one now..

Oops, pardon the multi post, I forgot to just edit my previous comment, won’t happen again :)
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited July 2018
    Black bombs need to be in the store. Since they are the only way to mine for gems and sometimes you run out of bombs while in the mines. We need to be able to purchase them from the store without having to leave the mine (would be a different story if we could leave the mine and then return to the spot where we were mining). I'm cool with them being craftable, but please put them back in the store because when you need them you can't just leave the mine to go back to storage or to go craft some more or to a person's shop to buy more and come back to the same place in the mine where you found the gem lode.

Also, all the packs that are mineable should be taken out of the store. PERIOD. Marble, stone, sand, wood, metals, water are all freely available in the mines. It's silly that those items stayed in the shop when it's possible to get them from the mines as is (no crafting needed). I get that builders want high volumes of them, but the prices in the store are at least double what the resources are sold for in game. When I first started last year, a lot of resellers and builders tried to undercut the miners by offering too little for the resources (driving the prices of resources down to about a 1/4 of what the cubit store offers), but I see the economy is now starting to bounce back to where it should be (resources being around 1/2 what the cubit store has them for). Though it takes a lot of work to be a resource seller (which is why there aren't many)...I don't think a lot of folks realize how much time it can take to gather high volumes of resources and that time is valuable. I get that offering the packs in the store is a way to save builders that time, but I'd be surprised if builders purchase the packs as they can find the resources for half the price if they want to buy them in game (or for free if they just want to take the time to mine).

I'm on the fence about the 'administrative' blocks that are newly craftable and other craftable items (household, craft pack, dyes, plaster, fadey foam) that are still in the store. My personal feeling is that if it is for general building or decorating and the items are craftable, then it's okay to take them out of the store (because they will provide enough volume for the in-game economy to sell them if people don't want to craft them). If it is for special purposes like administration or games (like warp anchors, check points, most of the bumpers and sentries), then maybe they should stay in the store. Okay for them to be craftable too, but many of them are special purpose and should be available, when needed, for a price. They aren't going to be high enough volume to be sold in game, so they won't help the in-game economy to take them out of the store, but it's nice for them to be craftable if someone isn't able to purchase them for cubits.

Maybe a follow-on discussion should be how to more easily find shops that are selling what you need in game...right now, it's very difficult to find shops selling what you need (which is the primary reason why we need certain things in the cubit store), so players have to spend a lot of time jumping from shop to shop to market to market and often not finding what they need. Even if the shop normally sells a product, they often have empty vends because people clean them out as soon as they are restocked (my shop right now included). There needs to be a better way to scan a list of full vends and be able to jump to the shops that have what you need. Would really promote a more robust in-game economy. {Also posted this to Ashi's thread, with some more details on what I'd like to see in-game to help.}
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Already have a thread on this, but since that was more of a rant than a clear opinion, I'll leave my opinion here too.
    Anything that is ridiculously difficult to craft, while also being pretty necessary for the game, should not be removed from the shop.
    Key items being warp anchors and checkpoints, imo. Why make them so difficult to obtain? It essentially screws over any players who wanted to make a lot of realms lol.

And yea fadey foam kinda sucks too >_< pls bring that back lol
  • So basically, we need:
    - Sculpty packs
    - Foam pack
    - Warp Anchor
    - Checkpoint
    - Bombs
    Also, can you please reduce the amount of red flowers needed for a Fiery potion from 2 to 1? It doesn't make sense that it takes 2 flowers but only 1 berry for the others, and berries are easier to get. Then foam wouldn't be so bad.
    I have to disagree with b3achy; I need those ore packs in the store. I know miners want it that way, but when I'm in the middle of a build, I don't want to drop everything and go spend hours finding 300 iron ore. And ore isn't exactly common in other players' shops, so removing ore from the store would be a problem. Ore isn't a common material to find, like trunks or dirt. It requires a lot more time, effort, and searching to get it. When you're building, it can take tens of thousands.
    The main issue I see with the heal block crafting is that you have to buy a heal wand first. This does build a wall between it and a new player who wants to make a parkour. Maybe make the wand craftable, similarly to the knockback and harm.

Thanks for watching our feedback and paying attention to what your playerbase wants ^-^
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited July 2018
    JackFury said:

I have to disagree with b3achy; I need those ore packs in the store. I know miners want it that way, but when I'm in the middle of a build, I don't want to drop everything and go spend hours finding 300 iron ore. And ore isn't exactly common in other players' shops, so removing ore from the store would be a problem. Ore isn't a common material to find, like trunks or dirt. It requires a lot more time, effort, and searching to get it. When you're building, it can take tens of thousands.

Hmmm, so I can charge the same price as the cubit store and still sell ores?! MWAH! I love you man! Prices going up again then...lol...j/k. [The biggest reason I don't sell thousands at time is because I rarely have enough inventory because I have to sell them so cheap to get them sold. Iron is often sitting in my shop for weeks. BTW, ores, are way more easy to gather than trunks or flowers...but agree they are more challenging than dirt/sand/water. And yes, resource sellers are few and far between because mining takes work/time, and many believe it is easier to make 'quick' big money on flipping the clothing items.] But I also agree, the crux of the problem is being able to find those items more easily in game, if they remove them from the cubit shop. The resources are often out there for cheaper than the cubit store, but the current system makes it challenging to find them without spending a lot of precious time.
  • Wireless Switches - Add more amount
    Or
    Decrease price

The amount for switches for me is not kinda worth it imo because when you are building one contraption using only Outline blocks Receivers and Switches the need for other items would be some kind of not needed.
    Or decrease the price of it for maybe 1500 so that other people can afford it and the
    Presense of Wireless Switches may somehow increase.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited July 2018
    Good to see that you are bringing things back, so here's my list:
    +Checkpoint and heal block (and their variants)
    +Warp anchor
    +Life block
    +All block/resources packs (But with greater quantities for people with big projects - I don't mind a larger price)

And the house pack! (Maybe increase the number of stuff a little bit to make it more useful)
    #housepacklover
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    JackFury said:

I have to disagree with b3achy; I need those ore packs in the store.

See.. no matter what we do we can't make everyone happy.. some people want it one way and other people another.

Why is everyone so keen on checkpoints and life blocks etc.. those are not that hard to craft. Surely they'll be widely available in short order for almost nothing. I think this is just a reaction to it being recently changed?
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited July 2018

JackFury said:

I have to disagree with b3achy; I need those ore packs in the store.

See.. no matter what we do we can't make everyone happy.. some people want it one way and other people another.

You should just please the majority of players, since that's how life works.
    I, personally, won't mind if my idea (My lovely house pack will die soon) gets rejected.

Why is everyone so keen on checkpoints and life blocks etc.. those are not that hard to craft. Surely they'll be widely available in short order for almost nothing. I think this is just a reaction to it being recently changed?

The repices are easy, but the resources and time taken to pump out one should be re-considered.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

Yes it is.... every time something changes in the game there is a time where players are a little lost and appear to need some time to adjust to these changes.

Anyway... right now at this moment i can not think of anything to add back or keep in the store. Anything that is now made craftable(recently or some time ago) can be made if you are willing to spend the time on it or if you got enough cubits, plenty of players can provide the resources to craft with. So, i don't see any need to add/remove anything right now.
  • LateCom said:

can we make heal wands craftable xD

Omg yes we need this
    Yeah I think I agree the heal wands should become craftable... Since they're part of the recipe tree.
  • Why is everyone so keen on checkpoints and life blocks etc.. those are not that hard to craft. Surely they'll be widely available in short order for almost nothing. I think this is just a reaction to it being recently changed?

Exactly!!! I see no need to bring them back to the cubit store, just make health wands craftable and we should be fine :)