can't find deep forest mines

i found out about the new recipes and i saw fiber.
you need to extract thorny vines, but i have only 17
and i can't find deep forest mines to get some
could anybody help?

Comments

• b3achyb3achy Member
    Deep forest mines have been spawning in lieu of regular forest mines only 1 in ~15 times for me. That's about 6-7% of the time (and yes, I've been keeping stats and tracking my averages - best spawn 1 in 2 mines; worst since tracking 1 in 42 mines), which is insanely lower than those people claiming it's 50% of the time. The devs have mentioned they are changing the way to access mines at some point, but it's already overdue given the resources required for the newest recipes. They really should have changed the mine access before releasing recipes requiring so much of an item needed from the deep forest mines.

So, you have to be super persistent...sometimes jumping into over 40 forest mines before finding a deep forest one. It eventually balances out to around 6-7% of them...which is 1 in 15. Hopefully your luck with the random mine generator is better than my luck.
  • oof
  • CubicPencilCubicPencil Member
    edited October 2019
    the good thing is that you can usually find lots of thorny vines if you do find a deep forest mine. It takes a lot of patience.
    I don't want to refresh this discussion so I will edit this post... But WHOOPS this is an old thread
    Rarix said:

Bad thing is thread was a year ago and player asked about it was last active on March.

• Sadly it has been almost 1 year since the dev's said they would make finding Deep Forest Mines easier. Nothing has been done on this so we just have to keep going to MANY Forest Mines to find them. Then we have to hope there is nobody already in there.

Note: we get approx 140 to 180 vines from 1 deep forest so search in a row by row till you get them all. 600 vines net us 100 black bombs.