Folding and Unfolding Umbrellas

I am just suggesting you can go to a crafting table and put the umbrella in and make it folded or unfolded. To switch between holding it over your head and using it as a cane :P (folded version would look like it does in my profile picture)

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    By making it craftable, the risks of duplicating umbrellas go way higher...
    Remember the ""wood duplication"" method that got fixed because of some cash cow youtuber?
    I'd like to see both kind of umbrellas (holdable and placeable) folded but by making it craftable many risks will exist.
  • Here's an alternative:
    The wand button will make it close / open.
    Bam, problem solved.
  • has been already suggested a few times before.

Here's an alternative:
    The wand button will make it close / open.
    Bam, problem solved.

+1

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

Remember the ""wood duplication"" method that got fixed because of some cash cow youtuber?
    I'd like to see both kind of umbrellas (holdable and placeable) folded but by making it craftable many risks will exist.

He is not suggesting to make umbrella's craftable... not at all.
    He is only suggesting to use the crafting stations(workbech, anvil,...) to switch it's view and use as either open(unfolded) or as closed(folded) depending on it's current look.
    So no crafting involved, merely using it to open or close an umbrella.

But i also like the alternative from Motivation(using the wand controls to switch between open/close).
    That actually sound easier then using a workbench to open/close an umbrella.
  • scorto7 said:

lucaaa795 said:

He is only suggesting to use the crafting stations(workbech, anvil,...) to switch it's view and use as either open(unfolded) or as closed(folded) depending on it's current look.

But i also like the alternative from Motivation(using the wand controls to switch between open/close).
    He didn't say that Quackers wanted them craftable either ^^ He said that putting them in a crafting workbench / anvil would increase the risk of duplication bugs.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

scorto7 said:

lucaaa795 said:

He didn't say that Quackers wanted them craftable either ^^ He said that putting them in a crafting workbench / anvil would increase the risk of duplication bugs.
    That ^
  • I just don't like the idea of the wand switch. I would like an alternative. I don;t want umbrella spammers that fold and unfold.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited July 2018
    Why would you walk around with a folded umbrella anyway. That would be useless, just holding a stick in the air lol. This would never happen irl. If I were to want a closed umbrella in cc, I would just take it off. If the umbrella could be folded, it should be folded down, like a cane or something. Good idea, though. +1
  • In Canada, for some reason it umbrellas are made so MASSIVE that it doesn't fit in our bags. When we are done with it, we just hold onto it and use it as a cane. I like this idea. Very homey. +1
  • Exactly, in Vancouver it rains on and off all the time and we switch between folded and unfolded all the time.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    Yes ofc +1
  • MotivationMotivation Member
    edited July 2018
    Quackers said:

I just don't like the idea of the wand switch. I would like an alternative. I don;t want umbrella spammers that fold and unfold.

What's the difference? Wand Spammers and Hat Spammers exist too.