Scamming.

How do people get scammed in these vending "giveaways"? Where they have alot of items for a super low price then the last one is extremely overpriced then someone does not read the price and get scammed. I laugh at how negligent the people who get scammed at all in the community. Some of them are the most obvious scams.
I have never been scammed in my life. Yet people get scammed all the time by obvious scams. That is why I trust no one in the community, known people, noobs, mods and friends.

Comments

• Its because most of them are newer players (at least that i have seen) who don't realize how underhanded the scammers can be. The best thing they can do is educate themselves, tbh
  • So a lvl 49 got scammed is a new player?
  • So a lvl 49 got scammed is a new player?

Did you read my comment? It literally says "at least that i have seen". I've never seen a lvl 49 get scammed that way, only lvl 10 and under. What lvl 49 got scammed? If a lvl 49 got scammed, after seeing the other stupid ways people get scammed, thats their own fault. But the newbies just need educated.
  • It’s mostly their own greed. They want an item at a super low and unfair price, so they rush to buy it.
  • @Kirodashi I agree.
  • Rogue its ur 5th time making useless discussions can u please stop it?
  • Rogue its ur 5th time making useless discussions can u please stop it?

^^ True

Your a bit rude. Getting scammed is not fun, so why do a laugh at it??? Thats the rudest thing you can do. You can tell the player/players that this is a scam. It is their choice to continue.
  • MoqMoq Member
    edited July 2018
    Damn straight. But i feel like your defending scammers by being all "its the buyers fault", scams wouldnt happen if the scammers actually were banned frequently, but no, as I said in my discussion that if people get "slaps on the wrist" for blantent scamming the trend would never die, which is true to this date.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    There is no way that you should get scammed, everything is in place to not get scammed. People say it is new players, yet they’re completely capable of asking around how to not get scammed if they have no idea what they’re doing. Plus, most of these scams have to do with 10k+ which most new people don’t have.
  • U said:

There is no way that you should get scammed, everything is in place to not get scammed. People say it is new players, yet they’re completely capable of asking around how to not get scammed if they have no idea what they’re doing. Plus, most of these scams have to do with 10k+ which most new people don’t have.

True, but players who go for levels 5-10 go for the most valuable items that player has.
  • @Mad Dog Gamer it is not my place to tell the player if it is a scam. They should have enough commonsense to know it is. Plus as someone has said before, "10k is not what most new players have."

U said:

True, but players who go for levels 5-10 go for the most valuable items that player has.
    Which is what? A top hat they got from the mad hatter perk, or a cheap hat somebody rich gave them. These vend scams typically go for 5-10k+ worth of cubits. Trust me, these vend scams don’t scam new players.
  • I've never been scammed either.
    Be careful out there.
  • U said:

U said:

Which is what? A top hat they got from the mad hatter perk, or a cheap hat somebody rich gave them. These vend scams typically go for 5-10k+ worth of cubits. Trust me, these vend scams don’t scam new players.
    I know. But I was saying for scammer who DO got for those levels may get like a vends the player bought for cheap or we given. Or "rare" items like a Elf Hat (Dont judge, I saw that as a rare when I was level 10.)

U said:

U said:

I know. But I was saying for scammer who DO got for those levels may get like a vends the player bought for cheap or we given. Or "rare" items like a Elf Hat (Dont judge, I saw that as a rare when I was level 10.)
    Most of those scams are them being told they’re worth 15c and then they sell it 15c and claim it’s scam. xD
  • U said:

U said:

U said:

Most of those scams are them being told they’re worth 15c and then they sell it 15c and claim it’s scam. xD
    That or a perm scam and getting those items. And the perm ones hurt.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    The point is, even if you say they should have the common sense, they do not, we shouldn't be penalizing a large proportion of the community and blaming them for the action which is the owner's fault, in fact, we should be helping them instead of making threads laughing at them..
  • The point is, even if you say they should have the common sense, they do not, we shouldn't be penalizing a large proportion of the community and blaming them for the action which is the owner's fault, in fact, we should be helping them instead of making threads laughing at them..

Exactly!!!
  • The point is, even if you say they should have the common sense, they do not, we shouldn't be penalizing a large proportion of the community and blaming them for the action which is the owner's fault, in fact, we should be helping them instead of making threads laughing at them..

^^True!

They may have common sense, but may be very gullible!
  • Moq said:

Damn straight. But i feel like your defending scammers by being all "its the buyers fault", scams wouldnt happen if the scammers actually were banned frequently, but no, as I said in my discussion that if people get "slaps on the wrist" for blantent scamming the trend would never die, which is true to this date.

I think the scammers should be more than just banned. They should be publically banned so as to thwart off any potential scammers who will follow. Post who they are, what they did and what punishment was placed on them. This should deter any scammers who would try the same thing. As of now, all that is said is "they have been dealt with" aka slap on the wrist.

If you have a sign up stating "stay off the grass" and you allow everyone to walk all over the grass, what good is the sign?
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    Heh I get scammed when I have too much people on the trusteds list.
    So far I still have 18 on my shop. xD