Crop Growing Times

IntimateIntimate Member
edited July 2018 in Community
Don't waste your money on anything less than quality soil as this just adds to grow time as well as the number of times needed to be watered.

I most times can't remember the growing times as is the same with most new players. There are a lot of players give up after crops die too often. Also I have gotten a lot of miss information from players who say to water at odd hours. The watering time is within 24 hours. Right now wiki says to just give the crop a pull to check if they are ready to pick. This will not do as a lot of players can't just tug on crops every few hours. The Farmers Almanac only tells how long since planted and how long since last watered.

BTW Quality Soil sold in Cubit Store is actually called Great Soil but for some reason CC doesn't really care to make changes that don't affect their economy.

All times listed below are in Quality Soil.

1. Tomatoes - 30 hours
2. Potatoes - 45 hours
3. Corn - 60 hours
4 Eggplant - 80 hours
5. Wheat - 120 hours

Comments

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    This topic could be useful to you.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/16549/farmers-almanac/p1
    Check on the spoiler in "Crop Info", it shows you the exact growth time and more.
    I would advice you to get the almanac as soon as possible so you won't have to pull on your crops to see if the are ready.
  • scorto7 said:

This topic could be useful to you.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/16549/farmers-almanac/p1
    Check on the spoiler in "Crop Info", it shows you the exact growth time and more.
    I would advice you to get the almanac as soon as possible so you won't have to pull on your crops to see if the are ready.

Thank you but the link is not quite complete as tomatoes give the time and the rest just say how many days. I do have the almanac but times (hours) would be great and not just days in the provided post.
  • I changed this post from asking for help, to giving the actual growing times for crops in Quality Soil (Great Soil).
    This link also gives more information on crops. http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/16549/farmers-almanac/p1
  • Why would you need to pull on crops to know if they're ready? Don't they change their color when they're ready? (Ex. Tomatoes have red dots that appear on them)
  • Why would you need to pull on crops to know if they're ready? Don't they change their color when they're ready? (Ex. Tomatoes have red dots that appear on them)

Well, one reason would be color blindness. I am color blind and I have met about 6 players who are also color blind. Just the fact that CC does NOT give exact grow times is one reason I posted this. CC just gives a general time in days and most crops are not down to the hour like 24, 48, 72 etc. This is one reason players suffer losses and another is watering times vary depending on who you ask ingame. I also cannot tell if crops have been watered by the tint CC says there is supposed to be on the soil if watered.

The Almanac should also give time till pick in addition to the time since planted and time last watered. Our loss is CC's gain as we would have to buy more seeds if crops die.

CC knows all crop growing times as this information is written in the game code so why not let us know this information instead of being so vague on the time? Remember we are dealing with very young children and some have not yet learned how to multiply by 6 yet.

I also cannot tell if Yumberries or Frostberries have been picked or even which is which on my farm unless seperated and marked.

So now when I plant crops, I post a sign telling pick time as I no longer need to water by cans. Then I set an alarm with my Alexa device so I know when to pick.
  • larwinlarwin Member
    edited November 2019
    Do you not need to water immediately? or can i water like tomatoes once at hour 12-15 and it be ready at hour 30? as long as each watering is within 24 hours i guess? and they wont wither if already full grown? remember i'm just asking not confirmed yet.
  • crops should be on a 20 to 24 hour cycle not a 15 but its probably ok at 15 being 15*2 is 30 and 15*3 is 45 etc. if they no longer have a chance to wither after being full grown its probably ok. can someone test this if they haven't already?

I wouldn't mind leaving a field of full grown crops if timing of harvesting had to be put off and besides it would look better to visit a farm with full grown crops than acres of withered crops. wouldn't you think?
  • This discussion is a year ago..
  • larwin said:

crops should be on a 20 to 24 hour cycle not a 15 but its probably ok at 15 being 15*2 is 30 and 15*3 is 45 etc. if they no longer have a chance to wither after being full grown its probably ok. can someone test this if they haven't already?

I wouldn't mind leaving a field of full grown crops if timing of harvesting had to be put off and besides it would look better to visit a farm with full grown crops than acres of withered crops. wouldn't you think?

u can use sprinklers thank me later
  • -Alvin- said:

This discussion is a year ago..

And I still Grow tons of corn, even a year later.
    larwin said:

crops should be on a 20 to 24 hour cycle not a 15 but its probably ok at 15 being 15*2 is 30 and 15*3 is 45 etc. if they no longer have a chance to wither after being full grown its probably ok. can someone test this if they haven't already?

Once crops are fully matured, you can just leave them and not pick them if you want to see 500 corn. I did for 4047 hours till I decided to shoot for One Million Recubes. I am at 850k + now.

Crops grow faster in quality soil but the cc store doesn't call them that for some weird reason.

Crops grow time is what it is & I really doubt the devs will ever change anything about farming because there is no profit for them to do it.

In Quality soil grow times are not so bad & farming is so much better with sprinklers. I find things to do and come back when they are fully grown. I mostly grow corn because it is the best profit mostly because the seeds are way less than wheat and 2 crops can be grown in the 120 hours wheat takes. I do grow other crops as I need them to cook decoration foods I sell.
  • edited May 2020
    For those who are still looking for crop grow times and/or profits here you go.
  • For those who are still looking for crop grow times and/or profits here you go.

So eggplant is more profitable or corn?
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited May 2020

For those who are still looking for crop grow times and/or profits here you go.

So eggplant is more profitable or corn?
    No. It might seem that way if you don't consider that corn seeds are lower cost and so is growing times. Most of the profit comes up front from a lower cost of seeds. Then profit is from less time to grow corn compared to the longer time for eggplant & wheat which ( CORN ) gives you more actual crop per week.

That profit picture only gives you the gross payback & not the net profit when you deduct your investment of seeds & time to grow and how many cycles of crops you get compared to others.

Note: these times others post is days, I give actual hours based on quality soil which is the best because there is no time deductions.

Seeds Cost for 2,500 seeds:( not counting merchant perk ).

Wheat - 30,000rc
    Eggplant - 20,000rc
    Corn - 10,000rc
    Potato - 5,000rc
    Tomato - 2,500rc

Gross Profit from average of 7,000 crops yield:

Wheat - 56,000rc
    Eggplant - 42,000rc
    Corn - 28,000rc
    Potato - 14,000rc
    Tomato - 7,000rc

Net Profit = Gross minus seeds cost:

Wheat - 26,000rc
    Eggplant - 22.000rc
    Corn - 18,000rc
    Potato - 9,000rc
    Tomato - 4,500rc

Hours in one week = 168 - Crop cycles you can grow in 168 hours:

Wheat - 1.4
    Eggplant - 2.1
    Corn - 2.8
    Potato - 3.7
    Tomato - 5.6

Net profit in 168 hours ( one week ):

Wheat - 36,400rc
    Eggplant - 46,200rc
    Corn - 50,400rc
    Potato - 33,300rc
    Tomato - 25,200rc

If you look at how many cycles of crops you can grow then look at how each seed cost doubles from tomato to wheat but the profit you get does not ( in eggplant ), the fact that corn seeds cost 1/3 that of wheat and you can grow 2 corn crop cycles in the same time as 1 wheat this is the sweet spot.

Yes eggplant only gives a 50% increase in the return as corn does but the cost of seeds are are double and the growing time is longer so in the end corn is the sweet spot of low up front cost and more return per week as any other crop at the return of 4 recubes per crop.
  • Alright, thanks