Bank (Cha-Ching) Bumper

This is a proposal I'd mentioned before, but I don't think it got the recognition it deserves.
I would like a new bumper, that when used, collects the Cubits from all Vending Machines and Co-build Bumpers within the realm. It's a hassle having to go around and break each individual Co-build Bumper not knowing which ones have cubits in them and which don't. Likewise, it can be a bother having to go around and break Vending Machines to get the Cubits from them, especially for people with over 100 Vending Machines in their shop, like me. Then you have to remember and re-set the price for them because there's no other method for obtaining the cubits. So, whadoya' say? Bank Bumper? Would make things so much easier.

And, before anyone jumps the gun, no, unlike most items in CC, this can not be used for scamming, because the block can only be used by the owner of and trusted players in the realm, and it only collects cubits already within the Machines and Bumpers. @Liberated

Please, I need this Bumper in my life more than anything. @SirKewberth @CosmicCow

Comments

• +1

this would be so much easier if we had these.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yeah i like this idea +1 i dont have many vends... but i understand the struggle with them
  • +1 never owned a shop but i once saw 100x100 realm with vends everywhere so yeah this would help people who own shops
  • +1
    Also...

that photoshop tho
    -
    +10000000
    @SirKewberth
  • Anyone who argues against this would need to be slapped, convenience!
  • PiousPious Member
    edited June 2017

• PiousPious Member
    edited June 2017

• PiousPious Member
    edited July 2018

• PiousPious Member
    edited July 2018

• KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember

Anyone who argues against this would need to be slapped, convenience!

Don't think Ill just turn the other cheek....
    But seriously all your doing is mining up a vend then bam, your getting all your cubits, you had to do a lot more work before vends came out, and besides just memorize how much you were selling it BEFORE you mine the block.
    And as for being used for rental block, this shouldn't even be a hassle unless your pendragon.
  • PiousPious Member
    Kokopelli said:

But seriously all your doing is mining up a vend then bam, your getting all your cubits, you had to do a lot more work before vends came out, and besides just memorize how much you were selling it BEFORE you mine the block.
    And as for being used for rental block, this shouldn't even be a hassle unless your pendragon.
    I have 196 active Vending Machines in my shop. I need this.

This isn't for comparing how things have improved, it's for improving things more. Stop being against progress.
    edited July 2017
    Pious said:

Kokopelli said:

I have 196 active Vending Machines in my shop. I need this.

This isn't for comparing how things have improved, it's for improving things more. Stop being against progress.

I'm not being against progress, im being against laziness.
    Think you have 196 vending machines all prime for making you cubits in a way that is much more easier and efficient then anyway available before the vends or rental blocks came out. Now your wanting to make this to where you have to do less work than what you do now.
  • If we are on the topic of lazyness then we should hunt and gather our food, to not use computers. To craft candles and the whole nine years. I was called lazy when side ores were removed because I did not want to dig up an entire mine to find ores by the very same people who were buying the materials and it did not effect. It is easy to view the glass one way when it does not personally effect you but progress can be made for those who it will impact positively.
    Spoiler:

If we are on the topic of lazyness then we should hunt and gather our food, to not use computers. To craft candles and the whole nine years. I was called lazy when side ores were removed because I did not want to dig up an entire mine to find ores by the very same people who were buying the materials and it did not effect. It is easy to view the glass one way when it does not personally effect you but progress can be made for those who it will impact positively.

Spoiler/

Getting the edge mining back is different tho, the community already had it since the beginning. And when they wanted it back because it was a change no one asked. They were going against what the devs called "progress". Besides using vends and rental blocks allows players to earn cubits at a rate that compared to the grinding of mining would be like 1 to a 1000. An isn't the main feature of this game is to mine and build? Not run a buisness?

• PiousPious Member
    Kokopelli said:

Spoiler:

If we are on the topic of lazyness then we should hunt and gather our food, to not use computers. To craft candles and the whole nine years. I was called lazy when side ores were removed because I did not want to dig up an entire mine to find ores by the very same people who were buying the materials and it did not effect. It is easy to view the glass one way when it does not personally effect you but progress can be made for those who it will impact positively.

Spoiler/

Getting the edge mining back is different tho, the community already had it since the beginning. And when they wanted it back because it was a change no one asked. They were going against what the devs called "progress". Besides using vends and rental blocks allows players to earn cubits at a rate that compared to the grinding of mining would be like 1 to a 1000. An isn't the main feature of this game is to mine and build? Not run a buisness?

If there weren't meant to be an economic system in place, there'd be no rarities, no cash registers, no tip piggies, no trading, no cubit store, and no cubits.

If you have never bought or sold an item or utilized any of said features in the game, good for you; you probably don't have much.

This is meant to make things easier on people. It might not affect you personally, but others would be overjoyed to be able to get their hands on a bumper like this.

I didn't know the Amish could play CC.
  • I guess this would be helpful!But.....wouldn't it be the same if its only one item since you get the cubits and the price stays the same or did i read this wrong??
  • Being a voxel based game it does dishearten me to a degree that building and mining is not the main focus but I also appreciate how it appeals to a wide audience. If it means more convenience for a group without a negative drawback to another group then I am not opposed to it.
  • This would be a great idea. I'd love to have it.

On opposite end how would you separate the vends that some realm owners allow for their long term rentals; like weeklies or permanent rentals. That would be my only concern as I allow vends in my shop for those renters.

• PiousPious Member
    Simply would just not recommend using one under those circumstances.
  • Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator
    +1

I hate collecting vends and setting them up again, this would be a great addition!
  • PiousPious Member
    edited July 2018

• PiousPious Member
    Bump. Pretty sure this never got touched.
  • yayayyayyayay +1
  • +1 I like the idea as this produces money making
  • Here is a design of how I think it should look.
  • DeemzDeemz Member
    +1

good idea!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Honestly I'd be okay with an option at, for example, vendings saying "Collect Cubits" and another saying "Collect All" to empty all vends. We already have so many Bumpers this could easily be a hidden option.
  • I have to agree with both sides. Yes, it would help people with tons of vends, but if you have that many vends, you probably have quite a bit of money, and in that case could spend a little more time like the rest of mining them instead of just using a bumper.

I like how it speeds things up, but with that comes more time, money, and eventually everyone's both Cubic Castles and real lives will be so easy and simple that no one will be able to do anything. Sorry, it has it's ups and it's downs. The game still has to be about mining, rather than just economy. The new mining update brought people back to the mines, but besides that you never saw many people out there unless it were a giveaway.

Eventually, no one is going to go to mines. No one is going to build, unless it's a shop. The game is going strong, but we will die (sorry to bring up the stupid Cubic Castles is dying). We are not diminishing, but we will if we decide to create things make it too simple.

I like it, but I don't like it, so +0 for me (I didn't want it to look like just an O, but mathematically it is neither a + or - 0).