Rant on Deep Forest Mines

ValleyValley Member
edited July 2018 in General Chat
Recently Deep Forest Mines have been added, yes they are useful as they provide a variety of decorative flora and new blocks but I’ve been trying to find a forest mine so I can mine some white flowers to make dye. I’ve gone through about 10-15 mines and they have all been deep forest mines. This is really frustrating because deep forest mines don’t offer some of the things forest mines have and when us players need to access a forest mine it is not easy. So I propose that deep forest mines can only be found in certain areas (eg. Eden and Pelago) or just make a whole new icon for them. Please for the sake of the white flowers! (And other things like tree trunks, grass, beehives etc.)

Comments

• ValleyValley Member
    edited July 2018
    Didn’t mean to put a we at the start but I can't edit it for some reason
    EDIT: fixed
  • Or finally add Aegis with deep forest mines... I agree with you
  • I am not so for sure I defiantly think something is off because the mining has slowed down considerably and I can easily enter untouched Deep Forests. No forests in sight lol.
  • ValleyValley Member
    LateCom said:

kew said the reason why there are so many is because players are camping in them.
    let's see how it goes after a few days more.

All the deep forest mines I entered were empty
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited July 2018
    valley said:

LateCom said:

kew said the reason why there are so many is because players are camping in them.
    let's see how it goes after a few days more.

All the deep forest mines I entered were empty
    Pretty sure there are so many deep forest mines right now just because of the player hype. There have to be a lot because of the crowds of players who were mining stuff. Now that that's over, they should make them less common. I like your idea of having them in only certain overworld, as I too don't like the current system of jumping in random forest mines with a 95% chance of finding a deep forest.
  • It's just as bad as hoping for a tropical mine with a volcano, oh wait worse. I need red flowers for another batch of fadey foam, but the best way to get them is forest mines!
  • O my gawd red and white flowers are the worst :-;.
  • We need better ways to get pink and white dye. Flowers should not be the only way. Same with the option made from red flowers. Flowers are hard to collect, and do not make as much potions or dye as needed.
  • I dont see why to mine red flowers for dye... mineing berries they regrow and you get like 2 or 3 berries per plant
  • 'Sir.Fox' said:

I dont see why to mine red flowers for dye... mineing berries they regrow and you get like 2 or 3 berries per plant

My issue is that it takes 2 red flowers to make a Spicy Potion even though it only takes 1 chiliberry or sunberry to make the other potions And berries are a million times easier to get already. I wish they'd add a new berry type that can make Spicy Potions or just use yumberries and we solvent out of something else.
    At the very least they could change the requirement to just 1 flower per potion...
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    There are flowers in tropical mines too...maybe not as prevalent as the forest mines, but they are at least an option for the time being.
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited July 2018
    'Sir.Fox' said:

I dont see why to mine red flowers for dye... mineing berries they regrow and you get like 2 or 3 berries per plant

b3achy said:

There are flowers in tropical mines too...maybe not as prevalent as the forest mines, but they are at least an option for the time being.

Yeah but...

It's just as bad as hoping for a tropical mine with a volcano, oh wait worse. I need red flowers for another batch of fadey foam, but the best way to get them is forest mines!

• ValleyValley Member
    Bump
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    where do we even mine normal grass now?
  • Log_er said:

where do we even mine normal grass now?

In normal forest mines. Why does everyone think normal forests were completely replaced? They're just less common now.
  • People do not think or they are either blind.
  • PiousPious Member
    I say you’re all crazy because for whatever reason, in Aspen, I’ve been having the opposite problem happen to me. I just keep on finding regular Forests. Maybe it’s just me. qq
  • pious said:

I say you’re all crazy because for whatever reason, in Aspen, I’ve been having the opposite problem happen to me. I just keep on finding regular Forests. Maybe it’s just me. qq

My friend had that same problem....
  • valley said:

Recently Deep Forest Mines have been added, yes they are useful as they provide a variety of decorative flora and new blocks but I’ve been trying to find a forest mine so I can mine some white flowers to make dye. I’ve gone through about 10-15 mines and they have all been deep forest mines. This is really frustrating because deep forest mines don’t offer some of the things forest mines have and when us players need to access a forest mine it is not easy. So I propose that deep forest mines can only be found in certain areas (eg. Eden and Pelago) or just make a whole new icon for them. Please for the sake of the white flowers! (And other things like tree trunks, grass, beehives etc.)

Nope, you're totally wrong about where Deep Forest Mines can be found :D
    They are everywhere!

• PiousPious Member
    HeartRate said:

valley said:

They are everywhere!

This is what happens when people fail to read thoroughly.
  • HeartRateHeartRate Member
    edited July 2018
    pious said:

HeartRate said:

valley said:

They are everywhere!

This is what happens when people fail to read thoroughly.
    Oops, my mistake. I just got tired of double checking and reading the whole thing, people makeStakes Mistakes
    If you're mildly disturbed by it ( not saying you are, just those who are ), sorry :p
  • ValleyValley Member
    HeartRate said:

valley said:

They are everywhere!

I’m trying to find a forest mine not a deep forest mine if your read it properly you would see that :)
    I haven’t been on this week but maybe this was due to the hype of the release of the deep forest mines. I’ll try again and see if I can find a forest mine.

• Hey Valley! You will find forest mines now, there was a problem with the forest mines being nulled. Now there is a new problem and the big shrooms have been murdered so you won't find them often and if you do it will be just one or two unless they took care of it in the last day.