I Love The New Mines So Much It Hurts :O:!

The new mines are wonderful, one of my favorite aspect about them is their hilly topography. They feel really fresh and different than anything we had before. Not only that they bring a shiitake mushroom ton of new goods to mine. Thanks Developers, you have made for a super happy CC community!

Comments

• You'll poop a brick when the new crafting stuff comes out then ;P

• They are also 100x100
  • NEW MIINES??? WUT o.o
  • They are also 100x100

WHAT!!
  • The different tones of green make them a bit ugly for me, but a new mine is nice.
  • Pooping a brick sounds like it would hurt but I am prepared :O!
  • They are also 100x100

They did that like over a year ago
  • 'Sir.Fox' said:

They are also 100x100

They did that like over a year ago
    The other ones aren't 100x100 though. You know what. I'm probably wrong. I'll check later. Good to know, I guess *^^*
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I love these new mines, especially those new slimeballs in em (you probs know why)
    I love em too grey <3
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Has anyone actually found a normal forest mine recently..? I entered 10 mines in a row and they were all Deep Forests.
  • Has anyone actually found a normal forest mine recently..? I entered 10 mines in a row and they were all Deep Forests.

Same Ashi
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    This is because they're new and people are camping in them so once they become deep forests they don't ever get a chance to regenerate.
  • I miss the old forest mines :'(

I wouldn't want the new ones erased, but having two kinds of forests is weird.

If I were a developer I'd re-write the new deep forest mine as a jungle seeing as its closer to a jungle really than a forest and would be less confusing to people looking for the old forest mines.

This is because they're new and people are camping in them so once they become deep forests they don't ever get a chance to regenerate.

All of the mines I have entered have been empty with nothing mined from them. ;-;
  • Yay I am not seeing any forests and the mining has slowed down. I am not complaining because if there is a problem where forests have been replaced on accident then awesome for me, gives me more time to mine the green balls!
    Yeah, I mean I'm okay with deep forest mines replacing forest mines for a week or something. Just not forever XD
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    Seems like the Deep Forest mines should be a portal off of the regular Forest mines like the Caverns are a portal off the Mountain mines. You know...you go into the Forest and sometimes hike deeper into the forest in to a Deep Forest mine...then you wouldn't need new icons on the overview map, but you don't have conflict between having Forest mines and Deep Forest mines.

Frankly, all mines should have the main tier, but then have a 'deeper' mine:
    Mountain -> Cavern
    Forest -> Deep Forest
    Suggestions:
    Tropical -> Deep Water
    Desert -> Actual Mine with more Gold/Silver ores or Desert Caves
    Arctic -> Ice Cave
  • b3achy said:

Seems like the Deep Forest mines should be a portal off of the regular Forest mines like the Caverns are a portal off the Mountain mines. You know...you go into the Forest and sometimes hike deeper into the forest in to a Deep Forest mine...then you wouldn't need new icons on the overview map, but you don't have conflict between having Forest mines and Deep Forest mines.

Mountain -> Cavern
    Forest -> Deep Forest
    Suggestions:
    Tropical -> Deep Water
    Arctic -> Ice Cave

No plz! It’s so hard to find a cave mine, looking for a random hump of grass, I only like the idea if the portal is easy to see
  • b3achy said:

Mountain -> Cavern
    Forest -> Deep Forest
    Suggestions:
    Tropical -> Deep Water
    Arctic -> Ice Cave

This is truly one of the best suggestions I have ever heard of, GG.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    b3achy said:

Mountain -> Cavern
    Forest -> Deep Forest
    Suggestions:
    Tropical -> Deep Water
    Arctic -> Ice Cave

I love this idea but if they do something like this, I hope they don't make them hidden like the cave mines. Nobody goes in those because they are so hard to find. A few weeks ago, I had a new player ask me to help them find one and we searched through so many mountain mines and couldn't find one. After a long time of looking, they thanked me and decided to move on to other things. Maybe the devs could make them easier to find in a future update. They are really like a forgotten place in the game and that's kind of sad because they are pretty cool.
  • b3achy said:

Mountain -> Cavern
    Forest -> Deep Forest
    Suggestions:
    Tropical -> Deep Water
    Arctic -> Ice Cave

I love this idea but if they do something like this, I hope they don't make them hidden like the cave mines. Nobody goes in those because they are so hard to find. A few weeks ago, I had a new player ask me to help them find one and we searched through so many mountain mines and couldn't find one. After a long time of looking, they thanked me and decided to move on to other things. Maybe the devs could make them easier to find in a future update. They are really like a forgotten place in the game and that's kind of sad because they are pretty cool.
    Exactly!!!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Partly because I know at some point soon in the future game navigation will be revisited, including mine access, lobbies, overworld etc... the deep forest access was done in a simple way. If it continues to be a problem we'll find some solution for regular forest access shortly.
  • Partly because I know at some point soon in the future game navigation will be revisited, including mine access, lobbies, overworld etc... the deep forest access was done in a simple way. If it continues to be a problem we'll find some solution for regular forest access shortly.

:O, HYPE!!!
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited July 2018

Yea, I was thinking about this too and should have mentioned they need to increase the chance to find the portals...like maybe 75-80% chance to find them rather than what feels like about 25-30% chance of finding a cavern. I guess I'm weird because I enjoy hunting for things (loved the egg hunt, like to hunt for the caverns when I'm in a mountain mine, loved the jurassic park event to hunt for seekers). But totally agree that current cavern spawning rates would be a bit too limiting for new resource mines.

Partly because I know at some point soon in the future game navigation will be revisited, including mine access, lobbies, overworld etc... the deep forest access was done in a simple way. If it continues to be a problem we'll find some solution for regular forest access shortly.

Fair enough, so the portal idea may be moot...however, on some level it would be cool to have interconnected mining worlds...then you could travel through various mines to the next mine, which would make it feel more like an adventure. Though at that point, we'd need more inventory options (like via the backpacks, or being able to carry full chests) because after a couple of mines I currently have to go back home to drop everything I've collected into my storage. Would be fine if I could easily jump back to where I was, but as everything seems to respawn, it's probably not possible to have that kind of jump back option (so increased inventory options seem to be the logical solution).

{{Subject Change}}

BTW, I LOVE the seashells! What a great addition! I hope eventually we might also be able to get pearls from them and have more varieties of seashells. But for now, I'm one happy clam...er, I mean scallop.
  • VelvetlotusVelvetlotus Member
    edited July 2018

I love seashells too, hoping we'll see more kinds and colours - and maybe even starfish?