"Xenophobia"?

Rogue ThingRogue Thing Member
edited July 2018 in General Chat
I heard a mod saying someone was xenophobic. However if you read what xenophobia means it states, "Intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries." saying, "Do not trust Filipinos!" is not necessarily xenophobic. For example: Would you trust a North Korean? Specifically Kim Jong Un, your answer would probably be no. If not how about another example?: Would you trust a criminal gang member?
The point is that we need to stop blaiming everyone. Like LateCom I believe there are some good people in every country like Mexico, Iran, China, North Korea and other domestic threats. But anyway I am just saying can we at least speak and work out issues on our own and not just get banned for saying something others do not agree with?
DISCLAIMER: Please do not turn this to harass or marginalize a group or bring politics in this.

Comments

• I agree.
  • BeIfastBeIfast ChileMember
    I agree
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Saying don't trust Filipinos is showing a irrational dislike of that nations individuals and was not needed in hollas. I broadcasted and asked for those types of hollas to stop. They continued and the hollas descended into arguments. They were muted. Pretty clean cut I would say.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    edited July 2018
    In my opinion, the fact that this person likened Filipinos to a criminal gang is reason enough for me to say they're either purposefully xenophobic, or have no idea how not to be.
    Distrusting someone because they have shown to be distrustful is one thing (criminal gang member, I'm looking at you). Distrusting someone because of their race or ethnicity is a completely different matter.
    If they want to warn people about certain individuals, they should do it based on what the person has done, not where they are from.
  • gdog said:

Saying don't trust Filipinos is showing a irrational dislike of that nations individuals and was not needed in hollas. I broadcasted and asked for those types of hollas to stop. They continued and the hollas descended into arguments. They were muted. Pretty clean cut I would say.

Gdog, I would leave it alone.... They will have to deal with it mentally in their soul for the rest of their life. It will linger along with them.
  • Filipinos are the most toxic people to deal with tbh. They hold grudges to their grave...
    And no, I am not insulting their race, because I am also a Filipino myself.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Ok that's enough I think.
    Closing.
This discussion has been closed.