Deep forest sneak peek

Comments

• is it out?

When I quit from cc, something cool and new happen... UHG .-.
  • is it out?

When I quit from cc, something cool and new happen... UHG .-.

XD Dont say you quit. You are just taking a break
    Angel said:

Can't wait to see what is craftable!

Same here!!
    Me Three!
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    These are the kind of updates i am looking forward too.
    The other stuff is fun, but when you can actually make/build things without having to spend a fortune on it... that's what keeps me interested in this game(at least part of it).
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    If we judged what people REALLY wanted by what people buy from the cubit store we'd *only* make fancy hats :-) -- That's what people vote for with their cubits by and large.

These blocks are being added as a way to remove things from the cubit store. Note that initially there won't be new recipes. The recipes will follow. We're just starting with the new mines/resources first. Little by little.. there's infinite work to do really.
  • edited June 2018
    I do not believe we can use the cubit store to evaluate what the people desire for one big reason

- Wearables often can retain their value or increase making them an investment. When you buy building blocks they are spent C especially if incorporating into a build.

As a builder it is already a pricey hobby to engage in. With having to buy a realm/room, followed by environment stamps, doors, doorstamps, required blocks like seekerss and the list goes on. By the time a person has dropped 15k or more on a build they are not going to feel inclined to further spend money on say a 500c grill. Not when it is money being lost.

It may not be profitable to you as devs directly but catering to the building side of the game fleshes out the game giving it more meat to entice new players in who will spend $$$.

As a disclaimer I am not complaining, I feel the developers are working very hard to please us and this can be seen many times over. Like with the Easter Pack and increasing spring grass then now adding an alternative grass. I am just presenting a point.
  • Free Blocks Woo!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

I do not believe we can use the cubit store to evaluate what the people desire for one big reason

I agree with this somewhat... and certainly I'm aware that someetimes people buy packs items to resell etc...Still if we only did block updates the game would not support itself, so there's some balance to strike. What I've been trying to do is improvements to the game between and alongside the more aesthetic saleable pack stuff.
  • I fully understand Kewberth and I am not being critical at all. I have great admiration for you and the other devs. I think you hit a nice balance and the game has only been improving, there has not been a misstep. I am just like gimmeh gimmeh :P.
  • I fully understand Kewberth and I am not being critical at all. I have great admiration for you and the other devs. I think you hit a nice balance and the game has only been improving, there has not been a misstep. I am just like gimmeh gimmeh :P.

Same here, fellow builder
    Expected update on monday... all things going to plan
  • mondays so far xD
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Expected update on monday... all things going to plan

great work kewberth im so excited for the new building opportunities with this new mine
  • Dear lord MONDAY! I have to go out and buy diapers this weekend because I think I may have a few bladder mishaps.
  • This will maybe be my very first nice monday. I'm sure I'm not the only one xD
  • Well there will be a new event on Monday, shouldn't there be? So one must choose between the first in the mines, or the event. Personally I'm all for the deep forest mine, so yeah.
  • how about the lost desert, tropical paradise, frozen wastelands! mmmmmmhhh OUO
    Actually I do have a tweaked desert in the works.. but yes I'd love to see more mines. A swamp would be great.
  • Actually I do have a tweaked desert in the works.. but yes I'd love to see more mines. A swamp would be great.

IKR! So many more building ideas and such!
  • Kewberth you sly dog :O! Showering us unworthy peasants with dev love.
  • AroeAroe Member
    SirKewberth is getting stuff done!

I’m so looking forward to future Mine updates of any kind! Imagine all the endless possibilities it’ll bring in regards to crafting, mining, and harvesting.
  • What about like the adventure mode were its like a slyme place. We can have a slyme based mine. Idk just a thought
  • ZerikZerik Member
    What you mean by "Since the cat is out of the bag..." ?
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Zerik said:

What you mean by "Since the cat is out of the bag..." ?

It's a phrase.

Letting the cat out of the bag or out of the box is a colloquialism meaning to reveal facts previously hidden. The facts were usually hidden from a specific target audience or theatrical audience. It is agreed among mariners that the Cat referenced is the ‘Cat O’ Nine Tails. This was a whip stored in a leather bag aboard sailing vessels. Letting the cat out of the bag is a way of talking about something that should be kept secret. The result would end in punishment by whipping for those involved. Examples include:

- revealing a conspiracy (friendly or not) to its target
    - in a movie or play, the revelation of a plot twist
    - letting an outsider into an inner circle of knowledge
  • Gdog knows everything :)
  • Umm Sirkewb Does The deep forest mine will be permanent?
  • Umm Sirkewb Does The deep forest mine will be permanent?

Im sure it will
  • Actually I do have a tweaked desert in the works.. but yes I'd love to see more mines. A swamp would be great.

What about a canyon mine?
  • Flooks said:

Gdog knows everything :)

Did y'all NOT know that? Tee hee! I think I know too much sometimes...
  • ITS HERE GUYS, THE UPDATE IS HEEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...