Item Plaque's - A New way to display items

2

Comments

  • 60.00 Karma
    U said:

    Either way, I still am aggainst it using the actual item because nobody wants to pay 100k-1 million cubits just to make certain signs.. (Depending on the item)

    True
  • Elemental godElemental god The netherlandsMember
    308.40 Karma
    U said:

    Either way, I still am aggainst it using the actual item because nobody wants to pay 100k-1 million cubits just to make certain signs.. (Depending on the item)

    Nobody said that they have to.... the meaning is you can use ANY item... jeez, if people are so stupid to waste 800k for a sign then thats their choice but the main goal is using things like blocks
  • 120.45 Karma
    I agree it be a little silly to use a rare item to make a sign. The old just as beautiful method of glassing an item is still applicable.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    57.85 Karma
    Off topic comments have been removed. Please try to stay on topic folks. :)
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumGame Moderator
    99.90 Karma
    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.
  • 32.85 Karma
    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    V mentioned this earlier and I had suggested that the item gets used and this was more popular
  • UU Member
    214.95 Karma
    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    Still doesn’t fix the point of having to spend a million cubits just to make Ram signs, or even 350k to make Krampus signs..
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underRetired Moderator
    edited February 2018 108.70 Karma
    U said:

    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    Still doesn’t fix the point of having to spend a million cubits just to make Ram signs, or even 350k to make Krampus signs..
    If items are not consumed, get somebody else to make it that already has one. Seems rather simple to me.


    Personally, i want the items to be consumed. Just makes more sense that way to me.
    If you want to sacrifice a "rare" or "expensive" item to make a sign, so be it. If you don't want to do that, so be it. If you badly want that sign but not willing to spend large amounts of cubits, or sacrifice the item.. then you don't really want that sign do you. Weighing up options.
    Such a feature has to cost something ultimately, not just initially. Specially if the plaque is fully craftable ( what i'v been hinting at and hoping ).

    Then there is the possibility of "uncrafting", where one could gain the item back when desired.

    Nothing is set in stone, there is many ways this could be done. And the idea thus far, has not been even hinted at the possibility of being added.. yet?
  • UU Member
    214.95 Karma
    BJDware said:

    U said:

    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    Still doesn’t fix the point of having to spend a million cubits just to make Ram signs, or even 350k to make Krampus signs..
    If items are not consumed, get somebody else to make it that already has one. Seems rather simple to me.


    Personally, i want the items to be consumed. Just makes more sense that way to me.
    If you want to sacrifice a "rare" or "expensive" item to make a sign, so be it. If you don't want to do that, so be it. If you badly want that sign but not willing to spend large amounts of cubits, or sacrifice the item.. then you don't really want that sign do you. Weighing up options.
    Such a feature has to cost something ultimately, not just initially. Specially if the plaque is fully craftable ( what i'v been hinting at and hoping ).

    Then there is the possibility of "uncrafting", where one could gain the item back when desired.

    Nothing is set in stone, there is many ways this could be done. And the idea thus far, has not been even hinted at the possibility of being added.. yet?
    So that means, ram signs will go for a million cubits?
  • kirodashikirodashi Member
    edited February 2018 35.70 Karma
    U said:

    BJDware said:

    U said:

    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    Still doesn’t fix the point of having to spend a million cubits just to make Ram signs, or even 350k to make Krampus signs..
    If items are not consumed, get somebody else to make it that already has one. Seems rather simple to me.


    Personally, i want the items to be consumed. Just makes more sense that way to me.
    If you want to sacrifice a "rare" or "expensive" item to make a sign, so be it. If you don't want to do that, so be it. If you badly want that sign but not willing to spend large amounts of cubits, or sacrifice the item.. then you don't really want that sign do you. Weighing up options.
    Such a feature has to cost something ultimately, not just initially. Specially if the plaque is fully craftable ( what i'v been hinting at and hoping ).

    Then there is the possibility of "uncrafting", where one could gain the item back when desired.

    Nothing is set in stone, there is many ways this could be done. And the idea thus far, has not been even hinted at the possibility of being added.. yet?
    So that means, ram signs will go for a million cubits?
    If this suggestion does end up being added, I’m pretty sure we can find one owner of each of the rarest items and have them craft us some signs of the items. Then we could have a big giveaway of signs so there are lots in circulation and they will become cheap.
  • UU Member
    214.95 Karma
    Kirodashi said:

    U said:

    BJDware said:

    U said:

    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    Still doesn’t fix the point of having to spend a million cubits just to make Ram signs, or even 350k to make Krampus signs..
    If items are not consumed, get somebody else to make it that already has one. Seems rather simple to me.


    Personally, i want the items to be consumed. Just makes more sense that way to me.
    If you want to sacrifice a "rare" or "expensive" item to make a sign, so be it. If you don't want to do that, so be it. If you badly want that sign but not willing to spend large amounts of cubits, or sacrifice the item.. then you don't really want that sign do you. Weighing up options.
    Such a feature has to cost something ultimately, not just initially. Specially if the plaque is fully craftable ( what i'v been hinting at and hoping ).

    Then there is the possibility of "uncrafting", where one could gain the item back when desired.

    Nothing is set in stone, there is many ways this could be done. And the idea thus far, has not been even hinted at the possibility of being added.. yet?
    So that means, ram signs will go for a million cubits?
    If this suggestion does end up being added, I’m pretty sure we can find one owner of each of the rarest items and have them craft us some signs of the items. Then we could have a big giveaway of signs so there are lots in circulation and they will become cheap.
    And what happens when they say no? You have to buy one yourself?
  • kirodashikirodashi Member
    35.70 Karma
    U said:

    Kirodashi said:

    U said:

    BJDware said:

    U said:

    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    Still doesn’t fix the point of having to spend a million cubits just to make Ram signs, or even 350k to make Krampus signs..
    If items are not consumed, get somebody else to make it that already has one. Seems rather simple to me.


    Personally, i want the items to be consumed. Just makes more sense that way to me.
    If you want to sacrifice a "rare" or "expensive" item to make a sign, so be it. If you don't want to do that, so be it. If you badly want that sign but not willing to spend large amounts of cubits, or sacrifice the item.. then you don't really want that sign do you. Weighing up options.
    Such a feature has to cost something ultimately, not just initially. Specially if the plaque is fully craftable ( what i'v been hinting at and hoping ).

    Then there is the possibility of "uncrafting", where one could gain the item back when desired.

    Nothing is set in stone, there is many ways this could be done. And the idea thus far, has not been even hinted at the possibility of being added.. yet?
    So that means, ram signs will go for a million cubits?
    If this suggestion does end up being added, I’m pretty sure we can find one owner of each of the rarest items and have them craft us some signs of the items. Then we could have a big giveaway of signs so there are lots in circulation and they will become cheap.
    And what happens when they say no? You have to buy one yourself?
    I’m hoping that there’s at least one owner of each item that isn’t greedy. I for one would be happy to use what rares I do have to contribute.
  • 32.85 Karma
    Kirodashi said:

    U said:

    Kirodashi said:

    U said:

    BJDware said:

    U said:

    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    Still doesn’t fix the point of having to spend a million cubits just to make Ram signs, or even 350k to make Krampus signs..
    If items are not consumed, get somebody else to make it that already has one. Seems rather simple to me.


    Personally, i want the items to be consumed. Just makes more sense that way to me.
    If you want to sacrifice a "rare" or "expensive" item to make a sign, so be it. If you don't want to do that, so be it. If you badly want that sign but not willing to spend large amounts of cubits, or sacrifice the item.. then you don't really want that sign do you. Weighing up options.
    Such a feature has to cost something ultimately, not just initially. Specially if the plaque is fully craftable ( what i'v been hinting at and hoping ).

    Then there is the possibility of "uncrafting", where one could gain the item back when desired.

    Nothing is set in stone, there is many ways this could be done. And the idea thus far, has not been even hinted at the possibility of being added.. yet?
    So that means, ram signs will go for a million cubits?
    If this suggestion does end up being added, I’m pretty sure we can find one owner of each of the rarest items and have them craft us some signs of the items. Then we could have a big giveaway of signs so there are lots in circulation and they will become cheap.
    And what happens when they say no? You have to buy one yourself?
    I’m hoping that there’s at least one owner of each item that isn’t greedy. I for one would be happy to use what rares I do have to contribute.
    Same here
  • MidnightStormMidnightStorm Member
    5.45 Karma
    U said:

    BJDware said:

    U said:

    My question is, what happens when somebody wants a ram sign? They have to spend a million cubits to make them?

    The point is to make a sign by combining an item with a plaque. So, yes, if that is what a player chooses to do.

    Then again, if such an item was added to the game, who knows how the developers will design the mechanics.
    -1 then, players with ram signs can easily sell them 10k each if that’s what everyone with a ram does. Also, what happens when people start the “Can I borrow your krampus to craft some krampus’ signs since I’m too poor to afford one”? I actually like the idea for the signs, but I think their needs to be a different way to craft them.
    I agree, but it could work IF the owner had a means of retrieving it. I’m thinking of something more like item frames in minecraft. This is merely my opinion
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underRetired Moderator
    edited February 2018 108.70 Karma
    Kirodashi said:

    I’m hoping that there’s at least one owner of each item that isn’t greedy. I for one would be happy to use what rares I do have to contribute.

    I'm not greedy. if it was ever to be implemented with such a mechanic, i'll be sure to flood the market with giveaways of every "rare" item plaque. ;)
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underRetired Moderator
    108.70 Karma
    Bump. ;)
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumGame Moderator
    edited March 2018 99.90 Karma
    U said:

    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    Still doesn’t fix the point of having to spend a million cubits just to make Ram signs, or even 350k to make Krampus signs..
    I never said you have to spend those cubits for the item... you can always buy the plaque from someone that has the item and ask that person to make a plaque for you.. the plaque would not cost millions of cubit ofc because it is not holding the item in it .. it is just showing the image of that item thus the price would only be based on the materials that where consumed by creating the plaque.

    Remember that my suggestion does not consume the item itself.
    It will only make an image of the item onto the plaque.

    As said, you decide to spend your cubits on getting the item or not.... but the plaques would not be 100k or more... because it is basically made of common resources.

    Edit note: i know BJDware has a different idea about it but i don't agree with that. It's a sign/plaque.... not a million dollar Ferrari!!!

  • 32.85 Karma
    scorto7 said:

    U said:

    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    Still doesn’t fix the point of having to spend a million cubits just to make Ram signs, or even 350k to make Krampus signs..
    I never said you have to spend those cubits for the item... you can always buy the plaque from someone that has the item and ask that person to make a plaque for you.. the plaque would not cost millions of cubit ofc because it is not holding the item in it .. it is just showing the image of that item thus the price would only be based on the materials that where consumed by creating the plaque.

    Remember that my suggestion does not consume the item itself.
    It will only make an image of the item onto the plaque.

    As said, you decide to spend your cubits on getting the item or not.... but the plaques would not be 100k or more... because it is basically made of common resources.

    Essentially it would show what the image that the item shows when in a chest or in your inventory
  • Elemental godElemental god The netherlandsMember
    308.40 Karma
    scorto7 said:

    U said:

    scorto7 said:

    Here is something none of you have thought about...
    When crafting a plaque the item you want to display will be placed in the tool slot and when hitting craft button, all parts will be used except the item you want to display.
    You get your plaque with the item of your choice and you keep the item you used for this.

    Still doesn’t fix the point of having to spend a million cubits just to make Ram signs, or even 350k to make Krampus signs..
    I never said you have to spend those cubits for the item... you can always buy the plaque from someone that has the item and ask that person to make a plaque for you.. the plaque would not cost millions of cubit ofc because it is not holding the item in it .. it is just showing the image of that item thus the price would only be based on the materials that where consumed by creating the plaque.

    Remember that my suggestion does not consume the item itself.
    It will only make an image of the item onto the plaque.

    As said, you decide to spend your cubits on getting the item or not.... but the plaques would not be 100k or more... because it is basically made of common resources.

    Edit note: i know BJDware has a different idea about it but i don't agree with that. It's a sign/plaque.... not a million dollar Ferrari!!!

    Scorto hijacked the thread lol
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underRetired Moderator
    108.70 Karma
    Nothing wrong with a difference of idea on how such a thing should work. Just gives the devs more fuel for the think tank :P

    Honestly though, in the end, the base idea is what is most important here for me. Though the possible mechanics makes for an interesting debate.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underRetired Moderator
    108.70 Karma
    Boop!
    Bumped for new input :3
  • 43.10 Karma
    +10000000000000000000
    this is coool
  • edited June 2018 23.35 Karma
    I think that this is rather a nice idea. It would be really useful for organization and some other stuff. Although I don't remember who said it before, but it would be pretty cool if an AI pop-up would appear similiar to the ones used in bunnyzillas, farmer co-ops etc. +1 :DDDD
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underRetired Moderator
    108.70 Karma

    I think that this is rather a nice idea. It would be really useful for organization and some other stuff. Although I don't remember who said it before, but it would be pretty cool if an AI pop-up would appear similiar to the ones used in bunnyzillas, farmer co-ops etc. +1 :DDDD

    I'm curious as to how AI pop-up's would be useful in this instance. Could you give us an example? O.O
  • edited June 2018 23.35 Karma
    Well it if such a plaque would be added to the game and be placed on top of a chest or something, a pop-up would appear saying something like.. e.g. "You have stored [number of how many certain items you have stored in that chest] krampuses."
    Just looking at the plaque won't tell you how many of them is in the chest, however a pop-up would.
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    73.10 Karma
    Just scrolled through all the comments. I think this is a great idea! My suggestion to go with this is such: you craft an empty plaque, made of wood or stone or whatever. When you place it, it has a menu you can access like a switch or something. Accessing it brings up a slot, where you drop your item. The item then goes onto the plaque and when you walk up to the plaque again, there is no menu anymore. The only way to remove the item and put another is to mine the plaque, which drops the item. This way it's simple to add items but you don't have an annoying button pop-up coming up every time you walk past the plaque.

    U, I don't know if you're still using the forums, but I hope you see this because I have to ask: what's the big thing about ramm signs? That's literally all your comments have been about: ramm signs this and ramm signs that. Why are you obsessed with ramm signs? And why do you think people would want them desperately? No one needs a ramm sign. And if you were entirely dependant on a friend who owns a ramm to make you your precious sign, well, why is that a problem? Are your friends selfish and rotten? I have a couple friends with ramms who would gladly make me the sign, even though if it existed I wouldn't need it. I just think all your comments about ramm signs are a bit ridiculous :P
  • VelvetlotusVelvetlotus Member
    edited June 2018 7.45 Karma
    I think this would be a pain to have if you wanted that item back...

    Also - why not just encase it in a glass cube underneath the chest?!
  •  SirGalaxon SirGalaxon Member
    30.35 Karma

    I think this would be a pain to have if you wanted that item back...

    Also - why not just encase it in a glass cube underneath the chest?!

    Jack just gave a solution to that problem, with his suggestion I think it will be easy to remove the item
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underRetired Moderator
    edited June 2018 108.70 Karma

    I think this would be a pain to have if you wanted that item back...

    There is a difference of opinion on the possible mechanics amongst fellow posters upon this topic.
    How would you like to see the mechanics for you personally?
  • Roxie01Roxie01 Member
    7.45 Karma
    I know how to get the item back. Place the sign, then if u walk up to it, like a chest bubble, it will say “Grab item”. Then it turns into a blank sign. No spamming Lv 50 ram signs, yet u could get da ram back.
Sign In or Register to comment.