For future development - Friends and Clans

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
Please describe for me your main issues with

(1) the friends list
(2) the clan system

What would you like to see changed/added to these parts of the game. What are the most important changes and the "like to haves" -- Please discuss.

Eventually I'd like to get around to improving these things, but I need a day to day player perspective on where and how they're lacking and how to improve them.

Comments

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    a lot of players have previously mentioned the option to stop friends from being able to teleport to you. i can see the benefits of that.
  • Friend System:
    An option to mass delete friends
    A PM option
    A broadcast to all friends option
    An option to see last active

Clans:
    Clan Sentry
    More Ranks (With more uses)
    Expanded clan xp (Not just 5k, maybe 50k)
    A warning popup when summoning, and an option to deny summon
    Cheaper clanstones? I miss the old 10k clanstone in the store
  • The option to search for a name in the clan. This makes it easier for promoting. What if there was a subcategory button to look at only trial members? Something like that.
  • FRIENDS:
    Make it so no one can TP to you; or a certain friend cannot TP to you.
    Mass delete option

CLANS:
    More optional clan ranks
    Each rank and player can be set different permissions
    Clan-Only can build in this room/Clan-Only Can Visit this room! etc
    Player search
    Chat message delete option & more chat messages can be shown
    Clan sentry
    Clan summon yes-no, also with a summon message by the summoner.

These are on the top of my head
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Made a discussion on clan updates a while back, here you go http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/20499/clan-overhaul-suggestion

As for the friend list I'd like to see a feature that blocks teleports from friends but also an option to allow some people to bypass it which ofc you can pick.
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited June 2018
    Friends:
    Search Bar in Friends List
    Mass Delete option
    Turn Off Fast Travel so you can have privacy
    Allow certain players to Fast Travel to you even when you turn it off
    Sort By: option. You can sort alphabetically, by last active, by level, by time added
    Favorite friends (little star next to their name, once favorites they're always at the top of the list unless offline)

I don't think I need to say much about clans, just read Ed's thread :)
  • I also made a thread for a Clan Event that can be added if NPC's and more interesting things were added to the Clan Feature.
    Also the thread is linked to Ed's Thread

http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/21360/clan-suggestions-too-long#latest

For Friend list:
    *Nicknames
    *Qbee Profile (pic)
    *Search Bar
    *Relation - Create a Family/Relations
  • An Issue I've come Across,
    Friends that have changed/ had their name changed by official commands can't be unfriended..
    for example if you use a nametag and change your name it's fine but if a mod/ admin changes your name you can't be removed from a friends list, hence why mods can't be unfriended and some 'glitched' players :P

Clans:

1. Broadcasts to only Certiant Ranks in the clan, e.g Leaders only see the Broadcast
    2. You can pick what ranks do what, like Initiating Members or Sending Broadcasts?
    3. Higher Clan Levels (why not??)
    4. Clan Level Perks, when you level up, something is made easier within the clan, like xp cost could be 20% less?
    5. 5. Clan Members only Option in Settings, only Clan Members can enter the realm.

Friends:

1. Easier way to Delete Friends could be useful
    2. a 'Best Friends' option, so you can sort it into best friends
    3. or just make it so you can make 'groups, like 'friends in real life' or 'above level 30' for example, (ou could see these groups in a different 'personalized' part of the friends list.
    4. as requested before..a way to block some friends from tp'ing and allowing some would be cool.
  • I find that it gets confusing when a friend changes their name and it takes awhile before they have to tp and tell me, I think a lil pop up should appear on the screen and in the friends list letting you know such and such is now such and such, I think it’s neccesary
  • clan competitions. Like who can get the more points at collecting a material but nought don't count. Npcs, ranks and everything everyone mentioned.

Friends ever thing ervyone already mentioned.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    More customizable ranks would be nice too, like being able to choose which ranks have permission to do certain things (this is especially nice for clans who have multiple functions and want leaders in charge of different aspects).
  • Simplest way imo to have it where players can’t tp but allow some to, is to have trusteds added to friends list, where anyone in your trusteds(any person made into a trusted in any realm automatically becomes added to friends list trusteds, it’s synced) can tp despite the no tp mode
  • what they all said xD
  • The main issue that is triggering me is that one :

When you're in your friend list, if someone does send you a friend request, you won't be able to tp to anyone, because they all turn offline. Same if we cancel a friendship, we have to go back to the game and reopen the friend menu to tp.

When you're in your friend list, if someone does send you a friend request, you won't be able to tp to anyone, because they all turn offline. Same if we cancel a friendship, we have to go back to the game and reopen the friend menu to tp.

ima keep sending u requests so dis happens dont accept em ik u wont anyway xD

True, I make a motion to fix this, so we have a second?
  • KewbinKewbin Member
    Friends:

Status - place they're in (Realm name/ Room / Overworld name / Lobby / Mine) + Active / Idle status (how long they have been idle for)

Profile message - Message that can be edited in your profile. When friend opens you in their friend list they can read it

Clan:

Option to add new ranks - purchasable with clan XP

Option to edit rank permissions

Option to delete Clan messages

Daily Clan Quests - Complete these with your clanmates and recieve rewards for the whole clan
  • I would love to see when my friends were last active.
  • DrakayDrakay Member
    edited June 2018
    Friends:
    Unalow tp button

Clan:
    Clan Sentry
    More Ranks
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    On the friends list I would like to be able to block the option for people to tp, to be able to click on a name and see their level/clan/realm names, and lastly to know what realm they're in so that I can decide if I want to tp or not.

On clans I would like to be able to join more than one clan, a way to make clan rooms that only clan members can access, and maybe something like a mini clan forum in game, so clan members can communicate easily without having to necessarily be online at the same time and in the same room.
  • The ability to add more clan ranks would Be benificial....
  • Ability to star a friend and cant unfriend them unless you unstar them??
  • MarieAra said:

On the friends list I would like to be able to block the option for people to tp, to be able to click on a name and see their level/clan/realm names, and lastly to know what realm they're in so that I can decide if I want to tp or not.

On clans I would like to be able to join more than one clan, a way to make clan rooms that only clan members can access, and maybe something like a mini clan forum in game, so clan members can communicate easily without having to necessarily be online at the same time and in the same room.

I've always thought of the more than one clan idea....
  • Change the color of the Clan name/Clan rank to the colors of your choice. Always wanted that
  • Friends:
    1. Be able to see when they were on last (cc time ofc)
    2. Favorites
    3. Be able to see where they are
    4. Enable and disable fast travel

Clans:
    1. More ranks
    2. Send a message right before a warp "Would you like to be summoned by Qbee?"
    3. There has gotta be an easier way to scroll down the list...
  • possibly a last login date next to the persons name, so you know if theyve been gone for months, or even years, that you can delete them instead of having a cluttered friendslist
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    Friends:
    - Maybe when you’re busy and don’t want to be bothered by anyone, maybe make it so people can’t teleport to you. If you forgot that you have it unable, maybe you can have the system saying something about it?

Clan:
    - More ranks? You can buy more rank with the clan’s EXP.
    - Able to delete a clan message?
    - Search bar? Instead of scrolling for a long time, maybe add a search bar so you don’t have to scroll for a long time. This would surely help big clans.

That’s it for me I guess but I’ll probably add more.
  • I love all these suggestions especially the ones on the friends. I love my friends but we all have that one friend that will be with you every breathing second of the day and watch you pee if they could that just needs to no not do that but you can't be rude by saying something lol.
  • In clans like how i suggested
    A notice to be able to deny or come in the calling
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/21555/clan-suggestions#latest

Clan Sentry

Friends
    -Friend search bar
    -"Did you mean this person"
  • I love all these suggestions especially the ones on the friends. I love my friends but we all have that one friend that will be with you every breathing second of the day and watch you pee if they could that just needs to no not do that but you can't be rude by saying something lol.

oml I guess im that friend will not to u to other ppl xD ur not even on my list to annoy u