Kiro and Ashi's Giveaways - 4th Of July Event! - Volunteers Needed!

KirodashiKirodashi Member
edited July 2018 in Player Events & Creations
As some of you may know from the other thread, we're making an event realm. This thread will focus on our 4th of July Event! This event is held at 12:00 Cubic Time (Pacific Standard Time), at the realm Kiro and Ashi's Giveaways. The event has no set end date, but you should expect for it to last at least 2-3 hours (probably longer).

We have several 19x19 areas to host games, which means we can host many games at once. Nothing is set in stone until construction is complete, but current ideas are bomb games, PvP, etc. (Comment your suggestions below- please include details, and make sure it can fit in a 19x19 area.) The winner of each game will receive a Common prize ticket (details below).

There are 3 rooms with prize dispensers, but you need tickets to get in. The prize rooms have different rarities, and the rarer tickets are harder to obtain.

Common Tickets - Get you into the Common Prize Room- Obtained by winning most games.
Uncommon Tickets- Get you into the Uncommon Prize Room- Obtained by trading in 10 Common Tickets.
Rare Tickets- Get you into the Rare Prize Room- Obtained by trading in 10 Uncommon Tickets.

We will check ALL tickets that are being traded in to see if they're legit. Trying to trade in fake tickets will cause you to be permanently banned. Dispenser resets are every 10 minutes. If you refuse to leave the prize room during a reset, you'll be banned.

We'll also need volunteers! Volunteers will be given permission, so to even be CONSIDERED for a volunteer position, you must be a trusted and notable member of the community. Volunteers aren't allowed to play games for prizes while volunteering, but once they are done, they can. In-game moderators can volunteer too, if they'd like to.

If you are thinking about volunteering, make sure you can be there during the event hours, (and possibly for about 10 minutes of training, just so you are sure of how to do the job) Please don't get mad if you're not accepted! I also may accept you for something other than you applied for.

Volunteer Sign-Up Form: (copy and paste this!)
Name:
Level:
Position I'd Like to Apply For:

Ticketmaster - Handles all ticket trade-ins. (3 needed, one per prize room) Around 10 minutes of training are needed.

Moderator (NOT a Game Moderator) - Makes sure people are playing by the game's rules! (2 needed) (No advertising, cursing, bullying, littering, etc.) No training is needed for this position. I also may ask Moderators to help with things like Raffles/PDB if we are short-staffed.

Gamemaster - Hosts a game! This position can either host an already-made game, or help me design a game idea. (around 3 needed) (No training needed unless you are helping design a game.)

I hope we get lots of volunteers to help us with the event!
~If you're not volunteering, make sure to come for lots of prizes and fun.

Volunteer List:
Valley
SirGalaxon
Rogue Thing
Nevarwel
DsBerryPaw
CosmicSnail

Comments

• Name: Mad Dog Gamer
    Level: 19 (almost 20)
    Position I'd Like to Apply For: Moderator & Ticketmaster

I would be happy to help on this event! I always enjoy them!!
  • Name: SirGalaxon
    Level: 30
    Position I'd Like to Apply For: Gamemaster and Moderator

I love helping out with games for people, and moderation is always needed to keep players in line, thx for the opportunity! :D
  • Hello, I'd like to add in that forumers with some sort of reputation have a higher chance of being picked. PLEASE don't take it personal, it's just for everyone's safety.

-AshleighBee
  • Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
    edited June 2018
    ashibug said:

Hello, I'd like to add in that forumers with some sort of reputation have a higher chance of being picked. PLEASE don't take it personal, it's just for everyone's safety.

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    So I have a slim to none chance of being picked to to my reputation (more likely my level?
  • ValleyValley Member
    Name: Valley
    Level: 49
    I’d love to be a game master, I do lots of bombs games/bottomless games/pdcs so I should have a lot of experience :)
  • ashibug said:

Hello, I'd like to add in that forumers with some sort of reputation have a higher chance of being picked. PLEASE don't take it personal, it's just for everyone's safety.

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    So I have a slim to none chance of being picked to to my reputation (more likely my level?
    That’s not what she’s saying.. it’s something we agreed beforehand and I forgot to put in the original post.
  • Kirodashi said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    That’s not what she’s saying.. it’s something we agreed beforehand and I forgot to put in the original post.
    Then what is she saying?
  • Kirodashi said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    Then what is she saying?
    She’s not speaking to you specifically nor did she say you didn’t have a good reputation.. she’s just speaking to the applicants in general
  • ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    Please tell me you're joking. In WHAT way does reputation AT ALL have to do with level? And what makes you think I'm talking to you specifically? I never mentioned your name and frankly I wasn't even thinking about you when writing out my comment. I'm not going to trust a complete and shady stranger with items when they could simply vandalize/sabotage the event and run. ESPECIALLY when most of the prizes have been donated and therefore are not coming out of our pockets. You're the only person who commented on my response so obviously you're only doing it for the attention. you're dismissed.
  • Damn!

CosmicSnail
    I'm going for Ticketmaster, that's it.
    Level: 22
  • Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
    edited June 2018
    Kirodashi said:

Kirodashi said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    Then what is she saying?
    She’s not speaking to you specifically nor did she say you didn’t have a good reputation.. she’s just speaking to the applicants in general
    I didn't say just me. I was asking in general.
    ashibug said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    Please tell me you're joking. In WHAT way does reputation AT ALL have to do with level? And what makes you think I'm talking to you specifically? I never mentioned your name and frankly I wasn't even thinking about you when writing out my comment. I'm not going to trust a complete and shady stranger with items when they could simply vandalize/sabotage the event and run. ESPECIALLY when most of the prizes have been donated and therefore are not coming out of our pockets. You're the only person who commented on my response so obviously you're only doing it for the attention. you're dismissed.
    Like I said above, I was just asking in general.

And I now your precation because you don't want to get scammed. I'm not doing it for attention. Like I said above, I was just asking in general. What and why does reputation have to do with volunteering?

Edit: I did not mean to flare anger out. I was just curious.
  • Kirodashi said:

Kirodashi said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    Then what is she saying?
    ashibug said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.

And I now your precation because you don't want to get scammed. I'm not doing it for attention. Like I said above, I was just asking in general. What and why does reputation have to do with volunteering?

Well your response was very rude, if you didn't notice. Drop it. The purpose of this thread isn't for an argument.
  • Name: Rogue Thing
    Level: 44
    Volunteer and or Moderator
    I love helping out people, especially for Patriotic events for the great country we live in.
  • ashibug said:

Kirodashi said:

Kirodashi said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    Then what is she saying?
    ashibug said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.

Well your response was very rude, if you didn't notice. Drop it. The purpose of this thread isn't for an argument.
    I know. My apologize. I could have made it more clear. Just a bad day. But can you please answer my question? What and why does reputation have to do with volunteering?
  • ashibug said:

Kirodashi said:

Kirodashi said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    Then what is she saying?
    ashibug said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.

I know. My apologize. I could have made it more clear. Just a bad day. But can you please answer my question? What and why does reputation have to do with volunteering?
    I've already answered it. Why would we let someone who has a record of scamming volunteer for our event? It makes no sense.

Plus we can't let any random person in. there's flaws in that itself.
  • KirodashiKirodashi Member
    edited June 2018

Name: Rogue Thing
    Level: 44
    Volunteer and or Moderator
    I love helping out people, especially for Patriotic events for the great country we live in.

Volunteer isn’t a position xD
    All the positions are Volunteer positions (including Moderator)
    also @Rogue Thing by 'volunteer' would you be willing to take on Gamemaster/Ticketmaster jobs?
  • Yes if that is possible! :D
  • ashibug said:

ashibug said:

Kirodashi said:

Kirodashi said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.
    Then what is she saying?
    ashibug said:

ashibug said:

-AshleighBee

Reputation? Wow.

I've already answered it. Why would we let someone who has a record of scamming volunteer for our event? It makes no sense.

Plus we can't let any random person in. there's flaws in that itself.
    Oh ok. I didnt see that. I get it. Wording could have been changed, but I get it.
  • Name: DsBerrypaw
    Level: 37
    Due to the fact that there will be many people, and I am on mobile, if I can make it (which we talked about, and I'm thinking it's a yes), I believe moderator would be the best position. I think this all is really cool, and the best of luck!
  • name: ahmad09

level 31

role game master ive got alot of good ideas about games I can make
  • Just to let everyone know:
    It was postponed. Sorry, but we didn’t receive enough donations, and we’ll do it at a later date in July or August.
  • Kirodashi said:

Just to let everyone know:
    It was postponed. Sorry, but we didn’t receive enough donations, and we’ll do it at a later date in July or August.

Oo!! Maybe a Labor Day event??