Bad word list

People from a lot of nations play and speak different languages. So why do those languages not have a bad word list? A player cussed very bad words in Romanian to me and yes, I did report them. They think they can get away with it because there is no bad word list in their language.

Comments

• There isn't because there a lot of languages spoken throughout the world.. And the main language used in CC is English.. And anyway, if they swear, they just go against the guidelines and put themselves in risks of being reported. And people would just bypass like they do in english so no matter in my opinion.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    It definitely needs to be done, I agree with that. But it's alot harder than typing on a list ban that word. I don't know any other language swear words nor do I wish to repeat them here, so I'll use an example of Ola, pretend it's a bad word. They will add it to the bad world list, then it's all down hill from there.. Hola is suddenly automatically counted as a bad word, and any other words containing Ola will need to be added to the okay word list. Same goes for names, I belive @Assassinations had issues with people not being able to say his name. If a player has Ola in their name people suddenly can't say said players name. Sure, said could be said for English and our bad words could have different meanings in another country. I believe there is some Portuguese words which cannot be said due to it containing an English swear word
  • It definitely needs to be done, I agree with that. But it's alot harder than typing on a list ban that word. I don't know any other language swear words nor do I wish to repeat them here, so I'll use an example of Ola, pretend it's a bad word. They will add it to the bad world list, then it's all down hill from there.. Hola is suddenly automatically counted as a bad word, and any other words containing Ola will need to be added to the okay word list. Same goes for names, I belive @Assassinations had issues with people not being able to say his name. If a player has Ola in their name people suddenly can't say said players name. Sure, said could be said for English and our bad words could have different meanings in another country. I believe there is some Portuguese words which cannot be said due to it containing an English swear word

I see so many Italian saying the f bomb in Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian. Also so many people who speak English. Most of them are little kids! I just ignore them. But sometimes when I get mad, my Italian and Irish sides mix together and all h*** breaks lose. (Please tell me if H*** can be used on forums.)
  • i dont see it as being a major issue. people tend to bypass the censor even in english. if it becomes an issue, we have a report button. also, when you go into the files, the work that goes into censoring words is crazy O_O
  • i dont see it as being a major issue. people tend to bypass the censor even in english. if it becomes an issue, we have a report button. also, when you go into the files, the work that goes into censoring words is crazy O_O

True.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    If you're referring to Hell, it should be allowed. Although people sometimes get offended by it, somehow...
  • I can give a list of bard words starting with....

*gets banned*
  • for some reason mad thinks hell is a cuss lol