1.5k wasted

Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
edited June 2018 in Community
I bought the new Summer Pack thing and got a stupid blue backpack. A blue backpack for 1.5k? I know I cant get a refund, but something worth like 100c is stupid. Really? I wish I hadnt spent it. I am not here to get my c back, but I think its dumb. All I got was a blue backpack. Nothing special about it.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• You should check this often, I'll update when a new item will be out so you would be able to see if you want to spend or not : http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/17362/summer-time-madness-items

And it's up to devs to set prices, they create or change CC's economy, so not that bad.. Maybe you're just angry because you don't like it for the price it is, which is understandable.
  • I really like the old pack system better myself. Fools pack for everything is not a good idea.

I agree Red. The new screen is awesome! But the old pack ways are better!

Am just Mad. 1.5k for a backpack? It can take me an hour to get 100c. And takes me months to get 3k.
  • The backpacks will rise, and right now they're 1.3-1.7k
  • The backpacks will rise, and right now they're 1.3-1.7k

I can sell it and get my 1.5k back right now. Maybe add a special feature or easier way to get c? (Besides selling and buying, like getting more c from mining?)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I can understand how you feel. It's new and we're trying something different. Some people have complained in the past about the random packs and not getting the items they hoped. And often people have asked us for the store to sell specific items instead. So we're giving this style a try and we'll see how it goes. The one thing I can say though is that you definitely know that you'll be receiving a single item for the pack price, so it's really up to you guys to decide if it's worth it for you or not.
  • Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
    edited June 2018

I can understand how you feel. It's new and we're trying something different. Some people have complained in the past about the random packs and not getting the items they hoped. And often people have asked us for the store to sell specific items instead. So we're giving this style a try and we'll see how it goes. The one thing I can say though is that you definitely know that you'll be receiving a single item for the pack price, so it's really up to you guys to decide if it's worth it for you or not.

When you said new ways for the packs, I thought like this:

CC Store (example

-------------- -------------
    | | - |
    | Summer Items | - | Build
    | | - |
    ________________ ______________

And so on....

And in the "Summer Items"
    I thought you would have all the items layed out so you can buy it. But for the items value.
  • Well mad you can now keep yourself from getting mad by being patient and finding out what the items is before you purchase the pack. The items are not mandatory and do not require being bought. That is on you lol.
  • u couldve asked me wht ull get xD
  • Also: Cubic Castles will show you ads based on your interest? Is this true? Its the first thing in the Terms of Policy.

@CosmicCow @SirKewberth
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    I mean it tells you on the store you are only getting 1 item per lot

sum.PNG 82.2K
  • gdog said:

I mean it tells you on the store you are only getting 1 item per lot

But what about the policy change??
    edited June 2018
    Well that is just to comply with gdpr.
  • gdog said:

Oh ok. But dont over do the ads! Ads lose players! And maybe add a way so you can buy something to get rid of the adds with real money. And add a combo pack containing 100,000 Cubits, No ads, and a free random item.

(Tell me if I am taking the "ad" thing wrong)

gdog said:

Oh ok. But dont over do the ads! Ads lose players! And maybe add a way so you can buy something to get rid of the adds with real money. And add a combo pack containing 100,000 Cubits, No ads, and a free random item.

I don't think they are going to add ads.
    My guess is those that use tapjoy will get suggested games that are similar to cubic castles as that is your interest.
    It's mainly just to comply with GDPR in the EU.

@SirKewberth will be able to answer more accurately.
  • gdog said:

gdog said:

I don't think they are going to add ads.
    My guess is those that use tapjoy will get suggested games that are similar to cubic castles as that is your interest.
    It's mainly just to comply with GDPR in the EU.

@SirKewberth will be able to answer more accurately.
    Oh ok.
  • Lol shut down by Gdog
  • Lol shut down by Gdog

Hey! I wouldnt say anything! Your the one who is too lazy to make everyone come together and get this CC movie done! XD
  • Lol shut down by Gdog

Hey! I wouldnt say anything! Your the one who is too lazy to make everyone come together and get this CC movie done! XD
    e.e
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Gdog is right. The policy and terms changes mostly have to do with the GDRP. (New European Union law) -- We actually don't do targeted ads or tracking of players for the purpose of advertising. It's just not something we've ever done. Insomuch as we track anything it's to keep track of game stuff for support, moderation etc... But we have to sort of take a wider view and cover all possibilities, and we're note entirely sure about the special offers (tapjoy) in the game now in terms of this. They may use tracking. It's actually difficult for us to deal with because we're not legal experts and interpreting the fine details of eu law is really not something we do or can afford to hire people to do for us. I know some older mmos decided to close outright rather than try to comply with the new laws.
  • Gdog is right. The policy and terms changes mostly have to do with the GDRP. (New European Union law) -- We actually don't do targeted ads or tracking of players for the purpose of advertising. It's just not something we've ever done. Insomuch as we track anything it's to keep track of game stuff for support, moderation etc... But we have to sort of take a wider view and cover all possibilities, and we're note entirely sure about the special offers (tapjoy) in the game now in terms of this. They may use tracking. It's actually difficult for us to deal with because we're not legal experts and interpreting the fine details of eu law is really not something we do or can afford to hire people to do for us. I know some older mmos decided to close outright rather than try to comply with the new laws.

ok Thanks!
  • I know some older mmos decided to close outright rather than try to comply with the new laws.

If old mmos already closed, I hope CC will still playable even after a decade or two :)

• I know some older mmos decided to close outright rather than try to comply with the new laws.

If old mmos already closed, I hope CC will still playable even after a decade or two :)

I know some older mmos decided to close outright rather than try to comply with the new laws.

Bumped a old topic ^^

@Professional Killer Can you close this?
This discussion has been closed.